Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6309 6310 [6311] 6312 6313 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8569988 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94650 on: June 25, 2015, 07:41:31 pm »

Can't tell if Kal was talking about in real life or in animal crossing. Hopefully it was in Animal Crossing. Otherwise, uh, I'd be noping out too.
I'm talking about real life...
D:

Spider bite in the EYE? Nopenopenopenopesweetjesushelpmenopenopenope. That sucks, Kal.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Dwarfurious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94651 on: June 25, 2015, 07:46:40 pm »

Saw a Watchmojo video on youtube today, but its a few weeks old. Top 10 games with steep learning curves! Dwarf Fortress? Not in the top 10. #1? Dark Souls. Sad forever. Wonder if i can post this in the WTF and Terrified threads too because sadness doesnt begin to describe it.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94652 on: June 25, 2015, 07:51:05 pm »

Why would that be terrifying?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #94653 on: June 25, 2015, 07:52:11 pm »

Saw a Watchmojo video on youtube today, but its a few weeks old. Top 10 games with steep learning curves! Dwarf Fortress? Not in the top 10. #1? Dark Souls. Sad forever. Wonder if i can post this in the WTF and Terrified threads too because sadness doesnt begin to describe it.
watchmojo is hardly a reliable source of information. All they do is regurgitate popular media into top 10 lists for clickbait. DF is a very niche game compared to the huge playerbases and mass appeal of games like Dark Souls. Don't take watchmojo's opinion seriously.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #94654 on: June 25, 2015, 09:25:37 pm »

Get to listen to all the ranting about how we never have enough money to pay for everything and can never get ahead enough to buy a pump for the well or insulation for the house. Which is duh, I already know all of this. I already know my financial aid doesn't cover me for a full semester, and its not my fault, I can't get any more. But you know what? I put everything I can into the family, as soon as I get it.

We're going to freeze to death this winter, all so we can have this pasture land we can't afford for the horses we can't afford to keep, because well be living in a house we can't afford to insulate with a well we can't afford to put a pump on that we couldn't use anyway because we can't afford electricity to run it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dwarfurious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94655 on: June 25, 2015, 09:38:26 pm »

watchmojo is hardly a reliable source of information. All they do is regurgitate popular media into top 10 lists for clickbait. DF is a very niche game compared to the huge playerbases and mass appeal of games like Dark Souls. Don't take watchmojo's opinion seriously.
Its mostly that the video shows flawed the whole thing is so its entirely pointless to watch now, the video was proof. Also i hate the dark soul fanbase now.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #94656 on: June 25, 2015, 10:12:48 pm »

Get to listen to all the ranting about how we never have enough money to pay for everything and can never get ahead enough to buy a pump for the well or insulation for the house. Which is duh, I already know all of this. I already know my financial aid doesn't cover me for a full semester, and its not my fault, I can't get any more. But you know what? I put everything I can into the family, as soon as I get it.

We're going to freeze to death this winter, all so we can have this pasture land we can't afford for the horses we can't afford to keep, because well be living in a house we can't afford to insulate with a well we can't afford to put a pump on that we couldn't use anyway because we can't afford electricity to run it.
Jeez, man :(

Not having enough money really bites.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94657 on: June 25, 2015, 10:26:44 pm »

Training
If you want to train like a madman, come train with me!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94658 on: June 25, 2015, 10:56:11 pm »

-
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 10:39:19 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94659 on: June 25, 2015, 11:05:49 pm »

Edit: In case anyone was thinking of responding (hah)
(hah)
MumbleGrumble.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #94660 on: June 26, 2015, 01:50:25 am »

A cloud of meh has descended over me. I don't know why but all my energy and motivation is suddenly gone. I don't feel like I have anything to live for at the moment: not in the sense of wanting self destruction, but in the sense that existence seems boring for some reason. I don't think I know how to properly express my negative emotions, trying to sleep this off results in the thoughts swirling around in my brain keeping me up, but posting about them feels self-indulgent and overly dramatic, and that I'm just fishing for positivity or something. Which is probably not how it should feel, but I dunno.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94661 on: June 26, 2015, 02:15:05 am »

This is one of least self-indulgent and overly dramatic posts I have ever seen from someone accused of being self-indulgent and overly dramatic.
Given that this was self-accused, and I'm usually the only person on this forum who zealously witchhunts people who might be fishing, it's an uncommon case.

But yes, ennui is a bitch. I've been dealing with it for about a year now, and basically my worldview has boiled down to "I shall survive soley for the purpose of seeing how cool technology gets, and whether or not this environment thing get sorted out."
Which isn't great as reasons to live go, but hey, it is one.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #94662 on: June 26, 2015, 03:40:06 am »

I was about to say that if you're concerning about being self-indulgent and overly dramatic then you probably aren't, but then I realized that I often apologize for being self-indulgent and overly dramatic while being self-indulgent and overly dramatic about it. I understand how you feel but I honestly don't know how to deal with it either seeing that how I cope with it is usually via display of unbridled anger. From what I have heard, though, the best you could do about it is let the thoughts swirl in your head but also fighting to be rational about it.

A cloud of meh has descended over me. I don't know why but all my energy and motivation is suddenly gone. I don't feel like I have anything to live for at the moment: not in the sense of wanting self destruction, but in the sense that existence seems boring for some reason. I don't think I know how to properly express my negative emotions, trying to sleep this off results in the thoughts swirling around in my brain keeping me up, but posting about them feels self-indulgent and overly dramatic, and that I'm just fishing for positivity or something. Which is probably not how it should feel, but I dunno.

Also on this point in particular I think my 20 cents is that no matter how boring or exciting existence really is, it doesn't really matter because you will usually get bored anyways. Part of why humans are so great is that we do so many astoundingly stupid stuffs because we are bored, which result in a lot of cool things we have now.

So you have to realize that the reason existence seems so boring to you is just because of your brain. Now, I shouldn't presume to say that the way to deal with it is to be aware of it and be rational, because I can't be rational about it either, but that's what I think would be what one should strive for.

* Cinder apply hugs to HugoLuman
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #94663 on: June 26, 2015, 06:36:08 am »

Why can people on your ignore list still PM you?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94664 on: June 26, 2015, 07:03:12 am »

that's more than likely worth smashing the report button m8
Pages: 1 ... 6309 6310 [6311] 6312 6313 ... 8156