Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6279 6280 [6281] 6282 6283 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8580911 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94200 on: June 15, 2015, 03:12:07 pm »

It's complicated of course...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler

He was raised Catholic, and it doesn't look like he technically renounced that, but it's not like he respected the Church's authority except as a tool to commandeer.  The Nazis basically made a new form of Christianity under their own authority.  Distinct and in opposition to Catholicism, Protestantism, Atheism... yeah.

It's frankly bullcrap that people use him as an example of atheism gone amock.  But he wasn't Catholic either in a meaningful sense.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #94201 on: June 15, 2015, 03:52:20 pm »

I think you guys are exaggerating too much and acting like he's literally Hitler.

Wait.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #94202 on: June 15, 2015, 03:54:36 pm »

... Breaking news.

Hitler is worse than being literally Hitler.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #94203 on: June 15, 2015, 03:55:31 pm »

... Breaking news.

Hitler is worse than being literally Hitler.
System Reality has encountered a serious error and has crashed. We apologize for the inco-- oh, you're all dead now anyway.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94204 on: June 15, 2015, 03:56:02 pm »

And Cee-Lo Green is still literally Hitler.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94205 on: June 15, 2015, 05:15:51 pm »

It's frankly bullcrap that people use him as an example of atheism gone amock.  But he wasn't Catholic either in a meaningful sense.
Given how fairly religious his speeches were, and from what I gathered, how he was in his privately religious life... I think the only people who say Hitler is atheism run amok are people who think "Only an atheist could do something so horrible!" and people who listen to that circular reasoning.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94206 on: June 15, 2015, 05:17:00 pm »

Breaking news.

Naziism is a religion.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94207 on: June 15, 2015, 05:27:41 pm »

Changing my name on my insurance:
Quote from: Insurance company
Mr. Downing...
*eye twitches*

Alyssa is a feminine name, right? Am I really the only one who thinks that?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94208 on: June 15, 2015, 05:44:07 pm »

Please, I've gotten mail addressed to 'Mrs Brad Tacken'.
Albeit not often.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #94209 on: June 15, 2015, 07:05:33 pm »

Given how fairly religious his speeches were, and from what I gathered, how he was in his privately religious life... I think the only people who say Hitler is atheism run amok are people who think "Only an atheist could do something so horrible!" and people who listen to that circular reasoning.

There is little question that the closest thing Hitler had to a religion was a twisted form of Nietzsche, from which he derived the concepts of Ubermenschen and Untermenschen upon which Nazi society was built. His journals and private correspondence are filled with contempt for all forms of religion, and his only interest in them appears to be in using them as levers of power.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94210 on: June 15, 2015, 07:07:00 pm »

Heh, a friend of mine had been referred to as a woman by countless different companies since he was a young child. Cable company telemarketers would get him and ask if 'her' children or grandchildren were home to talk to, since he clearly sounded like an elderly woman who could not take care of herself.

I cannot peel potato without a potato peeler. Am sad potato.

And I think I have plant allergies. Had to do yardwork with my mom, since she was bored and only knows how to alleviate boredom through cleaning. My hands swelled and itched. It's going back down now though.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #94211 on: June 15, 2015, 09:01:39 pm »

I thought Hitler favoured paganism and encouraged its growth?

I heard he was in a cult called the "Thule Society"
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #94212 on: June 15, 2015, 09:14:48 pm »

I am utterly sick and tired of the down-talking, "You don't know what you want, so let us tell you" mentality of advertising nowadays. I have some websites whitelisted with AdBlock because that's the way I choose to support them, yet it's becoming harder each day.

Just some ads I've seen today that piss me off:

• No Charter, you don't know about LAN parties or "game night". You are a cable company trying to get me to buy an overpriced service I don't need, by pandering to a stereotype that you think I fit into.
  • Old Spice, shame on you for that stupid ad with the parents singing about how their boy "became a man" after he wore Old Spice. I had a small amount of pride that I wore Old Spice, because I thought the brand had some class left in it. Now it caters to the same brotard douchebag crowd that AXE goes after.
  • Charter again, demeaning viewers' intelligence by asking that I trust a Charter-owned website to tell me how good my Internet is. Of course the Charter website is going to say that Charter's service is faster because the website is fucking owned and operated by Charter.
  • How much money do Nissan, Toyota, etc. think I have? I can barely afford to keep up the used car that I have, much less buy three brand-new next generation cars with all the extras, and trying to convince me that I need such ridiculous overpriced bullshit when the one that I have is just fine.
  • Arby's swears up and down that their smokehouse sandwiches have real meat, that's kept in a freezer in the back and heated up and left in a cabinet to stay warm until somebody's ready to buy it just like any other American fast-food restaurant. Not to mention the fact that there isn't an Arby's for miles in every direction.
  • Boy, nothing gets me more pumped to watch Undateable like an ad that directly states I have no life and suggests I get a girlfriend!

Among many others.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #94213 on: June 15, 2015, 09:41:24 pm »

I've failed. I've failed due to my own mistakes and being screwed by chance. My indecisiveness in writing a paper and my computer in corrupting a final exam. I should have known my mom would be pissed, but somehow I let that slip out of my awareness today, when I had to come home for a doctor's visit, and I caught the full brunt of anger with my defenses down. Compounded anger from my brother's grades and my other brother's sullenness. Threats to pull the plug and send me to community college.

I don't want to deal with this. I know I screwed up but... ugh.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #94214 on: June 15, 2015, 10:03:49 pm »

Obama won't let the damn Transpacific Partnership deal die.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 6279 6280 [6281] 6282 6283 ... 8156