Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2440 2441 [2442] 2443 2444 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8436549 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #36615 on: September 08, 2011, 01:52:09 am »

Feeling really sick :(. Hopefully I'll feel better when I wake up.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36616 on: September 08, 2011, 02:12:07 am »

If I had such an ability, I wonder if I would abuse it by randomly, but subtly changing the childhoods of complete strangers, and see if they turn into different people.

For me the answer to this would be a resounding yes.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36617 on: September 08, 2011, 06:12:06 am »

Just saying, and not meaning at all to be rude, but there seems to be a lot of pressure on Truean to switch careers.

I think that's something she should really decide for herself.

Maybe it's just me, but I cannot fathom someone undergoing years of university preparation, and of work experience, doing something which by all accounts she likes doing, just to ditch it all because of a job's adversity. I can see switching workplace, or even the particular field, but abandoning one's vocation is stretching it too much, I think.
I don't think everybody is saying switch careers, but she should probably seriously consider switching offices/employers.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36618 on: September 08, 2011, 06:24:20 am »

I was going to start this post by declaring myself an asshole, claiming Vector would hate me forever and I need to get my priorities sorted but having mulled it over I think I'm just kinda confused.

If we were openly dating, or indeed had met more than twice, I would be cheating on a guy, with a girl. I'm not, I'm just being an asshole to him and frankly that's just as bad. This isn't going to be the person I am, I have always said that. And I promise you, random internet dwellers who care about my life about as much as a packet of sardines does, that I will not end up that person. I'm going to have to go to this guy and let him down gently and frankly that's going be the hardest thing I've ever done and the reason for this post. I'm sad. I'm sad I'm going to have to ruin this incredibly nice man's immediate future plans, and I never, ever want to let anybody down, but I need to. Gently.

Damn it. I really needed to vent and an internet forum seemed the least crass place to do it, cause I'm sure as hell not dragging my friends into this.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #36619 on: September 08, 2011, 07:46:06 am »

I was going to start this post by declaring myself an asshole, claiming Vector would hate me forever and I need to get my priorities sorted but having mulled it over I think I'm just kinda confused.

If we were openly dating, or indeed had met more than twice, I would be cheating on a guy, with a girl. I'm not, I'm just being an asshole to him and frankly that's just as bad. This isn't going to be the person I am, I have always said that. And I promise you, random internet dwellers who care about my life about as much as a packet of sardines does, that I will not end up that person. I'm going to have to go to this guy and let him down gently and frankly that's going be the hardest thing I've ever done and the reason for this post. I'm sad. I'm sad I'm going to have to ruin this incredibly nice man's immediate future plans, and I never, ever want to let anybody down, but I need to. Gently.

Damn it. I really needed to vent and an internet forum seemed the least crass place to do it, cause I'm sure as hell not dragging my friends into this.

You'll do fine, mate. Chin up.

My own sad is that I'm now eighteen, and as such, have to sell cigarettes. Yeuch.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36620 on: September 08, 2011, 07:47:49 am »

Sometimes I wish I could alter the turn of time. That I could go back, and change any one aspect of my life, and then get to witness the results of the change in the future. If I had such an ability, I wonder if I would abuse it by randomly, but subtly changing the childhoods of complete strangers, and see if they turn into different people.
I'm just so curious, I really want to know if I was destined to become the miserable and lonely person that I am.
I've already said this but I'd abuse this so that I have an unlimited amount of time to finish my series.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36621 on: September 08, 2011, 07:57:53 am »

Just go for it. It's not going to be very hard for someone you've barley met.

... Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that you're cheating on a girl with a guy? Or is the relationship with her just as non-serious?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36622 on: September 08, 2011, 11:32:34 am »

Slept in this morning; missed German class.

I feel fucking horrible.  I'm not missing any more classes unless I absolutely have to, this entire semester, in any course.  I need to shape up and stop being such a lazy asshole idiot.

I've had this problem since I was little.  It's time to iron it out, today.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jaylow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fleet
« Reply #36623 on: September 08, 2011, 11:52:26 am »

found out i suck at programing
History always has a few tricks up its frayed sleeve. It's been around a long time.
Creators aren't gods. They make places, which is quite hard. It's men that make gods. This explains a lot.
One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather.
This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #36624 on: September 08, 2011, 11:56:27 am »

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36625 on: September 08, 2011, 12:08:11 pm »

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Must agree with this.

My programming experience goes like this:

Learn new language syntax.
Spending hours upon hours bashing head against the keyboard until it works.
Find out language/tool limitations.
Find something new that expands these limitations/makes things easier.
Repeat from step 1.

Can't avoid the head bashing part, sorry.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #36626 on: September 08, 2011, 12:33:19 pm »

More than a year without an injury or any illness and now I'm wracked with flu.

Godfuckingdamit.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36627 on: September 08, 2011, 12:47:50 pm »

And despite all this, my mom forgave me >_<  Aww...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36628 on: September 08, 2011, 12:56:39 pm »

Slept in this morning; missed German class.

I feel fucking horrible.  I'm not missing any more classes unless I absolutely have to, this entire semester, in any course.  I need to shape up and stop being such a lazy asshole idiot.

Your problem isn't that you're lazy, quite the opposite actually. You're extremely perfectionistic and you're letting that bring you down. Sure, you missed a class but does it really matter? I think I've skipped some 20-something lectures last year (usually because I had something better to do. We're also talking about Chemical engineering here, which is far from the easiest subject one could study) and while it's mildly inconvenient to have to catch up it's not something that's worth worrying about unless you're really falling behind. I think I know you well enough (from your other posts in which you bemoan how much your study is brining you down) to say that the odds of you falling behind because you missed a class or didn't finish all your homework in time are negligible.
Besides that, how well you study is related to how well you feel. If you're not at ease with yourself, chances are that tossing yourself at yet another set of problems isn't going to improve things, at least not as much as getting yourself back on track before continuing.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 01:04:50 pm by Virex »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36629 on: September 08, 2011, 01:00:11 pm »

Vector, you seem to have a bit of OCD.

you need to do what I did and take that OCD, tie her up, gag her, and dump her in a corner of an unused room in your brain.
Pages: 1 ... 2440 2441 [2442] 2443 2444 ... 8153