Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8568065 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #11790 on: September 09, 2010, 05:18:15 am »

Not quite sure what you mean by 'Fish pills'.

Are you addicted to Omega 3?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11791 on: September 09, 2010, 07:12:50 am »

Vector, have you tried meditation? I use it as a tool to sort out all my mental issues (now that I have the chemicals under control.)

Sit in a quiet room in a comfortable pose, breathe slowly, and close your eyes. Imagine, if you will, three baskets, a pencil, and a pile of blank papers. Focus. Keep breathing. Basket one is things you're keeping. Basket two is things you need to analyze before you make a decision. Basket three is things you're throwing away. One at a time, write one or two words on each slip of paper that define yourself, and your situation. All your fears, hopes, dreams, flaws, and strengths. Sort them, slowly. Keep focusing. Keep breathing. Think. When you're done with a few, or done with your time limit, put lids on the baskets and come back to them later. Open your eyes, take a deep breath, and stretch. You should feel a little bit better. Not perfect, mind you, but a little bit.

tl;dr: Vector, it sounds like you need a mental defrag.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11792 on: September 09, 2010, 08:00:30 am »

I wish I could offer you some of the verbose intellectual advice that the others can provide, Vector, but my philosophy in life has always been "Logic is straightforward, don't overthink things", because things in life never seem to be half as complicated as they appear to be. Atleast in my experiences.

Then again, I've always been remarked as being a callous and insensitive person, so who knows?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11793 on: September 09, 2010, 09:41:52 am »

Fish oil thing is odd.  I mean, apart from anything else, one of its uses is meant to be in recovery from addiction :/.  I've also seen it billetted as a "natural and risk free" antidepressant and as a mental performance enhancer (there was a high profile trial here in England about them).  If it's not too personal a question... when did you start using them?

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #11794 on: September 09, 2010, 10:04:43 am »

Fish oil is a great thing. I've heard it helps with a lot of things, and mental stability is just one. I like this thing here for information on stuff like this (down right now, but the Google Doc they use for it is up).

I missed the bus to go to school, because I forgot my lunch and had to go back to get it, thinking that if I did miss the bus, I could instead ride my bike to school anyway. It turns out that my wheels have a completely different pump-thing, and it's impossible to pump up my tires with the pump I have. The worst part is, I still have money in my lunch account, so I could have just gone to school anyway.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11795 on: September 09, 2010, 10:13:07 am »

Although that only notes its helpfulness for preventing heart disease and high blood pressure (not surprising - Omega 3 is good for that sort of stuff).  I'm... more than a little sceptical when they're sold as performance enhancers.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #11796 on: September 09, 2010, 10:20:38 am »

If you look at the doc, it has fish oil being a 4 (on a 1-6 scale) for "Behavior, general health". It's not strong evidence, but it's worth it to at least try.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11797 on: September 09, 2010, 10:21:17 am »

Although that only notes its helpfulness for preventing heart disease and high blood pressure (not surprising - Omega 3 is good for that sort of stuff).  I'm... more than a little sceptical when they're sold as performance enhancers.

It's like oysters.

You have to pick the right time to put them on.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11798 on: September 09, 2010, 10:35:05 am »

If you look at the doc, it has fish oil being a 4 (on a 1-6 scale) for "Behavior, general health". It's not strong evidence, but it's worth it to at least try.
Hmm... the only study it links has
Declaration of interest The research was supported by a grant from the research charity Natural Justice (see Acknowledgements) and managed from the University of Surrey. Scotia Pharmaceuticals Ltd and Unigreg Ltd supplied nutritional supplements.
Which doesn't exactly scream impartiality.  Oh well, isn't really relevant, I guess.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11799 on: September 09, 2010, 12:08:25 pm »

School is allready tiring me, more specifically a few teachers that have a lot of time with our class (up to six classes per week) and most of them are annoying bastards who never shut up, and for two days in a row this one teacher somehow drains the will to live out of me, really i feel like shit after his class, and i don't really pay attention or anything
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #11800 on: September 09, 2010, 12:47:59 pm »

I've been overdosing on coffee during the week, and I began to freak out this afternoon. It's a wonder I've lasted that long.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11801 on: September 09, 2010, 01:43:46 pm »

I'm sad because I had the poor judgment to ask on TwoCansandString who would win in a fight between a knight and a samurai.

The results were overwhelmingly on the side of the samurai, citing stuff the answerers saw in anime.
Shoes...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11802 on: September 09, 2010, 01:54:43 pm »

..What did you expect? Reason, on the internet?
Love, scriver~

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11803 on: September 09, 2010, 01:59:13 pm »

I guess so.

Also, my grandparents are sitting on the back porch staring at each other.  Occasionally one of them says something spiteful.

Good lord I don't want to be old.
Shoes...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11804 on: September 09, 2010, 02:14:39 pm »

I'm sad because I had the poor judgment to ask on TwoCansandString who would win in a fight between a knight and a samurai.

The results were overwhelmingly on the side of the samurai, citing stuff the answerers saw in anime.
Don't just sit there!  Start making an awesome cartoon about knights!

...Although it's really kinda difficult to say.  Depends on the knight and the samurai in question, more than anything else.
Pages: 1 ... 785 786 [787] 788 789 ... 8156