Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6376 6377 [6378] 6379 6380 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8570386 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #95655 on: July 28, 2015, 07:21:07 pm »

A shoddy attempt at a compromise also leaves everyone mad.

No compromise whatsoever still somehow leaves everyone mad.

Such is life in modern western politics.

[edit]

oh fuck, Mephansteras, I hope she survives! Give her hugs, as soon as hugs won't make it worse.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 07:23:19 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #95656 on: July 28, 2015, 07:26:37 pm »

A shoddy attempt at a compromise also leaves everyone mad.

No compromise whatsoever still somehow leaves everyone mad.

Such is life in modern western politics.

You're right, that wasn't a good quote to insert.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #95657 on: July 28, 2015, 07:46:37 pm »

The more I read about laws, the more I feel like I want to get into politics to try and stop the more retarded things from happening.

This is making me despair. I hate politics, but it's fucked up enough to make me want to get a career in it to try and unfuck it.

A good compromise leaves everyone mad.
Not sure things like ACTA are a good compromise so much as 'fuck yours, got mine'

The generalization of politics as 100% nutcase bureaucrats aiming for personal gain through shady tactics and public approval is a disgusting remark. It's only 90%.

ACTA sounds like a line of pure idiocy to us, but for the average content producer it seems solid for protecting intellectual property. It's handled oddly, but it's easy to see the target demographic (can you even call it a demographic? I'm neither a politician nor a statistician).

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95658 on: July 28, 2015, 08:21:11 pm »

I hope your sister get better, Meph :c

My sad: I kind of hate who I had been and still partly is. Sure, sure, I'm a teenager and not fully sentient yet bla bla, but even then until I become 21 or more people will continue to treat me as a child. An obnoxious child.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95659 on: July 28, 2015, 08:25:47 pm »

Just a reminder that won't probably change even after you're 21 :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #95660 on: July 28, 2015, 08:30:47 pm »

Thanks, everyone. I really appreciate the good thoughts!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95661 on: July 28, 2015, 08:41:24 pm »

Just a reminder that won't probably change even after you're 21 :v

Truefax.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95662 on: July 28, 2015, 08:49:32 pm »

I just wish people give me a chance to show them I'm actually not that much of an asshole, but it seems like it's too late now and everybody hates me.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #95663 on: July 28, 2015, 08:54:22 pm »

I just wish people give me a chance to show them I'm actually not that much of an asshole, but it seems like it's too late now and everybody hates me.

The motto of my life. Thanks for summarizing it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95664 on: July 28, 2015, 09:05:47 pm »

Yeah but that was because people though it would make computers turn into flaming cyborg demons because they can't count.

I mean, seriously, how ignorant does one have to be to have believed that Y2K theories had any basis in fact? The nearest leap in logic should be "Computers that didn't account for years past 1999 might have minor display problems", not "the computer systems ruling the entire world will collapse and leave civilization in ruins".

Actually, as I think about it, the entire thing is dumb. It would be more work to make any sort of glitch happen relating to the year 2000, or any year.

Code: [Select]
if(date == January 1st && time == 12:01AM):
    year++;

I don't know much about programming operating systems, but I can't imagine the calendar year being any more difficult than that.
Well, if you're only keeping track of two digits (memory was sparse back then)...You'd get January 19100 instead of January 2000.  Also, YES, SYSTEMS WERE THROWING CRAZY ERRORS.  A relative was working as a programmer back even years BEFORE we were all in a tizzy, and kept running into, IIRC, problems where the date a project management system was giving was "before" the start date.  Because rollover in the two digits.
If you're gonna talk about Y2K, actually consider the situation.

See, this is why one does one's research before randomly asserting
Also, have you read about the Unix epoch glitch coming up?  Same type of problem-rollover.  And then we get subtraction from the beginning of the epoch, and anything that's queued for AFTER that rollover AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN.  Tada.  Thus the panic over Y2K.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95665 on: July 28, 2015, 10:01:59 pm »

Most people end up having those kind of thoughts during your age range. You'll work out your feelings just fine, in due time, just make sure you don't isolate yourself and keep talking to people :v

Also, really sorry about your sister Meph, but I'm glad she'll make it.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #95666 on: July 28, 2015, 10:20:47 pm »

Just had a nightmare about having a huge fight with my wife and her family. :(

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #95667 on: July 29, 2015, 12:19:52 am »

I'm a teenager and not fully sentient
By what measure could you possibly not be sentient/sapient? There's no need to doubt yourself to that degree, you most certainly are sentient.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95668 on: July 29, 2015, 01:51:46 am »

The motto of my life. Thanks for summarizing it.

The recency effect is shit.

Oh you regularly do a great many friendly things. Then you trip up and you're the biggest dick ever.

I personally don't try anymore. But it's a good thing to try proving to other people that you're better than what they think. Everyone is.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95669 on: July 29, 2015, 02:48:52 am »

I constantly act like a selfish brute, and tell everyone that I'm an asshole.
Then when I do something nice, it's unexpected and everyone likes it.

I survive off that little bit of praise, and thus, the recency effect is flipped on its head.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 6376 6377 [6378] 6379 6380 ... 8156