Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6332 6333 [6334] 6335 6336 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8571604 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94995 on: July 08, 2015, 11:47:49 pm »

Yeah, not one to take more than the recommended dose on purpose. But my poor short-term memory will probably kill me one day.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #94996 on: July 08, 2015, 11:48:03 pm »

Abusing nsaids is bad, m'kay.  Just tough it out.
That is the sassiest "don't overdose on drugs" I've ever heard.

You dont understand, abuse of nsaids is endemic in the US. There are people here who use nsaids so much that they literally destroy their stomach, esophagus, and liver.

"pain management" is a big business over here.  I literally meant that abusing nsaids is BAD, m'kay?
Ooh, that's a little uncomfortable.  There was a point in my life where I took a LOT of advil.  By which I mean I took the recommended dose but for an extended period of time.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94997 on: July 08, 2015, 11:48:25 pm »

I'd never heard that term before, but Google to the rescue.  Anti-inflammatories, basically...  I didn't realize they even could be abused.  Or that aspirin counted as one.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94998 on: July 08, 2015, 11:54:42 pm »

Drinking a bunch of water in hopes of diluting it. Also, have been somewhat behind on recommended water consumption. Don't worry, I won't OD on water. I know that that's a thing but half a liter won't do it, and I'm not drinking it quickly.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94999 on: July 09, 2015, 12:07:56 am »

Most NSAIDs have a great big warning on the back of the bottle (that of course, nobody reads...) that says to discontinue use and seek the assistance of a physician if pain does not abate within so many days of taking it.

NSAIDs really aren't supposed to be used daily, every day, every week, of every year.

Using NSAIDs that way without consulting your physician and monitoring of your liver, renal, and GI function is straight up abuse.  Further, misuse of NSAIDs has been linked to neuropathy via the COX2 pathway they operate on. Basically, abuse of NSAIDs causes increased blood pressure, which over time, damages nerves. Neuropathic pain is one of the leading symptoms of type II diabetic illness-- Chronic hypertension can also cause peripheral neuropathic pain. (Which, if induced by abuse of NSAIDs for other pain, can lead to a drug fueled feedback of habitual use and increased damage.)

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/582385_3
http://etheses.bham.ac.uk/1610/

Only use NSAIDs when you actually need them.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95000 on: July 09, 2015, 12:13:47 am »

I was prescribed them by my physical therapist, to use until the stretching regimen starts lessening the nightly pain spasms.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95001 on: July 09, 2015, 12:17:02 am »

Ok then. 

Just dont take more than prescribed, and cease use after the prescribed use period.

Many people wrongly think that OTC NSAIDs are "completely safe."  They aren't. (In fact, many would not be allowed onto the market under modern testing and safety rules, and only are allowed to continue being on the market because of their necessity.)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #95002 on: July 09, 2015, 12:50:51 am »

They're nearly harmless by the usual standards of painkiller abuse though
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95003 on: July 09, 2015, 01:18:03 am »

They're nearly harmless by the usual standards of painkiller abuse though
"I might have high blood pressure and diabetes, but at least the flesh isn't literally rotting off my bones!"
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #95004 on: July 09, 2015, 01:23:47 am »

He said painkillers, not Krokodil.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95005 on: July 09, 2015, 01:59:01 am »

Well, it kind of has the desired effect. You probably won't be worried about your sore back when you're dead.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #95006 on: July 09, 2015, 02:04:49 am »

Well true.

But if your back is really hurting you THAT much a box of bullets isn't much more expensive than the stuff to make Krokodil.

You don't even really need a gun for it, just dump them into a skillet and turn the burner on. Then push your face against the sauteing ammunition. Soon enough, BOOM. Instant face omlette.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #95007 on: July 09, 2015, 02:06:54 am »

I mean, you never hear about some rock star being found dead in a room aspirin bottles strewn across the floor
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #95008 on: July 09, 2015, 02:16:36 am »

Well true.

But if your back is really hurting you THAT much a box of bullets isn't much more expensive than the stuff to make Krokodil.

You don't even really need a gun for it, just dump them into a skillet and turn the burner on. Then push your face against the sauteing ammunition. Soon enough, BOOM. Instant face omlette.

Or you could just go jump off a tall building or jump in front of a train and not need to buy anything.

This would have to be some craaaaaaaazy bad back pain to think of curing it like this though. Talk about overkill.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95009 on: July 09, 2015, 02:28:28 am »

a box of bullets isn't much more expensive than the stuff to make Krokodil
Don't you live in Texas? I'd hardly say the cost of a box of bullets there is indicative of everywhere.
Pages: 1 ... 6332 6333 [6334] 6335 6336 ... 8156