Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1754 1755 [1756] 1757 1758 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8471814 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #26325 on: April 02, 2011, 09:16:32 pm »

Nah, I said in almost none--the exception I was thinking of was Portal =)

Yeah, we stereotype due to language problems in which it's convenient to generalize to point some particular physical feature out, but then don't know how to stop generalizing.  That's the way it seems to me, anyway.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26326 on: April 02, 2011, 09:20:17 pm »

What great timing.
Now, if I do anything...
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #26327 on: April 02, 2011, 09:25:15 pm »

Nah, I said in almost none--the exception I was thinking of was Portal =)

Yeah, we stereotype due to language problems in which it's convenient to generalize to point some particular physical feature out, but then don't know how to stop generalizing.  That's the way it seems to me, anyway.

I remembered! The two L4D games have a female each.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26328 on: April 02, 2011, 09:26:41 pm »

OKAY, GUYS. STOP DERAILING.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26329 on: April 02, 2011, 09:28:51 pm »

I don't think it's a derail.  This thread has no set topic or flow of conversation.  It's purpose is a place to post and discuss things which made you unhappy today.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #26330 on: April 02, 2011, 09:38:33 pm »

I just give up. On love. Entirely.

Hello rest of my empty existence. I hope you're short.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26331 on: April 02, 2011, 09:40:07 pm »

So that's why the happy thread was locked. It is fueled by Janet's happy, and locks itself without it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #26332 on: April 02, 2011, 09:41:04 pm »

Ill unlock it later for everyone. Just. I don't want to for now.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #26333 on: April 02, 2011, 09:53:02 pm »

I just give up. On love. Entirely.

Hello rest of my empty existence. I hope you're short.
You do know that death is permanent, yes? Your sadness is temporary, Janet. It does not seem that way to you. It must seem that it will be an eternity before you are happy again, if ever. I promise you, though, that not all is lost. There is hope in this world yet: you can go out and do whatever it takes to be happy. Whether this means reclaiming the love that you have apparently lost or finding a new passion, it is your choice to make. Please do one thing for me, though. Don't go through life wishing you were dead. When you're dead, you'll have plenty of nothing about. Enjoy the something while you have it.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26334 on: April 02, 2011, 10:53:34 pm »

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #26335 on: April 02, 2011, 11:06:04 pm »

But this is unimportant, so please go do important things.  Do something good for somebody else.  I want the problem to be fixed, not my feelings.[/spoiler]
I know where you're coming from with fixing the problem instead of your feelings. That's what I strive to do all the time. However, I'm confused by your definition of Important Things. I'll use the Transitive property, because I do love it so very much.

Important Things = Actions Worth Taking
Actions Worth Taking = Something Good
Something Good = Something that makes Someone, Somewhere, happy
Someone, Somewhere ≤ Vector
Something Good = Something that makes (Vector) happy
Important Things = Something that makes (Vector) happy

So, is there anything I can do to help fix your problem? I can write some mean snail mail. We can communicate like it's 1999.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #26336 on: April 02, 2011, 11:13:46 pm »

Tomorrow is the day I'm going to show up for my depression therapy. It's a special 45 day program, no computers or cellphones, so it means I won't be on the forums for a while, not that I think you guys will notice a thing. While this is a good thing, ultimately, I need to say goodbye to some of my friends, some of which have no idea I'm going simply because I didn't really feel like talking to more than a few people. I'm sorry I didn't clue you in, it's just hard letting friends know this. Hopefully, I'll be back a happier, and more importantly capable person.

I'm going to miss shadow and newmars, we talked on occasion, but it was always a pleasure. I'll miss aqizzar, and although we barely talked, I really felt like we got along. Most of all, I'll miss Janet. I know you  sometimes think you're to blame for all this, but I don't think I'd have made it this far without you. I rally meant it when I said you mean the world to me, and you've been one of the greatest friends I ever had the pleasure of knowing. Despite how a few treat you on here, I think it's safe to say the forums care about you, and it's safe to say Eva does too. While I'm gone, I'll also be working on the tRPG system I was cooking up, so we can play it when I get back.

And goodbye to the rest of the forums for now. I still have a lot of packing to do, so that's where I'll be spending a chunk of my time today. Well, whatever time I have left. Take care guys, and keep chill.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26337 on: April 02, 2011, 11:16:27 pm »

Good luck.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26338 on: April 02, 2011, 11:24:56 pm »

Sounds a bit to me like you just need someone that you can truly trust. Do you really trust anyone?
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26339 on: April 02, 2011, 11:37:42 pm »

But this is unimportant, so please go do important things.  Do something good for somebody else.  I want the problem to be fixed, not my feelings.[/spoiler]
I know where you're coming from with fixing the problem instead of your feelings. That's what I strive to do all the time. However, I'm confused by your definition of Important Things. I'll use the Transitive property, because I do love it so very much.

Important Things = Actions Worth Taking
Actions Worth Taking = Something Good
Something Good = Something that makes Someone, Somewhere, happy
Someone, Somewhere ≤ Vector
Something Good = Something that makes (Vector) happy
Important Things = Something that makes (Vector) happy

So, is there anything I can do to help fix your problem? I can write some mean snail mail. We can communicate like it's 1999.
Yeah, I would join in. I look up towards you, because your a good influence on us, and you come off as a really nice person.
Pages: 1 ... 1754 1755 [1756] 1757 1758 ... 8153