Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8470159 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #7365 on: June 24, 2010, 05:51:13 am »

I don't like being alone with my thoughts.  But it's inevitable in the course of a day.  So, like more days that I like to think about, I wound up alone with my thoughts while at work.  With one brief happy thought about something completely mundane reminded me of many other things, and thus ensued a three-hour unmoderated hatefest on myself by myself.  I've talked myself out of bringing it up here (kinda failed at that anyway I guess), but I'm starting to think I might need real help.
I used to do that all the time. Then I started taking medication for it, regular counseling helps too.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7366 on: June 24, 2010, 06:24:29 am »

Holy shit, Kevin Rudd just got booted out and replaced by Julia Gillard. I don't know enough about it to make a thread about it, so quick, Australian members who keep abreast of current events, jump to it!

Poor guy looked like he was going to cry. That always makes me sad.

Grown men crying is balls.

Yeah, that made me sad too. I bet this'll hurt Labour come the election. I can feel it. And 'Rudd Government' was so much easier to say.

Hey, first female Prime Minister though. Now we have a Queen, a female Governor-General, and a female Prime Minister. Feminists rejoice.

Wonder if he'll quit politics now? Turnbull didn't when he got booted out as Opposition Leader, but who knows?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7367 on: June 24, 2010, 07:43:26 am »

Hopefully it will be easier to make fun of Juliard's name. Rudd is just too easy. Meh, this is kind of huge, but I just don't care, the whole of politics is just so depressing that nothing really seems to change...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7368 on: June 24, 2010, 08:00:03 am »

I don't think he's going to quit. He strikes me as a very committed man.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #7369 on: June 24, 2010, 10:54:36 am »

Slovakia why are you trying to stall so much? Italy your performance makes me sad.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7370 on: June 24, 2010, 01:16:05 pm »

Damn you Steam!!! You f***ing cowards.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Is the simple route, or alternatives, just not an option anymore? Like I stated before, I talked this through with my bank, and their method (considering chargebacks caused by it) will cause some financial problems on my end. Plus, I've noticed that Steam has sent me a carbon-copy response. I got this exact same message last time I called them out.

EDIT:
In case I misread it, re-reading it, if they are asking me to have the bank just send the money back directly, then okay, it's not as bad as I thought. However, if it means undoing the affidavit I did when it first occurred, I'm in deep, and I don't know if I would get hit with interest and be slammed with a serious debt.

You know, original overdraft + calculated additional financial loss overtime for the past 6 months. ...Yeah.

When you read that message, what do you think they're asking me to do? Maybe I have been misreading it the entire time.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 01:22:42 pm by Itnetlolor »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7371 on: June 24, 2010, 02:17:59 pm »

Aliens in the Attic, this movie is terrible.  It's making may brian shirnk i cnt tpy no mor

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #7372 on: June 24, 2010, 02:31:24 pm »

My mom's cousins are having a baby.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7373 on: June 24, 2010, 02:58:54 pm »

I don't like being alone with my thoughts.  But it's inevitable in the course of a day.  So, like more days that I like to think about, I wound up alone with my thoughts while at work.  With one brief happy thought about something completely mundane reminded me of many other things, and thus ensued a three-hour unmoderated hatefest on myself by myself.  I've talked myself out of bringing it up here (kinda failed at that anyway I guess), but I'm starting to think I might need real help.

I sort of have the stages of grief going on during my 12 hour shifts. Coke and energy drinks seem to help it more than anti-anxiety, and anti-depressants seemed to only make me more tired. If you find a good way to fight it, tell us (or me).

On a completely awesome note, my Vicadin has a refill! I do believe my work weekends are going to be mellow and back-pain free.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7374 on: June 24, 2010, 03:06:14 pm »

I'll never gain a skill in my life and I can blame it on nothing.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7375 on: June 24, 2010, 03:13:32 pm »

I'll never gain a skill in my life and I can blame it on nothing.

Don't lose hope! I'm already Dabbling in life, you can do it too~! :P
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7376 on: June 24, 2010, 03:16:24 pm »

No seriously.
My skill is playing video games.
Which I can't even do. I can't bring myself to play them.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7377 on: June 24, 2010, 03:43:40 pm »

Oh whatcha talking about you'll be fine you just gotta be cool.  I never thought of myself as a people person or anything, hold on I'm getting a yesterday thought back.

Alright, so yesterday I went to a major league baseball game, and I can say this now because no one is around, but I thought it was boring and not very entertaining at all.  In fact the most enjoyable thing there was the $6 small cup of Sprite!  We left at 3pm and didn't get there until 7pm, I sat in a train for 3 hours (which broke down once) and then rode the rest on a subway.  But that didn't bother me, I didn't complain at all.  Then we get there and you know, it wasn't even that fun.  I'm not interested in sports at all, but my Dad got tickets from his brother and he can't just go by himself, that would be a jerk move (getting to the point here).  Then you know the game ends and we have to take the 4 hour trip back, I can bet I said about 10 sentences the whole time from leaving to coming back home (I got home at like 3am, you can look at my post history or something because I'm a super geek that doesn't leave his house unless on professional business).

You want to know something?  Your mind is a bendable mold.  I didn't enjoy it, but who the hell cares because it was just great being there.  I was at Times Squares dude, I saw stuff I've never seen before.  I went on a train and subway for the first time.  On these public transportation I saw that New Yorkers are really nice people, I couldn't count the number of times I've seen someone get up or move for someone else.  My Aunt that came was having a hard time breathing so some lady noticed and gave her her water, my Aunt tried to pay for it but no she didn't want that.  They even gave her a foam finger from the game, because we didn't have time to buy anything (lucky us).  People are nice, anybody that is not deserves pity and new directions.

Same goes for a more get to know people public place called school.  Yeah I ain't that old, but who cares because you're awesome and I'm awesome.  There's no point in fighting, no point.  I have friends in school that talk to me, unimaginable two years early.  You want to know what changed this??  I STOPPED BEING MOPEY AND CYNICAL.  Oh my fucking god you won't believe what this does, my stress level has dropped to the fuckin floor.  I'm one chill dude guy and this doesn't effect your grades at all.  I actually think they improve my grades because that's what's happening to me dog.  I've been in high honors for three years now (my whole highschool life) and guess what?  Every year gets better, way way better.  Freshmen year?  Don't even know that dudes name, doesn't talk to anyone, seems like he hates me for being a human.  Sophomore year?  I know his first name, only talks to two or three people, nothing much really.  Junior year?  I pretty cool dude that has a odd sense of humor that doesn't make me feel scummy, just one funny guy.

You and me?  Fucking awesome.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7378 on: June 24, 2010, 03:44:49 pm »

My internet went down.
But it's good now, obviously, because I am the master of coax.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #7379 on: June 24, 2010, 03:52:21 pm »

No seriously.
My skill is playing video games.
Which I can't even do. I can't bring myself to play them.
Again, I used to think like that before medication and therapy.
Prozac is some powerful stuff, man.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 8153