Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6183 6184 [6185] 6186 6187 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8472964 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #92760 on: May 05, 2015, 02:23:32 am »

Workplace morale took a dive lately with the announced potential redundancies and other changes. The lack of any facts beside a brief outline have lead to the rumour mill going into overdrive; It's almost the only topic of conversation and everyone is getting panicky.

The whole planning for my future thing is daunting me as usual. Still the pressure from some to go back into education, and it is something I would like even if I am failing to make that decision. At my current level of employment I can't even afford to live locally; I either need to move somewhere cheaper with similar work, or train to give me better job prospects. Finding it hard to shake the feeling I'm not fit for doing anything.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

SnowDorf

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Watching and writing. Mostly watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92761 on: May 05, 2015, 02:24:46 am »

I killed off one of my favorite characters in the novel I'm writing. They were there since the first book and I'm dropping the axe to improve the plot.

I dunno who's gonna be sadder, the fans of my book or me when I get their feedback.

How the hell does George R. R. Martin casually knock off the characters in Game of Thrones? I've never read/watched the series but I know that's one of the major complaints fans have with it.

Aaaaaaahhhhhh!! :'(

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #92762 on: May 05, 2015, 02:29:23 am »

How the hell does George R. R. Martin casually knock off the characters in Game of Thrones? I've never read/watched the series but I know that's one of the major complaints fans have with it.

This is the same man who said, and I quote:

Walter White is a bigger monster than anyone in Westeros.

(I need to do something about that).

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #92763 on: May 05, 2015, 02:50:32 am »

It's also one of the reasons people like his work.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92764 on: May 05, 2015, 03:06:11 am »

Aye. Makes me appreciate life and it's frailty. In GoT, plot armor is essentially trying to hide behind a large flimsy target.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #92765 on: May 05, 2015, 03:09:58 am »

It's about the only series where I genuinely have no clue what might happen next. I like the way he said it himself: "My story isn't written by vote. If it was, Joffrey would have died by the end of the first book." It keeps me in suspense like no series ever has before, and I appreciate the integrity that it takes to write scenes like the Red Wedding knowing what the audience reaction will be. I genuinely wasn't expecting any of the deaths in the first two books, and the story was that much more gripping because of it.

You're killing your favorite character because you say it will improve the plot. By all means go ahead, I say; the writer always knows best IMO.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92766 on: May 05, 2015, 03:15:40 am »

Aah, yes. The Red Wedding, or Why George R. R. Martin Is A Sadist.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #92767 on: May 05, 2015, 03:38:59 am »

Randomly feeling bad again. Trying to resist crying. I don't have anything to cry about.
I don't even have an actual problem what the fuck
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #92768 on: May 05, 2015, 05:40:41 am »

This may be a weird thing to complain about, but my calves have been abnormally sore for the last two or three days. Sure they're normally a little strained after a karate session but this is a different kind of pain, one where even standing up hurts. And it's just the calves too, not the thighs or anything. It's odd.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #92769 on: May 05, 2015, 06:15:08 am »

This may be a weird thing to complain about, but my calves have been abnormally sore for the last two or three days. Sure they're normally a little strained after a karate session but this is a different kind of pain, one where even standing up hurts. And it's just the calves too, not the thighs or anything. It's odd.
Do they feel... Hot? Warmer than the rest of the body? If so you might need to rest a bit, if not you should probably check it at an infirmary, there are some small meds that is meant exactly for that.
Randomly feeling bad again. Trying to resist crying. I don't have anything to cry about.
This is something I did when little, so I'm not sure if it might work for you since I haven't tested in a while, but...
Maybe you can try actually crying? Feeling bad for no reason is a sign of depression, letting your heart out of it for while might help you to engage other, funnier, tasks, since holding back to cry takes too much effort to let you do anything else.
In a time before time, I had a name.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #92770 on: May 05, 2015, 06:22:15 am »

Sometimes, the world is just terrible and you want to cry at nothing in particular. Unless the situation needs you to soldier on, don't bother resisting it. It'll make you feel a little better; I'm talking from experience. That, or do something fulfilling to shake the feeling off your mind.

Ninja'd by Magistrum.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #92771 on: May 05, 2015, 06:50:42 am »

Ugh, had a wave of nausea sweep over of a sudden with no prior warning.  Stress is taking a toll I guess.

I have to sleep at least somewhat decently tonight and tomorrow. Otherwise I supect I'm more likely than not to end up sick for real.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #92772 on: May 05, 2015, 10:13:41 am »

I've been feeling all over the place for the past several days. But it's usually shitty, with a few bright moments here and there. I understand the cause to some extend, but have no idea on how to fix it, at times I'm fine with it, but other days, like today it's just shit upon shit upon shit thought after thought.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #92773 on: May 05, 2015, 10:48:44 am »

Ugh, had a wave of nausea sweep over of a sudden with no prior warning.  Stress is taking a toll I guess.

I have to sleep at least somewhat decently tonight and tomorrow. Otherwise I supect I'm more likely than not to end up sick for real.
Lack of sleep can also cause nausea. I know that if I don't manage to get enough in one night I'll wake up feeling rather sick to my stomach for quite a while (strangely for me it doesn't happen if I stay up all night, but I know people who get it from any lack of sleep).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92774 on: May 05, 2015, 11:06:12 am »

Stress
∴ Hugs
>> comfort
Woah only just noticed how belated this is.

Our ISP recently took down the internet with zero warning because they wanted to do some cable maintenance.
Which is gonna take three days.

Didn't realize how dependant we are on this thing.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 11:12:49 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 6183 6184 [6185] 6186 6187 ... 8153