Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8474041 times)

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #7380 on: June 24, 2010, 03:56:43 pm »

So basically what I got out of that is something I already knew.
Don't be a douchebag. Life is good. Stop being moody, blah blah blah. etc.

Problem is. I've tried. But it's really hard to be nice to people who have hated you since you purposely fucked up your entire life back in 2nd grade. People don't tend to just get to know you better after hating you for the past 6 years.

Sure you meet a couple new people and make a few new friends, but you still have the same old enemies and they will always be your enemies and the new friends you just made have friends who are your enemies and as such your friends aren't really that friendly due to the fact that they enjoy the company of their long time friend (your enemy) rather than the new guy who they just met because of a project they we're forced to work on.

Big woopdee do. I'm still stuck in my house, doing absolutely nothing except waiting for Ironhand to release a new graphics pack so I can spend 3 minutes actually doing something then get bored and go back to doing virtually nothing yet hoping the entire time that the friends that I have texted 10 times now will answer back, yet when I get a message its simply my mom telling me to take out the garbage.

Then I start to get a headache becuase of looking at the screen so long so I try not to, but I mean come on, There's nothing else to fucking do.

Sure I could swim in my fucking pool. But its too hot. Although that's not the real reason. It's because there's no one to swim with.

Sure I could play DF. But lookie there, No one to play with.

Sure I could play the NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Wii, PS3, Xbox, Atari, PS1, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, DS, But LOOKIE THERE, NO ONE TO FUCKING PLAY WITH.

So I will continue to sit here and fucking be bored until I can find something to occupy my time for 5 more minutes until I give up on that and then go get pissed at my brother for moving out and taking half of the video games with him, all the while my friends are doing something productive or just simply ignoring me due to the fact that I purposely fucked up my entire life because I hated everyone I knew.

Edit:
No seriously.
My skill is playing video games.
Which I can't even do. I can't bring myself to play them.
Again, I used to think like that before medication and therapy.
Prozac is some powerful stuff, man.
I don't like drugs. I don't care to take drugs, I'm perfectly fine not taking any drugs.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7381 on: June 24, 2010, 04:00:41 pm »

Hi!

Taco Dan: But as you point out, without proper therapy, Prozac is meaningless.

My sad thing today: Actually, it would sound like a good thing: Browsing through the free-for-all-ages section of my favorite download shop, I noticed a dungeoneering RPG which is not infested with that $#^%$#^%$# Buddy DRM system: Generation Xth - Code Hazard -. The screenshots look promising, and I also downloaded the demo of the extended version from the maker's homepage (as is often the case, the download is the original version which is no longer sold physically while an upgraded version is sold physically). However, from hereon out, it can only turn ugly:

1. The game is country protected. Occasionally, some ^&%#$&% will have their game ask what system they are running on and discriminate against all non-native Japanese systems. => Disappointment
2. The game could be less entertaining than I hope => Disappointment
3. The game is real fun - which confronts me with the problem: "Where should I get the time to actually play it?" => Frustration

So, I guess I am really doomed with this one (T_T)

Deathworks

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7382 on: June 24, 2010, 04:02:20 pm »

@Hippoman: I've read your words.

Now I'm sad myself :<

@Deathworks: What's Buddy DRM system thingy?
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7383 on: June 24, 2010, 04:03:35 pm »

Why should you be sad? Unless this is how you live, then you should be perfectly content.
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #7384 on: June 24, 2010, 04:05:05 pm »

*snip*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarf_Fortress
http://www.cracked.com/
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage
Start wiki-walking. That should keep you entertained for at least a few days. Alternatively, teach yourself something. Any subject which you find mysterious you should look into and learn as much as you can about. If nothing else, it gives you a good knowledge base for when you actually need it. Learning new things causes your brain to release happy chemicals.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7385 on: June 24, 2010, 04:07:19 pm »

Already watching a bunch of shitty Zero Punctuation.

I hate reading. I cannot learn from it either.
I hate tvtropes.
I love cracked. But hate reading.
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7386 on: June 24, 2010, 04:10:30 pm »

@Hippoman: Damn, you're a tough cookie.

But don't worry, DF community cracked tougher than you :3
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7387 on: June 24, 2010, 04:11:26 pm »

Hi!

The short answer would be: An abomination.

The long answer:

Buddy is a digital rights management scheme used in Japan by a few download shops. My favorite download shop also has a lot of clients in their free for all ages section while otherwise steering clear of it.

Buddy is used on single-player games (you know, the kind of games that do not necessarily allow online gaming and work fine on your single computer, like for instance Dwarf Fortress). It has the following characteristics according to their information site (given that information, I have no reason to ever try buying anything with it).

When you want to play the game, you need to be connected to their server. While this may sound acceptable, albeit a bit strong (most other systems only require being online upon installation/first start), it is even worse: Buddy constantly checks whether you are connected to the server, and if that connection ceases to exist, it will shut down the game! That's right, throughout your whole session playing Dwarf Fortress (just an example for a single player game), you need to keep the internet open and accessible for Buddy, and should they shut down the server for maintenance, you can't play (should you currently be playing, you will be kicked out of your session roughly).

[sarcasm]Fortunately, non-Japanese do not have any problems with that system.[/sarcasm] The thing is, Buddy will only work with native Japanese Windows, so unless you buy a computer in Japan, you can't run any software infested with this.

You don't want to know all the words I swallowed while writing this for fear of getting banned for foul language.

Deathworks

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7388 on: June 24, 2010, 04:14:52 pm »

@Hippoman: Damn, you're a tough cookie.

But don't worry, DF community cracked tougher than you :3

Probably. You could easily solve most of this for 10 minutes if you could prove to me I have something like ADD or ADHD.
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #7389 on: June 24, 2010, 04:19:46 pm »

Ah, if you are watching Zero Punctuation, don't forget to watch all the 'Unskippable' episodes on the escapist. And if you can't stand reading, it wouldn't suprise me if you did have ADHD or something similar.

Also, Buddy sounds like the Ubisoft DRM, almost to the letter.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 04:23:08 pm by alway »

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #7390 on: June 24, 2010, 04:21:10 pm »

Make friend online or friend in a place you've never been, for instance go to a warhammer club, start larping, install linux and go to the lug... all these place are full of friendly, nerdy poeple.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7391 on: June 24, 2010, 04:22:07 pm »

Hi!

The long answer:

Buddy is a digital rights management scheme used in Japan by a few download shops. My favorite download shop also has a lot of clients in their free for all ages section while otherwise steering clear of it.

Buddy is used on single-player games (you know, the kind of games that do not necessarily allow online gaming and work fine on your single computer, like for instance Dwarf Fortress). It has the following characteristics according to their information site (given that information, I have no reason to ever try buying anything with it).

When you want to play the game, you need to be connected to their server. While this may sound acceptable, albeit a bit strong (most other systems only require being online upon installation/first start), it is even worse: Buddy constantly checks whether you are connected to the server, and if that connection ceases to exist, it will shut down the game! That's right, throughout your whole session playing Dwarf Fortress (just an example for a single player game), you need to keep the internet open and accessible for Buddy, and should they shut down the server for maintenance, you can't play (should you currently be playing, you will be kicked out of your session roughly).

[sarcasm]Fortunately, non-Japanese do not have any problems with that system.[/sarcasm] The thing is, Buddy will only work with native Japanese Windows, so unless you buy a computer in Japan, you can't run any software infested with this.

You don't want to know all the words I swallowed while writing this for fear of getting banned for foul language.

Deathworks

Wasn't this being done in Europe and USA with Assasin's Creed 2?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7392 on: June 24, 2010, 04:25:37 pm »

Ah, if you are watching Zero Punctuation, don't forget to watch all the 'Unskippable' episodes on the escapist. And if you can't stand reading, it wouldn't suprise me if you did have ADHD or something similar.

Wouldn't surprise me either, yet apparently I don't.

I don't feel like looking around. I just stumbled on one and felt like watching more. I'm almost out, and then I'll probably get off, walk around upstairs go outside for 10 seconds, walk back in, walk around, look at the tv, complain about something, walk around, walk upstairs into my room, look around, walk downstairs, walk around, walk outside for another 10 seconds, walk around, go downstairs to basement, get back on here and continue to post about every boring second of my life.

Make friend online or friend in a place you've never been, for instance go to a warhammer club, start larping, install linux and go to the lug... all these place are full of friendly, nerdy poeple.

Thing is, I don't like the internet. I don't like the people on the internet. I don't like warhammer, I don't like Linux, I don't know what larping is. I already have online friends and I hate half of them.
THPÆCROSSISM
KHDownloads

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7393 on: June 24, 2010, 04:27:36 pm »

Hi!

The long answer:

Deathworks

Wasn't this being done in Europe and USA with Assasin's Creed 2?

Yep. And it went over pretty hard at first.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7394 on: June 24, 2010, 04:29:08 pm »

My download went from half an hour to 3 hours.
Stupid torrents.
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 8153