Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 783 784 [785] 786 787 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8573200 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #11760 on: September 08, 2010, 09:24:19 pm »

On my cousin's seventeenth birthday, my Dad played football with them.  In the yard, while drunk as Hell and wearing cowboy boots, at 44 years old.  His right shin tried to twist at the knee and shattered.  It's still held together with a permanent screw, and he can only run when the weather is right.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11761 on: September 08, 2010, 09:25:22 pm »

On my cousin's seventeenth birthday, my Dad played football with them.  In the yard, while drunk as Hell and wearing cowboy boots, at 44 years old.  His right shin tried to twist at the knee and shattered.  It's still held together with a permanent screw, and he can only run when the weather is right.

Reading that first part made me cringe. The second part made me go >.O "ARGHLEBLARGH!"

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11762 on: September 08, 2010, 09:38:32 pm »

I'm suddenly having trouble seeing.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11763 on: September 08, 2010, 09:40:16 pm »

I always feel REALLY REALLY bad for people that hurt themselves in sports. I mean, they're playing the game to have fun, right? It doesn't feel right that people hurt themselves so often.

I mean, in highschool, there was one guy that was almost perpetually in a leg cast from playing football. Whenever it healed fully, he'd get back in the game and hurt it again. I always felt really sorry for him.
It sucks, but it's part of the game. If you love the sport enough, you keep going back, no matter how much it hurts. It's a lot like a really fun, but sort of abusive relationship.

One kid in my town actually died playing football. Just got tackled really hard. It was the 1800s back then, and the nearest hospital was an hour away on the highway today.
Wow. Can't top the injury, but my dad broke someone's arm playing dodgeball. Apparently the kid was the only one dumb enough to try and catch his throws...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11764 on: September 08, 2010, 09:40:36 pm »

That's not good. Use the special runic symbols and summon a doctor. If all else fails, you can use the telephone to summon an ambulance.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11765 on: September 08, 2010, 09:52:29 pm »

I'm suddenly having trouble seeing.

First your elbow, now your eyes?

Two possibilities:

One, you're disintegrating.  No way to reverse it, just make the most the few minutes you have left.

Two, you're blowing things out of proportion.  Suck it up you baby.

Three, I dunno.
Shoes...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11766 on: September 08, 2010, 09:54:16 pm »

Four: You've caused a time paradox causing yourself to never have been born. Stop messing with the time stream!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11767 on: September 08, 2010, 09:56:17 pm »

I always feel REALLY REALLY bad for people that hurt themselves in sports. I mean, they're playing the game to have fun, right? It doesn't feel right that people hurt themselves so often.

I mean, in highschool, there was one guy that was almost perpetually in a leg cast from playing football. Whenever it healed fully, he'd get back in the game and hurt it again. I always felt really sorry for him.
It sucks, but it's part of the game. If you love the sport enough, you keep going back, no matter how much it hurts. It's a lot like a really fun, but sort of abusive relationship.

One kid in my town actually died playing football. Just got tackled really hard. It was the 1800s back then, and the nearest hospital was an hour away on the highway today.
Wow. Can't top the injury, but my dad broke someone's arm playing dodgeball. Apparently the kid was the only one dumb enough to try and catch his throws...
Jeez, your dad has a live arm. Did he ever try pitching?

Four: You've caused a time paradox causing yourself to never have been born. Stop messing with the time stream!

Hello? McFly?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11768 on: September 08, 2010, 10:15:51 pm »

Jeez, your dad has a live arm. Did he ever try pitching?
[/quote]
Yeah, he played baseball in college for a while. Not one of the famous teams, but still.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11769 on: September 08, 2010, 10:19:03 pm »

Oh man, my dad tore one of his ACL's in a dirtbike accident, just completely ripped his knee open with it. He goes out riding a month after he gets his cadaver thing all healed up, rips up the other one. When he walks you can hear this disguisting sound, like someone is popping balloons inside of a big tub of jelly.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11770 on: September 08, 2010, 10:19:58 pm »

Yeah, he played baseball in college for a while. Not one of the famous teams, but still.

I wonder if he was ever recruited/if there's any info on the intarwebz about him.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11771 on: September 08, 2010, 10:23:48 pm »

I knew someone in high school who ripped ACL, PCL, and miniscus simultaneously while playing soccer (during middle school).  The individual was stuck in a giant leg brace from the age of 14 onwards... nasty stuff.

Something is upsetting me deeply.  I don't know what it is.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 10:53:49 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11772 on: September 08, 2010, 11:16:06 pm »

I knew someone in high school who ripped ACL, PCL, and miniscus simultaneously while playing soccer (during middle school).  The individual was stuck in a giant leg brace from the age of 14 onwards... nasty stuff.

Something is upsetting me deeply.  I don't know what it is.

Doc thinks I may have torn a patellar tendon in a tournament a long time ago and never got surgery on it (because I'm stupid and poor.)

Dawww. Take a deep breath, talk it out. This isn't Life Advice, some of us care. :P

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #11773 on: September 08, 2010, 11:36:38 pm »

Ouch, that sounds terrible. I ripped both my meniscus muscles in my right leg once and couldn't walk on it for a year without some pretty serious pain, ended up using a cane to get around. And I got told by doctors on a monthly basis that surgery wasn't worth my time because I'd naturally get better within a week from then. God, how I hate the public health system so.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11774 on: September 09, 2010, 12:24:01 am »

Warning: basketful of crazy

My mind feels like clear soup and I can feel my Armored Trust Issues coming back in force, marching in over the walls and trampling a few fields while they're at it.  I'm re-weaponizing and retreating again.  I can feel myself fading into something... old.  Because I'm frightened, and I don't have anything to depend on me.  I don't have anything to build right now.

I'm also dependent on fish oil to keep my brain working "normally" and my experiences mostly attached to reality.  I haven't taken it for a couple days at the moment, so my referential problem-solving network is fucking around and failing to turn mental metaphors and idea synesthesia into comprehensible text.  Now it feels like I'm floating again and my little ticcy symptoms are coming back.  Anxiety, paranoia, feeling like I want to crush myself into a little crystal sculpture and hide it somewhere safe where it can't interact with anyone and no one can stab it again.

I took some of the stuff so now maybe the problem will disappear over the next couple of days, but I have this odd fantasy, you see, and suddenly that has become almost the most important thing in the world--because my mind has forgotten how to prioritize (or maybe this is just a picture of my mind and the translator broke.  Again, I'm left eaten by an inability to connect.  I'm tired of this).  I'm sitting in an empty room at a table in a straight-backed chair painted white, wearing a lot of clothing.  Skirts to the ankle, thick jacket, long-sleeved shirt buttoned all the way up, boots laced the right way with double-knots and a good bit of polish.  I'm sitting there and the thing that strikes me is the firmness of the chair, the stillness of the room, and the way the shadows touch my fingers as they rest on the table.  It is all so silent, despite the rain, and everything is so clean.  There is a window but no door.  I cannot bear to look out the window, but I know it is there.  I don't know if I have a face or not.  If I have a face, I want to hide it.  The features bother me--suddenly, I can't stand my old and familiar features.  It would be easier if I were old; then I could look myself in the eye and feel a little bit better about things.  But my face bothers me, because it does not belong to me.  My face has never belonged to me.  Ever since I was a little girl, I have looked at my face and it was not my face.

I don't know what I expect to see.  Blankness?  But I look at my face and it is always wrong, and no one ever seems to understand this.

I have recurrent dreams of being abandoned, night after night after night as I begin with someone by my side and by the end of the dream, they have walked away.  Sometimes it's Rosewood.  Sometimes it's Thyme, and sometimes it's Vetch, and sometimes it's Ebony disappearing over and over again, leaving me alone.  It just... keeps happening... just as it's always happened in real life, again and again.

Before I dated Rosewood, I had dreams about a man shockingly like him, for four years.  He protected me and kept me safe--this sort of warm and gentle presence that held me and took care of me as I slept.  No matter how bad things got, he was always there.  Now he's gone, and I have only nightmares.

I don't know what to say.  This is probably just a chemical imbalance.  But my head is out to get me again, and it kind of sucks.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 783 784 [785] 786 787 ... 8156