Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6602 6603 [6604] 6605 6606 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8553635 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #99045 on: November 20, 2015, 12:10:24 am »

"Hey, hey, Space Cat! Listen!"

"Yes, brain?"

"This is just your daily reminder that you're a worthless piece of shit. You're not perfect, you will never be the best at anything, and you should give up and kill yourself you stupid loser."

"Gee thanks, brain."

Whooooooooo emotions n' stuff.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #99046 on: November 20, 2015, 03:06:05 am »

Snip.

Well, good luck.

Hey, nobody's perfect, nobody will ever be the best at anything ever (always a bigger fish, even if it takes a while), and you certainly shouldn't just give up. And you're not worthless, because I at least think you have worth.

While we're talking about mental health, psych still has no idea what's wrong with me (<- yeah, yeah, not broken, all that) except that it half-matches anxiety, clinical depression, ASD, schizoid, and a couple of other things. At the moment I think the general thing is 'I hope the antidepressants work, because you're the most self-aware client I've ever had and neither of us knows what's up.' Welp, oh well. Will get there eventually, I suppose.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #99047 on: November 20, 2015, 03:32:14 am »

psych still has no idea
That sounds remarkably familiar to my diagnosis. My psychiatrists (I had three assigned, DHB is underfunded my arse) also said I have all the early onset symptoms of schizophrenia but don't know what to make of it because I'm quite the opposite of delusional.
Although they also said they had no idea what to do about it, so maybe the DHB is underfunded because they can only afford shit psychiatrists.

That was a weird tangent. Hope everything goes okay your end.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #99048 on: November 20, 2015, 04:20:53 am »

I think the self-awareness part fucks with the diagnosis, so you keep trying to fix it but can't seem to so it kinda goes all over the place without any clear indication as to what the hell is going on. This of course might all be nonsense.

Personal sads, had less than three hours of sleep, yay flash game binging until three and then being unable to fall asleep until five :I
Also went to the store to buy breakfast so I don't retch on the long ride home, wanted to buy some kefir, and out of the full cardboard box I pick the one that's punctured and don't even noticed it until I'm out of the store and placing the cup in my pocket :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #99049 on: November 20, 2015, 05:32:36 am »

Yeah, my psych had no idea either what is wrong with me, really, though it's been a couple years since the tests. She narrowed it down to "traits common with Asperger's, but can't diagnose", and I think that's mostly because I flubbed a test where I was supposed to read emotions from facial photos; I read the actors' emotions, not the emotions they were trying to portray.

And today, I have no idea of myself either. Is 'ridiculously inconsistent psyche' a valid diagnosis?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99050 on: November 20, 2015, 07:32:58 am »

-snip-
Chin up, dude. No idea what the issue is but at least you're receiving help. Good luck. :)

My own sad: being unable to completely remove someone from my life (in this strange modern world that would basically mean unfriending them on Facebook) without having to do some uncomfortable explaining to one of my friends/housemates (who is a mutual friend), possibly losing them as a friend in the process and causing unpleasant tension in my home.

This whole social media thing is a pain in the arse. It seems rather petty to 'unfriend' someone you dislike, but the alternative is having their name there listed as your "friend" when in fact you hate their guts. Augh. In fact at least half of my friends list probably consists of such people- people I dislike but have to interact with somewhat regularly IRL, so in the interests of avoiding confrontation (seriously, some people take this stuff way too seriously) I'm stuck with 'em. :-\

While they'll still be listed as a friend, you could always unfollow them by clicking the down arrow in the top right of one of their posts. It doesn't notify them of anything, and they stop popping up in your facebook feed. I did this a while ago to all the negative people and people I didn't care about, and I'm finding facebook much more enjoyable these days.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99051 on: November 20, 2015, 07:57:47 am »

Nevermind, realized that was stupid.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99052 on: November 20, 2015, 10:00:14 am »

My computer is more fucked than I thought. Got a new PSU only for the MoBo to crash six hours later. So a $150 problem was actually a $350 problem.

So yeah, day one with no computer.

It's not that I have any particular need to play vidya games, but I've found that too long without... tends to un-fry some brain cells which, in a social sense, are better off fried.
Plus, I'll be honest, probably keeps my libido under wraps too.

A camping trip, three days, is usually enough to have eager roomates cajoling me back onto the computer, like the colleagues of a moderately irritable ex-smoker.
Needless to say I'm worried.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99053 on: November 20, 2015, 11:07:48 am »

I think that's mostly because I flubbed a test where I was supposed to read emotions from facial photos; I read the actors' emotions, not the emotions they were trying to portray.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99054 on: November 20, 2015, 11:41:04 am »

And today, I have no idea of myself either. Is 'ridiculously inconsistent psyche' a valid diagnosis?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it turns out you're human.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #99055 on: November 20, 2015, 12:12:37 pm »

Shit. IcyTea, you've been made. Get out of here ASAP!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99056 on: November 20, 2015, 01:53:02 pm »

Unfortunately, it's also terminal.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99057 on: November 20, 2015, 02:06:51 pm »

Unfortunately, it's also terminal.
It's a tragedy that the most common of afflictions our people suffer is also the one we have no way or inclination to treat.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #99058 on: November 20, 2015, 02:13:37 pm »

What do you mean no inclination?

Wars have been a thing since mankind was a thing. That's the most massive application of cure to be regularly used, and we've gotten really good at applying it to large numbers of people with as little effort as possible.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99059 on: November 20, 2015, 03:03:06 pm »

What do you mean no inclination?

Wars have been a thing since mankind was a thing. That's the most massive application of cure to be regularly used, and we've gotten really good at applying it to large numbers of people with as little effort as possible.
That's like trying to cure TB by giving a person enough TB that they die! Sure the TB dies with them, but you never cured it!
Precisely. You didn't cure the TB, it committed suicide.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 6602 6603 [6604] 6605 6606 ... 8155