Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6330 6331 [6332] 6333 6334 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8559592 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94965 on: July 07, 2015, 09:50:24 pm »

A certain someone has very limited internet access this week and I shall miss being in contact with them.

So my friends want me to go do things with them in person. This terrifies me to no end since my parents don't yet know that I'm in contact with them and they don't exactly have a high opinion of them but I really want to go but also if I do I'm probably going to freak out since I've literally never done anything outside of school with people I would call friends ever and I'm freaking out now and I want to cry and stuff. I mean, I can probably convince my parents without too much effort but I'm scared I'll say something I regret if I talk to them or they'll figure out that I've actually been talking to them for a while and they'll want to read everything that's been said and monitor any future use and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Go and do! It'll be fun!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #94966 on: July 07, 2015, 10:04:05 pm »

And a friend's best friend apparently just died a short while ago from an asthma attack and his mother is being a bitch about it. And now I'm thinking about what if the person who I consider my closest friend were to die.

I'm too tired for this, fuck.

:'(

@earlier I'm going to try tomorrow because fuck everything.

Sorry for cluttering the thread by the way.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94967 on: July 07, 2015, 10:05:58 pm »

Don't be sorry, this thread exists to vent.  Know that people are reading it and care, even if they don't always post :(
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #94968 on: July 07, 2015, 11:23:18 pm »

Another friend unhappy with their partner's routine awful behavior, another round of "You gotta think about your own happiness sometimes" and other advice in that vein, another "LOL I MADE UP WITH MY SWEET BAE <3 <3 <3" in my Facebook feed later that day. Fuck my life, why do I try to be helpful.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #94969 on: July 07, 2015, 11:52:48 pm »

Another friend unhappy with their partner's routine awful behavior, another round of "You gotta think about your own happiness sometimes" and other advice in that vein, another "LOL I MADE UP WITH MY SWEET BAE <3 <3 <3" in my Facebook feed later that day. Fuck my life, why do I try to be helpful.
You try to be helpful because you're a nice guy? Could be worse, you could be an asshat. Better to be nice and not realize it than be an asshat and not realize it.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #94970 on: July 08, 2015, 12:03:02 am »

I'm in an awful state of indecision brought on by nearly everything I want to do having a painful memory associated with it.

Sometimes I Just wish I could wipe out large portions of my memories at will...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #94971 on: July 08, 2015, 12:51:37 am »

Know that people are reading it and care, even if they don't always post :(
You are completely correct. I've read every post since my PTW, even though I don't post that much in this thread.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94972 on: July 08, 2015, 03:41:39 am »

I'm in an awful state of indecision brought on by nearly everything I want to do having a painful memory associated with it.

Don't we all ? As far as I know, the best method for coping with that is replacing them with newer, happier memories. Put those painful memories aside for a while, and try to enjoy the present (and maybe bring a few lasers to amplify the effect ^^).

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #94973 on: July 08, 2015, 12:16:46 pm »

Fucking tooth extraction ugh. Was gonna be a root canal, but the doc's responses pretty much said "you'll just be back here in a month getting it extracted anyway"

Half the fucker was rotted away and it STILL managed to be clingier then a yandere harpoon.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #94974 on: July 08, 2015, 01:48:22 pm »

Because you choose to be friends with people who write like that?

On a more serious note, I know how you feel. Friend constantly venting to me about problems with her boyfriend, who I'm almost entirely certain is married. And I've pointed this out. And she's admitted I'm right. And I even think he's doing shit to try and get her to break up with him, so he's not the asshole in this, somehow. And yet....every time we talk, still the same old situation. Ergo, we don't talk nearly as much anymore. I just don't have time for that kind of bullshit.

It's called Bacardi 151. The problem is that it's not targetable.

(Just kidding.)
(Mostly.)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #94975 on: July 08, 2015, 04:05:42 pm »

It's so cold today. Heater is taking forever to warm up. Even my cup of tea cooled down far faster than usual, and warming oneself up with lukewarm tea is not entirely effective.
My only consolation is that I don't have anything to do today so I am more than justified staying in my bed with the cats for company.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94976 on: July 08, 2015, 04:34:34 pm »

Why didn't you drink it before it got cold? Chug it like a man! Straight from the kettle!
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94977 on: July 08, 2015, 04:36:18 pm »

It's so cold today. Heater is taking forever to warm up. Even my cup of tea cooled down far faster than usual, and warming oneself up with lukewarm tea is not entirely effective.
My only consolation is that I don't have anything to do today so I am more than justified staying in my bed with the cats for company.

the cat-based heating system is real

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #94978 on: July 08, 2015, 04:43:25 pm »

Why didn't you drink it before it got cold? Chug it like a man! Straight from the kettle!
Normally I leave it for five minutes and it's perfect, but apparently Winter wants me to suffer.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94979 on: July 08, 2015, 04:55:48 pm »

Turns out I'm going to need about 50m more ethernet cable than I was hoping I would. Thankfully length doesn't impact on cost so much, but it's a whole extra cable so...
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 6330 6331 [6332] 6333 6334 ... 8155