Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6096 6097 [6098] 6099 6100 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8572861 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #91455 on: April 09, 2015, 09:29:05 am »

If all that is true and representative, then that would make BDSM like communism.
Wh...
Bu...
I just... Could you please explain that connection a bit further? I'm not sure how you got to that.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91456 on: April 09, 2015, 09:34:20 am »

-bdsm story-

"We've been having a lot of public sex recently. Did you want to have some private sex?"
'No, you're a creep.'

I refer my previous statement:
So really it's down to... whether sadism and masochism should be regarded as psychologically aberrant.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91457 on: April 09, 2015, 09:39:59 am »

I'm sad because I complained about a bad movie and no-one agreed with me.
IT WAS AWFUL OKAY :'(
And my area is decaying into wealth :'(
For what it's worth, both your stories have been read and sympathised with.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #91458 on: April 09, 2015, 10:05:57 am »

If all that is true and representative, then that would make BDSM like communism.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91459 on: April 09, 2015, 10:06:51 am »

I didn't even know being against BDSM was a thing.

I guess everyone needs something to bash on.

I figure the BDSM community bashes each other well enough.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91460 on: April 09, 2015, 10:19:38 am »

If the sub isn't the one with real control and has the option to leave at any time, it's rape.

Pain and humiliation are most certainly not normal parts of bdsm. Very very few subs enjoy pain beyond what someone in a vanilla relationship likes (eg. Light nibbling), and even fewer enjoy humiliation.

Idunno what you've been reading, but functional d/s relationships are pretty much never public, it's simply the public ones that get attention.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91461 on: April 09, 2015, 10:21:30 am »

-bdsm story-

"We've been having a lot of public sex recently. Did you want to have some private sex?"
'No, you're a creep.'

I refer my previous statement:
So really it's down to... whether sadism and masochism should be regarded as psychologically aberrant.

Her bsdm "sessions" didn't consist of actual sex, you know, and she went there with people she actualy knew and cared for her, plus it wasn't like "lets go have some sex in private", it was more like "lets go to this house I have in another town so I can tie you up and gag you. Did I mention I live alone and far away from anyone you know and that can possibly help you? Make sure you come alone!"

@kevak: ironically, it was a pro bsdm article. I'll dig it up and post it here.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91462 on: April 09, 2015, 10:29:00 am »

B12 GD: Where BDSM is a more contentious topic than Transvestism.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91463 on: April 09, 2015, 10:37:46 am »

There are two main groups in BDSM, the weird unhealthy but more vocal group that isn't actually BDSM due to the complete lack of functionality, and then there's the functional, healthy group that is considerably more careful about it to ensure that the relationships are functional. The weird group is the stereotype and that's simply people blindly following said stereotype. Oddly the vocal group is the smaller group. You just almost never hear about the less vocal one. For the less vocal one, it's more of an elaborate roleplay that the sub has the choice and will to stop at any time rather than the "durr, you do wut I say or I hit" like the more vocal and stereotypical group.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #91464 on: April 09, 2015, 10:42:11 am »

Yea, it's really not something you'd want your kid to be into.
Why not? As long as it doesn't go out of hand... There are plenty things that are worse, even completely vanilla ones.
"There are worse things" is hardly a ringing endorsement. It's potentially dangerous. Emotionally and ohysically.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91465 on: April 09, 2015, 10:47:33 am »

Yea, it's really not something you'd want your kid to be into.
Why not? As long as it doesn't go out of hand... There are plenty things that are worse, even completely vanilla ones.
"There are worse things" is hardly a ringing endorsement. It's potentially dangerous. Emotionally and ohysically.
As long as it's handled extremely carefully and the people involved go together well, it's beneficial, if not, it's extremely bad. Hence the huge emphasis on being careful as shit.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91466 on: April 09, 2015, 10:50:52 am »

I'm sure there are functional BSDM communities out there, and both me and them can agree that the more vocal part of the BSDM community does really consist of individuals who shouldn't be left alone with a tied person for even a minute.

For the curious, this is the article I reffered to in my post. While I dislike Cracked.com, the article does seem credible. Mostly because it was written by someone who, despite being a part of the BSDM community, does admit it can create harmful environments if everyone isn't VERY careful about what they're doing.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 10:53:33 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91467 on: April 09, 2015, 11:11:00 am »

I'm sure there are functional BSDM communities out there, and both me and them can agree that the more vocal part of the BSDM community does really consist of individuals who shouldn't be left alone with a tied person for even a minute.

For the curious, this is the article I reffered to in my post. While I dislike Cracked.com, the article does seem credible. Mostly because it was written by someone who, despite being a part of the BSDM community, does admit it can create harmful environments if everyone isn't VERY careful about what they're doing.
That article qualifies as legit in my books. Sure it talks about some of the less common and in some cases outright weird stuff, but it says the important thing. Namely that the sub has the final say.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91468 on: April 09, 2015, 11:34:54 am »

-bdsm story-
'No, you're a creep.'
More like "We've been having sex a lot in a space that you feel safe about. I'd like to take you somewhere you don't feel safe about and have sex with you."

I mean, you wouldn't have sex somewhere you don't feel safe, right?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 11:42:30 am by AlleeCat »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #91469 on: April 09, 2015, 11:36:02 am »

« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 06:32:10 pm by penguinofhonor »
Pages: 1 ... 6096 6097 [6098] 6099 6100 ... 8156