Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1755 1756 [1757] 1758 1759 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8549875 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #26340 on: April 02, 2011, 11:42:52 pm »

Hm, general feeling of inability to make the world measurably better (pretty coincidental with Vector's post up there; numerous friend-related things, plus the ridiculous stuff in the world that's probably more of a consequence of my lessening blindness to current events than any fundamental change in the rate of terrible things happening, are the major reason) ended up making me take a walk, during which all options I considered were both insane and beyond my means. On the other hand, one of the horses (the downside of living in the nice on-campus apartments is that there are horse paddocks right across the parking lot, with accompanying smell) knocked a bunch of hay out of the fence, and putting it back made me feel oddly better. Not completely, but still, some. Probably a result of doing something tangible, if not particularly meaningful. Wasn't sure which thread to post in, but since I still feel rather helpless, I'm going with this one.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26341 on: April 03, 2011, 12:10:26 am »

How can a song go from an oh yeah awesome song to a holy shit sad song just by replacing the e. guitars and drums with a piano and, if I'm hearing correctly, a bit of violin?

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #26342 on: April 03, 2011, 12:38:08 am »

Magicka Fafnir ragdagdangit galblast it need more save points freaken can't kill the blasted thing.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26343 on: April 03, 2011, 12:41:23 am »

How can a song go from an oh yeah awesome song to a holy shit sad song just by replacing the e. guitars and drums with a piano and, if I'm hearing correctly, a bit of violin?
Hell i can make a sad song with a guitar though drums will be hard. Usually piano and and violin is associated with sad songs due to nearly half of classical music is romantic and half of that is tragedy.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26344 on: April 03, 2011, 12:49:13 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This describes how I feel about Captchas on a website.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #26345 on: April 03, 2011, 01:48:57 am »

More here.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26346 on: April 03, 2011, 01:52:13 am »

More here.
Those Captchas are awesome. The ones that are incomprehensible are not.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26347 on: April 03, 2011, 01:54:37 am »

Those Captchas are awesome. The ones that are incomprehensible are not.
Its not our fault you failed to grow proper eyearms.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26348 on: April 03, 2011, 01:57:12 am »

I only wonder how much it will cost me to fly to California.......

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #26349 on: April 03, 2011, 02:07:47 am »

Oh, that last frame is awesome.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #26350 on: April 03, 2011, 02:20:42 am »

Don't feel too much personal responsibility to change the world for the better, because really it's everyone's responsibility.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26351 on: April 03, 2011, 04:23:22 am »

Ergh... What the fuck life..
*Hugs*

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26352 on: April 03, 2011, 04:28:33 am »

Screw this.
I may have said that I'm quitting here, but I'm getting driven insane and for me crawling back here isn't such a bad thing, since my own patheticness can't be augmented.
It doesn't hinder me to come back here when my mood seems stable enough, to look into a selected number of threads. I may as well post in them. Big deal.

There's not a single room in our house, where I can read a book in quietness. How am I supposed to work on me and actually aquire new knowledge, when I can't even read a frickin page from a book, without having my parent's around being noisy.
I'm finally stable enough to pick up my books again, but progress is being made impossible.
So mad.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26353 on: April 03, 2011, 04:31:09 am »

Screw this.
I may have said that I'm quitting here, but I'm getting driven insane and for me crawling back here isn't such a bad thing, since my own patheticness can't be augmented.
It doesn't hinder me to come back here when my mood seems stable enough, to look into a selected number of threads. I may as well post in them. Big deal.

There's not a single room in our house, where I can read a book in quietness. How am I supposed to work on me and actually aquire new knowledge, when I can't even read a frickin page from a book, without having my parent's around being noisy.
I'm finally stable enough to pick up my books again, but progress is being made impossible.
So mad.

Suddenly, I'm in a better mood.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26354 on: April 03, 2011, 04:32:59 am »

At least there's plenty of peace to read here..
Bleh, fucking nightmares and flashbacks and what the fuck else... I genuinely think my body's trying to convince me that it's had enough and wants the sweetest slumber..
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 1755 1756 [1757] 1758 1759 ... 8155