Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6098 6099 [6100] 6101 6102 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8574409 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #91485 on: April 09, 2015, 02:33:55 pm »

I'm sad because I complained about a bad movie and no-one agreed with me.
IT WAS AWFUL OKAY :'(
Snowpiercer?  Hell yeah, that was painful to watch.  It was a bit interesting at first, but only briefly.  As soon as they left the caboose (which was already a bizarre mass of overacted tropes) things just got so silly.  Which doesn't go well with grim.  And they made it so grim!

I'm almost positive they saw the first Hunger Games movie and were like "How can we capitalize on this... uh... steampunk is trendy right now, yeah?  So train.  Okay throw in a mysterious asian or two and get shooting.  Oh, and make it even more over the top.  No, keep going.  It doesn't have to be at all believable, just dark."
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #91486 on: April 09, 2015, 03:02:38 pm »

Snowpiercer was... okay, but it kind of fell apart at the end. Also, the psychic stuff was entirely out of place.

@LW: Sometimes, for no good reason, I feel old, but this reminds me that I am young. I have a hard time imagining that, seeing such a change over time, having lived for only two decades. But that sense of history being lost to progress, I sort of get that.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91487 on: April 09, 2015, 03:17:49 pm »

I'm sad because I complained about a bad movie and no-one agreed with me.
IT WAS AWFUL OKAY :'(
Snowpiercer?  Hell yeah, that was painful to watch.  It was a bit interesting at first, but only briefly.  As soon as they left the caboose (which was already a bizarre mass of overacted tropes) things just got so silly.  Which doesn't go well with grim.  And they made it so grim!

I'm almost positive they saw the first Hunger Games movie and were like "How can we capitalize on this... uh... steampunk is trendy right now, yeah?  So train.  Okay throw in a mysterious asian or two and get shooting.  Oh, and make it even more over the top.  No, keep going.  It doesn't have to be at all believable, just dark."
you know
hunger games kinda ripped off like, two fucking movies
soooooo

Also, I never saw it, but I've heard far too mixed reviews to give a proper opinion.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #91488 on: April 09, 2015, 03:24:18 pm »

you know
hunger games kinda ripped off like, two fucking movies
soooooo
What movies are these?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91489 on: April 09, 2015, 03:25:04 pm »

The Running Man (Based on book by Stephen King!) and Battle Royale.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #91490 on: April 09, 2015, 03:26:15 pm »

The Running Man (Based on book by Stephen King!) and Battle Royale.
The Running Man movie is incredible and I recommend it thoroughly (as long as you understand the movie is extremely silly).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91491 on: April 09, 2015, 03:28:30 pm »

Oh I'm not saying the Hunger Games was great, just that Snowpiercer seemed to be riding its coattails in some ways.  It's not surprising that the Hunger Games took a lot of ideas from other movies too (I heard it was, like, almost word for word copied from a series of novels too  :P)

I did enjoy the first Hunger Games though.  Might have helped that I saw it in a theater, and haven't ever seen Battle Royale.  The second movie was okay, but the relationship stuff seemed weak.

Fakedit:  I don't think I've seen the Running Man.  Logan's Run, though!
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91492 on: April 09, 2015, 03:29:15 pm »

It has Arnie. It's automagically amazing.

Except for Jingle All The Way. FUCK that movie.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91493 on: April 09, 2015, 03:29:37 pm »

Seeing all my friends having fun in multiplayer games (that I don't have because #poor) while I just watch random videos that barely catch my interest is absolutely a great way of spending a Thursday evening. /s

On another note, I'm really starting to feel the downsides of not having a partner really get to me...But I'm far too uninteresting, ugly, antisocial and anxious to ask anyone out on the Internet, much less in real life (nevermind how few girls there actually are in this area).
I don't want to be a hermit like this...I was like that once but I refuse to go back.

Mental breakdowns, mood swings and diarrhea really compliment all this as well.

Something makes me feel like this is worthy of a Life Advice section thread...But I don't know. I just felt like I have to vent, and this is only one of the things that's on my mind as of late.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91494 on: April 09, 2015, 03:31:53 pm »

Venting and movie reviews is what this is here for.  Splitting an internet connection can really suck, I remember...  Good luck.
She/they

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91495 on: April 09, 2015, 03:45:26 pm »

If all that is true and representative, then that would make BDSM like communism.
Wh...
Bu...
I just... Could you please explain that connection a bit further? I'm not sure how you got to that.
Alright in theory. :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91496 on: April 09, 2015, 03:51:16 pm »

Seeing all my friends having fun in multiplayer games (that I don't have because #poor) while I just watch random videos that barely catch my interest is absolutely a great way of spending a Thursday evening. /s

On another note, I'm really starting to feel the downsides of not having a partner really get to me...But I'm far too uninteresting, ugly, antisocial and anxious to ask anyone out on the Internet, much less in real life (nevermind how few girls there actually are in this area).
I don't want to be a hermit like this...I was like that once but I refuse to go back.

Mental breakdowns, mood swings and diarrhea really compliment all this as well.

Something makes me feel like this is worthy of a Life Advice section thread...But I don't know. I just felt like I have to vent, and this is only one of the things that's on my mind as of late.

A friend of mine signed up for a "Extremely shy Meetup" where he lives(from http://www.meetup.com/), and it helped him quite a bit.  Usually they got together to play board games or went to comedy clubs.

Even if you aren't dating somebody, sometimes its good just to be around other people. 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 03:53:34 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91497 on: April 09, 2015, 04:06:08 pm »

Why are movies so adverse to having the good guys lose?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #91498 on: April 09, 2015, 04:15:00 pm »

Why are movies so adverse to having the good guys lose?
Stories with happy endings tend to sell better. People tend to dislike it when the bad guy wins.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #91499 on: April 09, 2015, 04:16:25 pm »

I think the good guys lose in Frankenstein
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 6098 6099 [6100] 6101 6102 ... 8156