Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2441 2442 [2443] 2444 2445 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8550800 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #36630 on: September 08, 2011, 01:09:08 pm »

John Kasich's latest attempt to drum up support to bail out his sinking union-busting bill is to warn voters that not passing it will destroy the ability of companies to illegally block out unions, because unions will use their rising tide of support to pass legislation to simplify the union-joining process.

Nice job, John. Not only have your threats and intimidation reached a new low, you've thrown away the last shred of legitimacy your bill had. You're not even pretending it's anything but a war to destroy unions anymore.

The really sad thing is that the mythical "Caddilac Benefits" have locked enough people into supporting him that this is unlikely to break his voting base.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36631 on: September 08, 2011, 01:36:40 pm »

Slept in this morning; missed German class.

I feel fucking horrible.  I'm not missing any more classes unless I absolutely have to, this entire semester, in any course.  I need to shape up and stop being such a lazy asshole idiot.

I've had this problem since I was little.  It's time to iron it out, today.

A problem to fix? Sure, missing class is not something to do. However, if you stay up all night prior blitzing your brain with study and homework, that doesn't really make you an "asshole idiot". It makes you someone who needs to prioritize sufficient sleep a little higher, and maybe move up the study time to earlier in the day, if that's applicable.

...but maybe that's what you were talking about? In any case, make sure you're always tackling the problem, not yourself or your personality.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #36632 on: September 08, 2011, 04:01:35 pm »

Take a deep breath Vector, it's ok.  People sleep in sometimes, people make mistakes.  It's not the end of the world.  Contact the teacher, apologize, ask about what you missed.  Pick the pieces, it's not a big deal.

Vector, you seem to have a bit of OCD.

you need to do what I did and take that OCD, tie her up, gag her, and dump her in a corner of an unused room in your brain.
Make sure the gag and ropes are asymmetrical.  She'll love that  :o

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36633 on: September 08, 2011, 04:19:24 pm »

If we were openly dating, or indeed had met more than twice, I would be cheating on a guy, with a girl. I'm not, I'm just being an asshole to him and frankly that's just as bad. This isn't going to be the person I am, I have always said that. And I promise you, random internet dwellers who care about my life about as much as a packet of sardines does, that I will not end up that person. I'm going to have to go to this guy and let him down gently and frankly that's going be the hardest thing I've ever done and the reason for this post. I'm sad. I'm sad I'm going to have to ruin this incredibly nice man's immediate future plans, and I never, ever want to let anybody down, but I need to. Gently.
Just go for it. It's not going to be very hard for someone you've barley met.

... Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that you're cheating on a girl with a guy? Or is the relationship with her just as non-serious?

No, he wants to date me, or at least I'm fairly sure he does, and the next time I saw him I was planning on asking him if we could make it official. The girl knows about all that, which is what made this whole situation ever so slightly bizarre when she basically ended up on top of me. I swear, my life writes itself like a teen soap opera.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #36634 on: September 08, 2011, 04:28:55 pm »

In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #36635 on: September 08, 2011, 04:30:34 pm »

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

I honestly find this to be a great inspirational quote.

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #36636 on: September 08, 2011, 05:17:08 pm »

If we were openly dating, or indeed had met more than twice, I would be cheating on a guy, with a girl. I'm not, I'm just being an asshole to him and frankly that's just as bad. This isn't going to be the person I am, I have always said that. And I promise you, random internet dwellers who care about my life about as much as a packet of sardines does, that I will not end up that person. I'm going to have to go to this guy and let him down gently and frankly that's going be the hardest thing I've ever done and the reason for this post. I'm sad. I'm sad I'm going to have to ruin this incredibly nice man's immediate future plans, and I never, ever want to let anybody down, but I need to. Gently.

... Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that you're cheating on a girl with a guy? Or is the relationship with her just as non-serious?
I swear, my life writes itself like a teen soap opera.

Except that your interwebs buddy didn't turn out to be eight men and a van.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36637 on: September 08, 2011, 05:54:43 pm »

I swear, my life writes itself like a teen soap opera.

Except that your interwebs buddy didn't turn out to be eight men and a van.
...yet
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36638 on: September 08, 2011, 06:48:44 pm »

No, he wants to date me, or at least I'm fairly sure he does, and the next time I saw him I was planning on asking him if we could make it official. The girl knows about all that, which is what made this whole situation ever so slightly bizarre when she basically ended up on top of me. I swear, my life writes itself like a teen soap opera.

{joke}So girls are turned on by gay guys. Pardon me while I go find some hunks to smooch.{/joke}

Seriously though, if it's like that then yeah, this should be easy.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36639 on: September 08, 2011, 07:09:49 pm »

Speaking of 'gayness', the incoming freshmen use the word "***ot" and the phrase "that's so gay" way too much. I'd like to say that I'm stereotyping from just a few that I've seen, but I have at least one class that's all freshmen but myself, due to weird residual suck from moving states.

Oh well, I'll continue to pretend and be apathetic, it's not like they'd listen to anything I have to say, anyways...they won't even be quiet when the teacher threatens to write people up.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36640 on: September 08, 2011, 07:12:36 pm »

....I think I might know you, like in person.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36641 on: September 08, 2011, 07:17:56 pm »

Feh, I'm upset for not going to class because I spent the time sleeping (10 hours rather than something reasonable like 7 or 8).  I went to bed at 11 PM and still wound up too tired to get up by 8?  Yeah, that's a sad world.

On the other hand, I give myself the excuse that I was healing residual sick.

I dunno, really.  It's just not being a good week.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36642 on: September 08, 2011, 07:18:45 pm »

....I think I might know you, like in person.
I seriously doubt it, but you can PM me a state or name (-looks at username-...maybe a name wouldn't be the best, maybe your name, if you think I might know you?) or something if you want to guess. Because if I know anyone that uses the bay12 forums, it would make me very happy. Like really!

« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 07:21:54 pm by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #36643 on: September 08, 2011, 07:20:51 pm »

Well. My daughter pulled a very cruel and senseless prank on my older sister and I just had to put my foot down. Hard.

Most of the time I like being a parent. But this time? Well when I have to do this not only do I feel so dissapointed I feel so horrible that I have to punish her. I really thought she knew better than to do something so senseless and mean like that.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36644 on: September 08, 2011, 07:25:44 pm »

If you don't mind saying, what did she do?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 2441 2442 [2443] 2444 2445 ... 8155