Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1631 1632 [1633] 1634 1635 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8473848 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #24480 on: March 16, 2011, 05:26:03 pm »

The dude obviously.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24481 on: March 16, 2011, 05:36:02 pm »

I dont know... I mean, Im all over the roman republic. Its just... Amazing on how they spread and stuff.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 05:38:56 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24482 on: March 16, 2011, 05:51:29 pm »

Oh dear, think about.... Wait, how can you even get crushes like that?

Do you imagine him in a bathtub?

It's so awful.  We've been covering his proofs for volumes and surface areas of a bunch of stuff, and then today we saw his proof for the closed formula of the summation of finite squares and it was just so geometric and adorable and brilliant.

And what he does to approximate the area of a spiral... oh my god, oh my god.

And the computation of pi, which stood for 1000 years...

And the exhaustion of the ellipse, and the cone, and, and, and... there's this famous story about how he went into business once and cornered the entire olive press market in one year.  Then he went back to math.

No, I don't imagine him in a bathtub.  I imagine arguing with him.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24483 on: March 16, 2011, 05:56:36 pm »

...Angry, math-filled love?
I'll be with the romans, who managed to take a large amount of land, and who brought in roads, plumbing, and other good technological advancements.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24484 on: March 16, 2011, 05:58:03 pm »

... I think I'd be positively scared by the love poems you'd send him. Then again, perhaps "I've derived the surface area of a heart for you" works for some people.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24485 on: March 16, 2011, 05:59:19 pm »

I'll be with the nomadic slavs traversing in the plains of Eastern Europe.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24486 on: March 16, 2011, 06:00:50 pm »

I finally watched Fried Egg.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24487 on: March 16, 2011, 06:01:09 pm »

I'll be with the romans, who managed to take a large amount of land, and who brought in roads, plumbing, and other good technological advancements.

Actually, arguing is just basically what you do when you're a math student.  There's a very different culture around it in mathematics.

You'll also be with the Romans, who killed Archimedes and probably were the main reason why we didn't get calculus until Newton.

... I think I'd be positively scared by the love poems you'd send him. Then again, perhaps "I've derived the surface area of a heart for you" works for some people.

*sigh*

Maybe I'd sing this.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #24488 on: March 16, 2011, 06:03:04 pm »

Yeah, he was

Spoiler: Celebate (click to show/hide)

So how would you ladies like to see my other lightning rod?

Spoiler: Here it is (click to show/hide)
Shoes...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24489 on: March 16, 2011, 06:05:07 pm »

Actually, arguing is just basically what you do when you're a math student.  There's a very different culture around it in mathematics.

You'll also be with the Romans, who killed Archimedes and probably were the main reason why we didn't get calculus until Newton.

*sigh*

Maybe I'd sing this.
Hey! That roman soldier ignored orders, Roman's cannot be accounted for just 1 person who disobeyed orders.
But you are right.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24490 on: March 16, 2011, 06:06:15 pm »

That's true, and understandable given Archimedes' war machines >_>

Still, I'm not the most fond of the Romans, sometimes.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #24491 on: March 16, 2011, 06:08:03 pm »

I actually did send a function that graphs to a heart as a valentines gift to an ex quite a while ago... She didn't appreciate it even after I explained it and typed it into a graphing calculator for her.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24492 on: March 16, 2011, 06:09:16 pm »

@Vector not liking Romans: You can say that again.

Rome was built on the backs of slaves, and all that.

I'm also not very fond of such blatant hedonism and corruption that went on within the Empire.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24493 on: March 16, 2011, 06:10:21 pm »

...Lordy you people are strange.

I used to have a thing for the romans, but now that i'm failing latin....

I'm also not very fond of such blatant hedonism and corruption that went on within the Empire.
But that's what makes it so interesting!
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24494 on: March 16, 2011, 06:11:45 pm »

I actually did send a function that graphs to a heart as a valentines gift to an ex quite a while ago... She didn't appreciate it even after I explained it and typed it into a graphing calculator for her.

That is distinctly uncool, especially if you did more than just the usual "derp, it's a cardioid" thing.

On the other hand... roses, anyone?  Sin(ntheta) for everyone!

Well, yeah, but then the Pythagoreans were a bit of an overreaction to the same problem in Greece.

Pages: 1 ... 1631 1632 [1633] 1634 1635 ... 8153