Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6134 6135 [6136] 6137 6138 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8577112 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #92025 on: April 17, 2015, 07:18:33 pm »

I feel quite shitty. I can't bring myself to care about any of my classes, and the threat of failing is the only thing that keeps me doing stuff. This has led to me getting behind schedule in a few classes, which I am now stressing over because I'm going to fail these assignments if I don't...

weeeeeee

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92026 on: April 17, 2015, 07:22:19 pm »

I can't eat at the table with my family without being yelled at or insulted, or simply both.

I think I'm just going to skip dinner.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:26:04 pm by technicallyAdventurer »
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92027 on: April 17, 2015, 07:41:37 pm »

I'm really getting sick and tired of this car's bullshit. Starter died, father in law bought me one, and now I can't get the old one off. I'm not strong enough, and I don't have any air tools (not like I could use them anyway, I live in an apartment. I'm surprised I didn't get yelled at for working on my car in the first place.) When I got under the car, there was oil everywhere on the undercarriage, suggesting that it'd been leaking for a long time. Years. Several years. The car always has some bullshit problem with it (battery randomly dead, randomly flat tires, starter, intermittent various electrical failures, etc. There's more, but etc.) and I'm about done. I would be done with the thing, if that was an option.

I need this new job so I can get a new car and be done with this piece of shit. It's a hand-me-down hand-me-down used car, and it's almost like no one has ever really taken care of it. So, now I'm stuck with it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92028 on: April 17, 2015, 09:17:38 pm »

EDIT: Actually, I think it's attachment problems. Guess I know what to talk to my therapist about next week.
You having some rocky times with the current/former SO?
'Cos despite the vagueposting, that is an incredibly legitimate reason for all them emotions.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92029 on: April 17, 2015, 09:37:19 pm »

battery randomly dead, randomly flat tires, starter, intermittent various electrical fires, etc.
What I read.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92030 on: April 17, 2015, 09:41:43 pm »

hahaha, all you poor sods not living in the south, who needs alcohol tolerance when you have moonshine and fireball whiskey
If I was drinking at home it wouldn't be such a problem- it's when you're at a bar where each drink is about eight bucks that tolerance is a pain in the ass. :P If I was just spending an evening in with a bottle of Jägermeister no amount of 'tolerance' would keep me sober for long.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92031 on: April 17, 2015, 09:50:58 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:01:52 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #92032 on: April 18, 2015, 12:27:50 am »

It's kind of a general issue with a disorganized attachment style, which has me on a crazy emotional rollercoaster with most of my relationships even if most of them have an appearance of being relatively stable at this point. I don't tend to post about it explicitly, because a lot of it is stuff like: "My housemate didn't seem as delighted to see me as she usually does! What did I do wrong?! Am I going to get kicked out??? Do I need to make her a gift? Well, THAT's fine, it's not like I care what SHE thinks about anything! SHE'S a [insert something incredibly dismissive of her entire humanity here]." And I don't tend to act on that. I just calm myself down, say: "... Vector, that's crazy," and try to move on. Then I vaguebook about the stress and pain it's causing me. But I'd rather not have those feelings in the first place.
I definitely understand this. I very much question how people how people perceive me and my actions. I've noticed lately that I don't seem to get any responses when I post things on Facebook. And I'm not sure if it's that people are ignoring me or if Facebook's algorithms cause my posts to be unseen by most people. To be fair, I don't really use Facebook for much more than a news/subscription feed these days, especially since I don't interact much with people on it, probably caused by them not interacting with me, caused by the reverse, in a feedback loop of non-communication.

Although I'm not sure if I really want to communicate with them anyway; I often feel I don't really have much in common with them anymore. But then occasionally I find out that I do have things in common with people, but it never surfaced because I wasn't invested in my relationship with them enough to find out. In some ways I try to replace them with other people I meet irl but am not connected with on Facebook, but I seem unable to form close relationships with new people, possibly because I'm afraid that we'll lose touch, and they'll just end up as more people I used to know.

So, I don't have anything like your background, but I think I feel what you're feeling here (or maybe not; my thoughts got rambly there, and I'm not sure how sensibly my post is at this point, but I feel like it's better at this point to post than to delete it all).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #92033 on: April 18, 2015, 12:42:15 am »

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #92035 on: April 18, 2015, 01:04:22 am »

Bleugh, I keep vacillating between "Oh man finally somebody likes me" and "Oh man they're just being nice out of pity or something, I'm not the sort of person people like, so don't get your hopes up". I'm really good at projecting like that, I guess. Not quite the same thing as Vector's got (where they dissociate under the stress of sudden feelings of persecution it sounds like, I tend to revert to "anxious child" mode).

no i don't have anything helpful to say

just "me too, maybe"

good luck
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92036 on: April 18, 2015, 01:13:44 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:59:59 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #92037 on: April 18, 2015, 01:29:51 am »

I'd say you have no idea how much hearing that helps, but maybe you do. It's a ton. Thank you.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #92038 on: April 18, 2015, 02:13:52 am »

hahaha, all you poor sods not living in the south, who needs alcohol tolerance when you have moonshine and fireball whiskey
If I was drinking at home it wouldn't be such a problem- it's when you're at a bar where each drink is about eight bucks that tolerance is a pain in the ass. :P If I was just spending an evening in with a bottle of Jägermeister no amount of 'tolerance' would keep me sober for long.

And that is why I refuse to go to bars.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #92039 on: April 18, 2015, 02:18:10 am »

Well as it turns out I was wrong, and an ass to boot. We talked it out and I felt much better after that. Tho we did come rather close to ending it all completely (and I'm still not sure if that is actually happening or not, it was kinda left hanging in the air).

Oh well, atleast I learned what I was doing wrong, even though the way I learned was kinda shitty.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 6134 6135 [6136] 6137 6138 ... 8156