Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6199 6200 [6201] 6202 6203 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8589575 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #93000 on: May 11, 2015, 04:45:46 pm »

Oof, that's rough. Try and drop us something when you manage to free yourself from the bonds of overly controlling parents, k?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #93001 on: May 11, 2015, 05:00:23 pm »

Be safe, Worldmaster. :-\
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #93002 on: May 11, 2015, 05:01:58 pm »

People keep telling me that suicidal feelings are temporary and will somehow magically go away, because it totally makes sense to stop wanting something for no reason, but I've yet to stop feeling that way, which is unsurprising. What makes me sad is that nobody, not my family, not Bay 12, has actually attempted to give me any alternatives. Even on the forums, all anyone does is tell me not to kill myself, not giving me any reason that I shouldn't, with the occasional rant about how it's unlikely to be successful like there's absolutely no way to guarantee success. Assuming they actually reply at all instead of only replying to more popular bay12ers. And then there's the times that it starts a huge fucking shitstorm because apparently I have no right to feel that way, such as the incident that killed the Rage Thread because everything I look at needs to burst into flames.

I wouldn't normally post something like this because I'd be afraid of offending someone, but I honestly do not give a shit anymore. I'm sick and tired of withholding my feelings from everyone in the world.
In cases like this, people often do not speak up because they are afraid of saying the wrong thing, not because they don't care, but it does give the appearance of ignoring you, which probably does more harm than anything they could say.

We really need to know more about your situation to provide alternatives, but if your family is the main stressor, then (as Bauglir says) time really will solve that. You'll be old enough to just move out and put them out of your life, or at least at enough distance that you won't have to deal with toxic behavior.

There's only so much us online people can do, but we're here for you. Shoot me a PM or steamchat, whichever works best for you.

bye for now im really sorry
Sorry to hear about it. Hopefully she backs down soon.

My sad:

Stayed up until around 7 AM working on something I needed done before noon, but I passed out on my keyboard and woke up about half an hour ago, missing both my deadline and today's class by several hours.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #93003 on: May 11, 2015, 06:15:04 pm »

Well shit
I feel like I've been hit with a ton of bricks
It just hit me that ibe been dating her as long as I've been on here. Now it's home and I don't it'll be back.  :'(
I feel like a wimp for crying so much about this
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93004 on: May 11, 2015, 06:17:51 pm »

Let it out. Crying is good. It's a way to vent your emotions without hurting yourself or others, and you feel a little better after, even if it's just a little tiny bit better.

EDIT:
I feel bad for calling in sick to one of my first volunteer shifts, but I did have a panic attack earlier, and I've been feeling a little frazzled ever since, but it still makes me feel like I'm just using it as an excuse. :/
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 06:50:32 pm by AlleeCat »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93005 on: May 11, 2015, 07:35:18 pm »

Well shit
It just hit me that ibe been dating her as long as I've been on here. Now it's home and I don't it'll be back.  :'(
Yeah, the first thing I remember hearing about our Prince of Doom was that our Prince of Doom was having girl trouble :P
Seriously though, how old are you? Fifteen, sixteen? Starting a lifelong relationship at that age is a very, very rare thing. As stupid as it may sound right now: You'll get over it. What I find helpful in such situations is 'soldiering up': Keep your head high, keep that stiff upper lip, keep countenance. If you need musical support, try this.

People keep telling me that suicidal feelings are temporary and will somehow magically go away, because it totally makes sense to stop wanting something for no reason, but I've yet to stop feeling that way, which is unsurprising. What makes me sad is that nobody, not my family, not Bay 12, has actually attempted to give me any alternatives. Even on the forums, all anyone does is tell me not to kill myself, not giving me any reason that I shouldn't, with the occasional rant about how it's unlikely to be successful like there's absolutely no way to guarantee success. Assuming they actually reply at all instead of only replying to more popular bay12ers. And then there's the times that it starts a huge fucking shitstorm because apparently I have no right to feel that way, such as the incident that killed the Rage Thread because everything I look at needs to burst into flames.

I wouldn't normally post something like this because I'd be afraid of offending someone, but I honestly do not give a shit anymore. I'm sick and tired of withholding my feelings from everyone in the world.
Let me level with you, because I've been there myself: There's no real reason not to kill yourself. There's only two things that come close to being reasons: The feelings of those around you and your own cowardice. Those aren't real reasons, though:
- If you don't kill yourself just because you fear you'll upset those around you, you only live for them, not for yourself. Ultimately you'll set yourself up for a lifetime of unhappiness - which puts a burden on those around you as well.
- How has cowardice ever been a reason? It refers solely to the act, not the outcome. Fear is nothing but instinct, something to be overcome.

Cowardice is the only reason I'm still here today, by the way. Jumping off bridges is scary, let me tell you - it really keeps you away from impulse decisions.

However, I'd wager that you're still alive for a reason. Living solely to keep on living is pointless - everyone has something besides survival that keeps them going. Do you really want to just - end? Or do you have something to get up in the morning for, something to carry on for? Why have you kept going so far, why haven't you given up? If you want to end it all because of the people around you - don't you want to at least stick the finger to them? Show them you're better than that?
TL;DR: You probably have something that keeps you going, else you'd've killed yourself already. Try to work out what that thing is, then focus on that - being dead will take away the pain, but do nothing else. Is that good enough?

E: Not entirely sober right now, so YMMV. Do me a favor and don't base your decisions on this post.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #93006 on: May 11, 2015, 07:42:44 pm »

If only I could understand what they were saying :p
You guys are great
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #93007 on: May 11, 2015, 08:27:02 pm »

almost got fired today

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #93008 on: May 11, 2015, 08:42:26 pm »

The only reason I rarely reply is because, well, I tend to be really good at saying the precisely wrong thing. And on top of that,I know virtually nothing about depression and coping with it. I'm just as likely to make things worse as help, but I do care. I would probably be one of the least able people on the forums to help, but if you need someone to talk to, I'm willing to. I'm on Steam as Flame99 (it may come up as zty82100); please send me a request if you think I can help, or send me a PM on the forums.
Normally I don't enjoy having conversations about this kind of thing, but thank you.

Erm...
I would offer advice,  but I have precisely no experience as far as depression goes. I'm 90% sure I'd just make everything worse, and then possibly get you mad at me.
Yeah, that didn't occur to me when I posted that, I was in a really bad way and I wanted to just scream at everyone. Sorry.

If you're dead, you don't get to experience neat things like video games, chocolate, or new and exciting meals.
I don't get to experience excitement anyway.

Moreover, you also don't get to prove to anybody that, no, you actually can do some pretty cool things, like get that date with somebody awesome or contribute to the body of science or art a thought nobody has ever thought before you.
I've already proven to myself that I'm too paranoid to become emotionally attatched to the only girl I've ever liked, or speak to her at all, and I gave up on art years ago.

- If you don't kill yourself just because you fear you'll upset those around you, you only live for them, not for yourself. Ultimately you'll set yourself up for a lifetime of unhappiness - which puts a burden on those around you as well.
- How has cowardice ever been a reason? It refers solely to the act, not the outcome. Fear is nothing but instinct, something to be overcome.
-I know.

-I don't know what you mean by this.

However, I'd wager that you're still alive for a reason. Living solely to keep on living is pointless - everyone has something besides survival that keeps them going. Do you really want to just - end? Or do you have something to get up in the morning for, something to carry on for?
Not really, that's 90 percent of the reason I don't want to have to bother struggling onward. There is nothing left to struggle for.

* Caroline squishes IronTomato
:(
Everything I'd like to say to you has been said already, and in much better words.
Listen, I really care for you. I honestly do. We all care for you, even if sometimes it doesn't seem like it. I am sorry I don't answer enough to your posts. If there is ever anything I can do for you, don't be afraid to ask.
Also,
Let it out. Crying is good. It's a way to vent your emotions without hurting yourself or others, and you feel a little better after, even if it's just a little tiny bit better.
this also applies here.
I shouldn't cry any more about something like this.

------------------------

I felt like it would be a bloody amazing idea to just open my mouth and say that, but now I'm really starting to regret it for some reason. I wish I could reply to everything you guys said, but I can't at the moment. I'm really sorry.

Well shit
Like Helgo said, relationships in the teenage years tend to be minor. I've never really been in love or dated anyone, so I don't know how it feels to lose someone like that, but know that you can now move on to bigger and better things if that's what you want to do. I don't mean to say it isn't a big deal, but I feel like you'll grow from it somehow.

In a way, I'm really proud of you for being able to get where you are. Look forward to those bigger and better things.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #93009 on: May 12, 2015, 12:33:26 am »

The city is working on the sewer lines in our area.  Some kind of cleaning operation.  And it's forcing a raw sewage smell up through our plumbing.  They say this may go on for a couple weeks.  This is day one, and it already has me feeling ill.  And there's been storms outside, so we can't even leave our windows open.

And I barely have a sense of smell.  I can't imagine what everyone else is going through.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #93010 on: May 12, 2015, 12:49:17 am »

The city is working on the sewer lines in our area.  Some kind of cleaning operation.  And it's forcing a raw sewage smell up through our plumbing.  They say this may go on for a couple weeks.  This is day one, and it already has me feeling ill.  And there's been storms outside, so we can't even leave our windows open.

And I barely have a sense of smell.  I can't imagine what everyone else is going through.
I guess what you're saying is it's a ...rather shitty situation.

* Spehss' sunglasses fall off

I'll go now.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #93011 on: May 12, 2015, 12:50:01 am »

almost got fired today
That's not a good start.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #93012 on: May 12, 2015, 01:46:03 am »

A couple of my colleagues went to a big meeting where we were supposed to get more answers about the upcoming potential redundancies. No new information was provided except that the new jobs being created to replace our department are also open to people from other stores.

I've been looking for work since I heard hint of the upcoming redundancies. Haven't yet been able to find something that pays well enough to allow me to rent and I can't keep relying on people to put me up for a night here and there.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #93013 on: May 12, 2015, 01:55:07 am »

In which I discover the 90% to why my productivity = :(
Now to work on the underlying portions!

There's only so much us online people can do, but we're here for you. Shoot me a PM or steamchat, whichever works best for you.
Also this, IT.
And I'm uncertain if you got my PM because it hasn't received a response...Maybe?
But you also need to be aware//gain knowledge on what's being presented to you--and somewhat judging by what you say:
People keep telling me that suicidal feelings are temporary and will somehow magically go away
You lack complete information. (And its that lack of information which does not lead to a fulfilling outcome) :-\
Still.
Shoot me a PM or steamchat, whichever works best for you.
I'll (try to) shoot you one (due to bad net conditions here).
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 02:00:14 am by Tiruin »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #93014 on: May 12, 2015, 02:08:45 am »

Huh. That's interesting. Although I'm not terribly trusting of the claims of Random Pictoor on Interwebz.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 6199 6200 [6201] 6202 6203 ... 8156