Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 810 811 [812] 813 814 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8569641 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #12165 on: September 12, 2010, 02:34:57 pm »

My first reaction was "Whoa, Asimov wrote music?! I have to get my hands on some of this!" And then I realized you meant 'story.' And then I was sad.
Nope, a song, I think it might have been of the silly/perverted/drunk type thou.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12166 on: September 12, 2010, 02:47:52 pm »

I would build a house out of my clonekids.
Shoes...

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12167 on: September 12, 2010, 02:55:50 pm »

Y chromosomes are thought to merely be X chromosomes mutated in the common ancestor of all mammals, with all the useful bits taken out; I'm sorry to have to admit it, but it pretty much only codes for Testosterone.

It does a lot more than that, and women have testosterone too.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12168 on: September 12, 2010, 02:56:00 pm »

Real Life isn't a RPG MetalSlime.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12169 on: September 12, 2010, 02:57:29 pm »

I'd try to encourage my Selfkids to do what they wanted to do- which, knowing me, would probably be whatever their siblings weren't already doing.

Sometimes I worry that, if I ever have kids, I'd give them too much freedom and not enough discipline or structure. I'd need to find someone who's good at that sort of thing first, I think... or if I can be arsed to do it, to get myself a bit more organized.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12170 on: September 12, 2010, 02:57:57 pm »

Real Life isn't a RPG MetalSlime.
I realize. Nonetheless, the fact stands that a girl was trained to be smart and nothing else, and that it seemd to result in her eventual suicide.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12171 on: September 12, 2010, 02:58:58 pm »

She should have wanted to do it herself.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #12172 on: September 12, 2010, 03:03:51 pm »

Having clone kids would be a disaster for me, especially if I'm taking care of them myself. I can hardly take care of two cats.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 03:05:54 pm by Taco Dan »
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12173 on: September 12, 2010, 04:37:20 pm »

Alright, I will admit, that as much as I would argue So, So much with female me, there is a certain charm to being able to have a kid that I could raise without being tained by the influence of... not me.

Therefore, I would attempt to raise the most awesome child alive. Instead of teaching him to be intellectual (I'll just get Vector to teach him sums, and maybe make him sing his times tables on the way to school), I'll teach him how to be spontaneous, and have Fun.

I would be a disaster of a parent.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #12174 on: September 12, 2010, 04:40:49 pm »

I seem to have ended up being taught responsibility by my own kid. It's crazy. Especially considering I kinda taught her it and then she taught me it and she's tutoring me in math wha?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12175 on: September 12, 2010, 04:47:42 pm »

If raising kids is anything like like having pets, I'm afraid I'll make a terrible parent.  My biggest problems are I have zero tolerance for minor annoyances (near endless tolerance for major annoyances though), and when I'm having me-time, I cannot be interrupted (without incident anyway).

As long as were talking about homosexuality and parenting, I live next door to a gay couple who adopted a child.  Except it wasn't the stereotype scenario of two gay guys adopting a Chinese baby.  It's two gay (white) guys who adopted an 11-year-old black girl.  Every time I see them together, she's the unhappiest looking kid I've ever seen.  I know it's a goo thing that she has a home and they have a child, but it's genuinely sad-inducing to see them together, and even more sad-inducing to know that that's still probably the best way it could have worked out for all of them.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12176 on: September 12, 2010, 04:57:21 pm »

But ... the selfcest...
I'd find it too creepy, to be honest.

Not to mention how confused female-me would be feeling... and would both her X chromosones be copies of mine?  I mean, that's probably worse than several first cousin marriages.  She'd have all the genetic vulnerability of a man and then a bit more.

As for having children... well, some species do that through asexual reproduction.  Your children are rather likely to have loads of horrible recessive diseases though, so...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12177 on: September 12, 2010, 05:03:23 pm »

But ... the selfcest...
I'd find it too creepy, to be honest.

Not to mention how confused female-me would be feeling... and would both her X chromosones be copies of mine?  I mean, that's probably worse than several first cousin marriages.  She'd have all the genetic vulnerability of a man and then a bit more.

As for having children... well, some species do that through asexual reproduction.  Your children are rather likely to have loads of horrible recessive diseases though, so...

But the thought experiments, Leafsnail!  The thought experiments!

I don't know how I'd feel about my male double.  Hm.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12178 on: September 12, 2010, 05:07:59 pm »

I thought the idea was meeting an exact copy of yourself, same gender included?  In which case, I'd get along with another me, sine the people I get along best with are reclusive quarrelsome nerds, but reclusive quarrelsome nerds are by definition really hard to find and befriend.

As for a female version of myself?  Knowing me, we'd be in danger of starving to death in bed together.  But as Eddie Izzard once said, the definition of narcissism is looking in a mirror and saying, "God, I'd like to have sex with myself,"...
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12179 on: September 12, 2010, 05:14:20 pm »

But the thought experiments, Leafsnail!  The thought experiments!

I don't know how I'd feel about my male double.  Hm.

Well, you'd need to get a Y chromosone from somewhere, I suppose.

Actually, how much would a genetically identical other than gender clone actually end up looking like you?  I guess they'd have similar eyes, hair, skin and facial features, but other than that...

There is apparently software to edit photos like this, but I don't think it's on public release yet :/.
Pages: 1 ... 810 811 [812] 813 814 ... 8156