Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8470771 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #7395 on: June 24, 2010, 04:31:49 pm »

Complaining

Edit:
No seriously.
My skill is playing video games.
Which I can't even do. I can't bring myself to play them.
Again, I used to think like that before medication and therapy.
Prozac is some powerful stuff, man.
I don't like drugs. I don't care to take drugs, I'm perfectly fine not taking any drugs.
You don't have to take drugs, but therapy is very useful. Even if it's just being alone in a room with a guy and spilling your guts to him, it can still make you feel a lot better.
As for boredom, if you want to play games with other people, there's this.
If you're fine playing them alone, there are free games like N, Knytt, Within a Deep Forest, La-Mulana, Minecraft, Hero Core, Spelunky, etc. They're all very good games, and I play them constantly.
You also can't go wrong with emulators. CoolROM, ROMhustler and theoldcomputer are great emulator/rom sites that have provided me with hours of entertainment.
I know, boredom really ticks me off too, and hey, I've got ONE friend, that's it.
I've learned that if you don't sit around complaining about being bored and actually figure out ways to relieve that boredom, you'll be much, much happier.
And if the screen's giving you headaches, pop a pain reliever and take a walk, climb a tree, do a jigsaw puzzle, take a shower, hell, take a nap, whatever passes the time.

Wait...
Thing is, I don't like the internet. I don't like the people on the internet. I don't like warhammer, I don't like Linux, I don't know what larping is. I already have online friends and I hate half of them.
OK, you know what, if this is the case, I can't help you, it seems that you are a hateful person.
I mean this in the nicest way possible: get professional help.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7396 on: June 24, 2010, 04:32:30 pm »

Hi!

I don't know about American or European implementations of such a system, but I know that Buddy has been around for several years. Because when I initially bought Tir nan og and Tir nan og III, I liked the concept a lot and looked at the maker's site. They actually sold Tir nan og IV and I think even Tir nan og V via download, but only at a shop that used Buddy! This infuriated me, especially since the later versions allowed you to play a female hero instead of the standard male one, resulting in you being the female hero summoned by the pleas of the prince of the troubled kingdom, often to save the prince from the claws of evil :) :)

Deathworks

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7397 on: June 24, 2010, 04:32:44 pm »

I love reading internet mombo jumbo.  Which questions your presence on a forum, but hey who am I saying.

So basically what I got out of that is something I already knew.
Don't be a douchebag. Life is good. Stop being moody, blah blah blah. etc.

Problem is. I've tried. But it's really hard to be nice to people who have hated you since you purposely fucked up your entire life back in 2nd grade. People don't tend to just get to know you better after hating you for the past 6 years.

Sure you meet a couple new people and make a few new friends, but you still have the same old enemies and they will always be your enemies and the new friends you just made have friends who are your enemies and as such your friends aren't really that friendly due to the fact that they enjoy the company of their long time friend (your enemy) rather than the new guy who they just met because of a project they we're forced to work on.

Big woopdee do. I'm still stuck in my house, doing absolutely nothing except waiting for Ironhand to release a new graphics pack so I can spend 3 minutes actually doing something then get bored and go back to doing virtually nothing yet hoping the entire time that the friends that I have texted 10 times now will answer back, yet when I get a message its simply my mom telling me to take out the garbage.

Then I start to get a headache becuase of looking at the screen so long so I try not to, but I mean come on, There's nothing else to fucking do.

Sure I could swim in my fucking pool. But its too hot. Although that's not the real reason. It's because there's no one to swim with.

Sure I could play DF. But lookie there, No one to play with.

Sure I could play the NES, SNES, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Wii, PS3, Xbox, Atari, PS1, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, DS, But LOOKIE THERE, NO ONE TO FUCKING PLAY WITH.

So I will continue to sit here and fucking be bored until I can find something to occupy my time for 5 more minutes until I give up on that and then go get pissed at my brother for moving out and taking half of the video games with him, all the while my friends are doing something productive or just simply ignoring me due to the fact that I purposely fucked up my entire life because I hated everyone I knew.

Edit:
No seriously.
My skill is playing video games.
Which I can't even do. I can't bring myself to play them.
Again, I used to think like that before medication and therapy.
Prozac is some powerful stuff, man.
I don't like drugs. I don't care to take drugs, I'm perfectly fine not taking any drugs.

You want to know something again?  I'm in a very very similar environment/situation as you, I am admitting right now that I have no real life friends to hang out with, I've never had some other school friend over my house ever before.  When I'm not out in public with work, school, or a social event that someone else always asks me out to I am at home just being chill.  I spend most of my days chatting on Steam, posting on Bay12, and reading interesting topics that I'm interested in.

If you want me to be more direct you need to stop boring yourself and have fun with your life style.  If you don't like your life style...CHANGE IT UNTIL YOU DO.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7398 on: June 24, 2010, 04:33:07 pm »

But it's really hard to be nice to people who have hated you since you purposely fucked up your entire life back in 2nd grade.

What'd you do in 2nd grade?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7399 on: June 24, 2010, 04:34:49 pm »

Yeah, I don't see that because during Freshmen year one of the foot players I got really upset with when I was all moody and crap and now he's one of my best lunch buds.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7400 on: June 24, 2010, 04:38:15 pm »

But it's really hard to be nice to people who have hated you since you purposely fucked up your entire life back in 2nd grade.

He accidentally killed a stripper when her head was skewered into a bathroom hook.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7401 on: June 24, 2010, 04:40:23 pm »

He accidentally killed a stripper when her head was skewered into a bathroom hook.

Then they killed a cop by stabbing him?

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #7402 on: June 24, 2010, 04:41:32 pm »

You want to know something again?  I'm in a very very similar environment/situation as you, I am admitting right now that I have no real life friends to hang out with, I've never had some other school friend over my house ever before.  When I'm not out in public with work, school, or a social event that someone else always asks me out to I am at home just being chill.  I spend most of my days chatting on Steam, posting on Bay12, and reading interesting topics that I'm interested in.

If you want me to be more direct you need to stop boring yourself and have fun with your life style.  If you don't like your life style...CHANGE IT UNTIL YOU DO.
I couldn't have (and didn't) put it better myself.
Like I said before, I have ONE friend. ONE. I have done things to keep myself occupied that no man should ever do just because he's bored.
On the subject of friends, and I know I may be a little harsh here, but, maybe try not being so negative of other people/things. There's a reason why you're on my ignore list.

Then they killed a cop by stabbing him?
???
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7403 on: June 24, 2010, 04:43:30 pm »

I can't believe I actually sat through that movie, gah.

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7404 on: June 24, 2010, 04:47:04 pm »

I love reading internet mombo jumbo.  Which questions your presence on a forum, but hey who am I saying.

I saw that coming. That right there:
"You want to know something again?  I'm in a very very similar environment/situation as you"
I knew you we're going to say that. I knew you we're going to use that card.

Because everyone does. It's not like its not true, its just everyone says that.
"Oh I was just like you then I started to stop being a douche and made friends"
"I used to have no friends, then I stopped being a douche and presto chango I'm now a guy with friends."

No offense, it's just it changes nothing. You don't know the people I know, you don't have my life, you can't just make friends. Not after what I've done.

Which brings me to this:

Well long story short, (simply because I hate typing and can't remember most of it.), I starting being a douche to purposely piss people off after realizing what douches everyone is.

Recently I've tried to stop that. Guess what I subconsciously started doing. Choking people.
Haha see it's fun, I don't call you an idiot, and instead I physically harm you for 3 seconds before realizing what i've done then stop myself! Haha so much fun.

6 years of pent up rage can do that.

I couldn't have (and didn't) put it better myself.
Like I said before, I have ONE friend. ONE. I have done things to keep myself occupied that no man should ever do just because he's bored.
On the subject of friends, and I know I may be a little harsh here, but, maybe try not being so negative of other people/things. There's a reason why you're on my ignore list.

Haha that's a funny thing right there. You see, I actually thought we we're acquaintances. One would dare say friends.

Why? Hell if I fucking know. Probably because you didn't instantly start hating me the second I posted anything.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7405 on: June 24, 2010, 04:49:46 pm »

Thing is, I don't like the internet. I don't like the people on the internet.

:[

I've been hanging out at various communities since 2000, and on IRC since maybe 2002, and hey, I don't give a crap about warhammer or linux or anything like that either. I have a pretty typical active social life, but I still have a ton of online friends that I talk to regularly (and in a few cases, I feel more connected with them than with IRL friends). Don't write off the whole internet. Aside from the aggressively insecure, most people are pretty friendly and if you've got common interests, hey, have a conversation with someone.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7406 on: June 24, 2010, 04:50:29 pm »

...sigh

Ever heard of sympathy or empathy?  I was connecting with you so you feel better.  I really am in that situation, I am not lying.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7407 on: June 24, 2010, 04:50:57 pm »

<
I did the meme wrong, I think.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7408 on: June 24, 2010, 04:51:54 pm »

<
I did the meme wrong, I think.
I think you turned yourself into a unique view of nature.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7409 on: June 24, 2010, 04:53:46 pm »

*horrors*
...You mean that evil system has actually managed to survive for more than a few games in Japan? That... That is too horrible for words... That means it might have a chance elsewhere. Assassin's Creed II had that, and because of it I broke my rule against never pirating anything newer than PS1 era games. If it doesn't die quickly... AUGH!!!!

Hippoman: I can't really feel sorry for you. Your complaint is that you have nothing to do. If you are bored, go out and do something. If you aren't willing to make the effort to have some fun then you can't complain about it. That's your fault, no one else's. To quote Full Metal Alchemist(I've been watching anime all day...) "You've got legs don't ya?! So get up and use them!" But whatever, if you want to go around bored just because you don't have anyone else to have fun with(neither do I, friends aren't a prerequisite for fun) it doesn't effect me, it's your choice.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 8153