Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6335 6336 [6337] 6338 6339 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8554805 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #95040 on: July 09, 2015, 01:51:23 pm »

this isn't some kind of nazi haplogroup wonderland you can be cute even if your skull is a potato
Wait, it isn't?

Shit, took a wrong turn again.
It looks like nothing has changed in my absence.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #95041 on: July 09, 2015, 01:56:21 pm »

Spent whole day not doing much on puter because wanted Star Trek Online to patch. Was at 75% and then lost connection and went back to 0%...
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95042 on: July 09, 2015, 03:11:27 pm »

* enters sad thread out of curiosity and to check on fellow Bay12'ers *

* reads Caroline's post, OK that's kinda pretty sad as far as regular sad goes *

* reads Spehss_'s post, sees "shitlord" *

* decides it might be better to just leave before I get embroiled in a shitstorm that I don't want *

* posts anyway despite better judgement *

Caroline, try to take a deep breath and focus yourself. Try an internal mantra, they can be quite helpful... Also, imo, it's not necessary to "come out" where you are now. Tell any close/trustworthy friends at university and leave it at that. That seems like your best option at the moment. Try not to resent your parents too much if you can bring yourself to be able to, which you may not, but I say that for your benefit. "Coming out" doesn't have to be some big dramatic announcement, it can just be a personal affair among a small group of friends who probably already know. ( If I were gay or anything else I'd keep it to myself, and I don't mean that in a repressive way, just that it's noone's fucking business except the people I trust. ) As far as I know, that's your personal business and from what it seems like you might not even want to keep a relationship with your parents anyway, so just let them think what they want and be content with yourself. If you can't do that, you'll have to rely on someone else's support and advice, because that's all the constructive stuff I've got. Hope it helped, and if not, well the sad thread's always here for you to vent and receive various sympathies, support, and advice's. Have a better day Caroline.

* tries to exit the sad thread again without reading anything else *

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95043 on: July 09, 2015, 03:16:13 pm »

how come none of the americans here kidnapped you when you were in the states
Because America sucks and Caroline doesn't want to go there ever again.

What? No, I'm not projecting. Don't be ridiculous.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #95044 on: July 09, 2015, 03:27:06 pm »

Despite all the problems the united states has, it's objectively a better place to live than Honduras. Especially for someone not gender normative.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95045 on: July 09, 2015, 03:38:22 pm »

But but but but but how else am I going to feel superior
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95046 on: July 09, 2015, 04:07:31 pm »

stop basing your selfworth on your country of origin or other nebulous concepts

base it on, for example, your inherent worth as a human being of which you have none because you're a fucking citrus sit down

or find your own sources what am i wikipedia's final destiny

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #95047 on: July 09, 2015, 04:13:25 pm »

Wait did I say something wrong I mean her parents have been reported to be kinda jerks and uh jeez I hope I didn't say something too out of line. My bad.

base it on, for example, your inherent worth as a human being of which you have none because you're a fucking citrus sit down

And here we see words of wisdom from LSP. 10/10
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95048 on: July 09, 2015, 04:27:39 pm »

base it on, for example, your inherent worth as a human being
Humans aren't even worth that much. And myself less that most. Any organs that could be harvested from my body could be beaten by organs from younger, healthier, and poorer people.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95049 on: July 09, 2015, 04:55:02 pm »

Wait did I say something wrong I mean her parents have been reported to be kinda jerks and uh jeez I hope I didn't say something too out of line. My bad.
Not particularly, it's just a kneejerk reaction to that word... :/ It usually spells trouble when it's pulled out. ( Even if it's accurate... )

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #95050 on: July 09, 2015, 06:13:22 pm »

You know what made me cry today? :'(

The episode "Basic Straining" from Total Drama.

I watched the episode of Total Drama Island when Courtney gets eliminated
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I wanted her to last longer, if only if that didn't happen! It was so unexpected...

I'm kind of watching Total Drama right now and there were no such sad moments until now.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I hope that there are no more eliminations of good characters... I'll find out.
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #95051 on: July 09, 2015, 09:11:16 pm »

I've spent all day worn out, tired, and I ended up burning out all my chances to talk to people already. Not to mention being really upset over people just rubbing in my face how apparently silly feeling like this actually is.

I don't know, I don't like this. Every day is just waiting for things to get better or things to at least stop being so bad. The minute I'm left by myself things just get awful.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #95052 on: July 09, 2015, 09:23:23 pm »

I've spent all day worn out, tired, and I ended up burning out all my chances to talk to people already. Not to mention being really upset over people just rubbing in my face how apparently silly feeling like this actually is.

I don't know, I don't like this. Every day is just waiting for things to get better or things to at least stop being so bad. The minute I'm left by myself things just get awful.
I'm kinda in the same position. Just passing days by. I hate it because it feels like I'm not getting anything done. Based on my own emotions and my own situation and shit, I think you're getting restless. Get another job? Start a new hobby? Go outside? Doing the same routine every day for a while can get to be draining. Try something new, maybe?

If you want to talk to someone, I don't mind chatting on Steam or something. It's not meat space talking, but it's better than stewing in your own thoughts.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #95053 on: July 09, 2015, 09:30:17 pm »

It's not really getting restless. Just I... I don't know. I'm still adjusting to someone being missing in a sense, and it's ultimately not the person themselves so much as the sorta role they filled.

I've always had at least a couple of friends to do things with, not at all hours but at some. And some that like to just talk. But right now I have a distinct lack of someone that I feel has a deeper vested interest in me as a person to well... Not just do stuff with. Share stuff with.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, I have friends. But I don't really have a best friend, like someone that I feel I can count on 100%. And that's wearing down on me since I'm not exactly... Well. I don't know how to put it right.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #95054 on: July 09, 2015, 09:34:59 pm »

But... Owlga?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 6335 6336 [6337] 6338 6339 ... 8155