Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6228 6229 [6230] 6231 6232 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8577256 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #93435 on: May 24, 2015, 02:57:11 pm »

You think I'm a woman??
Why does it turn out so many online people think I'm a woman?
HugoWuman

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #93436 on: May 24, 2015, 03:10:16 pm »

Hrm, it's seeming more and more like this IT engineering study isn't the right thing for me either. I just can't figure out where the hell i am to place myself in terms of professions, and i don't think i'd be content with living as a drifter either. I don't mind doing my part to keep society going, but ideally i wouldn't have to break my own psyche while doing so. :/
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #93437 on: May 24, 2015, 07:04:52 pm »

Hrm, it's seeming more and more like this IT engineering study isn't the right thing for me either. I just can't figure out where the hell i am to place myself in terms of professions, and i don't think i'd be content with living as a drifter either. I don't mind doing my part to keep society going, but ideally i wouldn't have to break my own psyche while doing so. :/
can relate.

my own sads, I'm getting discouraged. I thought I found a thing to aim for in college, specifically a bachelor's degree in computer science and then trying to get a master's or whatever I'd need to take part in artificial intelligence research programs at whatever college I wind up choosing, because AI is cool and the thought of helping do science and stuff and making robots or machines that think seems cool.

But it seems like I suck at programming. I understand high school computer science classes level programming, the freshman level c++ introduction course I took for a semester in college was also easy. But trying to do anything on my own or learn on my own and do my own side projects leads to me being confused, discouraged, and giving up and having a bunch of incomplete side projects I thought would've been easy to implement.

This is leading to me questioning if I'm really making the right choice or not.

I thought I was making progress and figuring out what to do with my life. Now I'm not sure if I made progress at all.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93438 on: May 24, 2015, 07:06:39 pm »

Everyone is shit at something until they sorta become not-shit.

It sucks to transition but it's necessary. :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93439 on: May 24, 2015, 07:21:48 pm »

I've upset someone by asking about the wrong things. I really should have been more perceptive that the topic would piss them off.
Apologize, buy them a flower, and ask them if you can hug them.
Online friend. I'll go for sincere apology and hope there's no grudge.

Also
If they're a woman, do all that still, but also say "no homo" in a very quiet whisper if you hug them.
You think I'm a woman??
Why does it turn out so many online people think I'm a woman?
No see if you were a woman it might be homo
So you you're just bemoaning the fact that you aren't lesbians
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #93440 on: May 24, 2015, 07:23:06 pm »

I thought I was making progress and figuring out what to do with my life. Now I'm not sure if I made progress at all.
Yeah dude, you gotta just keep throwing effort at it until you get the grasp of the thing.
If anyone haven't said already, a great tool for learning things in programming is to take part in open source projects, since you can take on something and try, if you think you can't do it now, wait a bit and see what other programmer did there and learn from his example.
Maybe trying a small indie project can help you get better too, having all the objectives and code made by you makes things stay within reach.
Also, I, too, think that A.I.s are awesome. Go for it.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #93441 on: May 24, 2015, 07:24:51 pm »

Everyone is shit at something until they sorta become not-shit.

It sucks to transition but it's necessary. :v
Well, yeah, obviously. I realize it sounds like I'm complaining "it's too hard waaah" but I expected it would be hard and take years of time and shit.

I guess I expected I'd be better at learning it.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93442 on: May 24, 2015, 07:40:52 pm »

The 'no homo' bit is a way of defusing the situation with comedy.
It seems quite unlikely that this hypothetical female would continue to be mad after having 'no homo' whispered to her during a hug. She would probably laugh. At least. I think that is what would happen.
Now, if you were both dudes it would just be weird that you needed to clarify. Also I just woke up and I think I am kinda hungover.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #93443 on: May 24, 2015, 08:20:15 pm »

If a train seems unusually roomy, it's probably the wrong train.

I hope the next train going where I need to go is coming soon.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93444 on: May 24, 2015, 08:24:32 pm »

Ohhhh no! D:
And I was so happy for you and your 'nearly empty train' experience, too. It's just tragic that such happiness was so misplaced. Catching the wrong train and ending up in the middle of nowhere kinda sucks, too.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #93445 on: May 24, 2015, 08:27:02 pm »

I knew something was up when I crossed the river.

There's no river crossing on my route.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #93446 on: May 24, 2015, 08:38:31 pm »

Bohandas, would you want me to try logging in for you, see if it's your account or something on your own computer? Or maybe someone you trust a bit more than the random forum viking.

Part of the problem is that I'm not 100% sure I'm using the correct password; When my account was hacked a few weeks ago I became paranoid and only wrote down my new password as a series of Da Vinci Code-esque clues. Unfortunately the last part wasn't specific enough; the last part of the password is some subset of the name " J.R."BOB"Dobbs" but I'm not 100% sure what part of it and how it's capitalized.

Though if it were merely an issue of me inputting the password incorrectly that wouldn't explain why the password recovery confirmation emails aren't reaching my inbox (and they're not in my spam folder either, I checked)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93447 on: May 24, 2015, 11:10:37 pm »

Unless someone broke into your house to steal the password, you can just write the password on the underside of your desk. Thieves that break into your house are usually interested in physical possessions and things like credit cards. They, in almost every case, couldn't give two shits as to your Steam account. Hell, if you JUST write the password, they've got a password, and no clue what it's for.

Pretty much. They might see it and assume it's the password to log into the computer, but if/when that doesn't work they're unlikely to waste any more time on the mystery that could be spent loading up your TV and precious metals. They might take the computer, I guess, but that's neither here nor there.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #93448 on: May 24, 2015, 11:17:12 pm »

They might take the computer, I guess, but that's neither here nor there.
Only if they steal it, and you aren't the thief. Otherwise, the computer probably should be in one of those two places.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #93449 on: May 24, 2015, 11:39:50 pm »

Just wrote down a horror story idea I had...
Now I can't sleep because I scared myself..
Thanks brain..

Not to mention I'm already half depressed from the break up a few days ago and now having trouble not being able to talk to someone all day...
God I hate being single.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.
Pages: 1 ... 6228 6229 [6230] 6231 6232 ... 8156