Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2549 2550 [2551] 2552 2553 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8557143 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #38250 on: October 10, 2011, 08:53:31 am »

Ok, after browsing that article and seeing the picture of the rat filled with worm-cysts, I have to say....KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE! KILL IT BEFORE IT JOINS US WITH THE GLORY OF THE MANY!  :o
Sad thing is, we didn't have that worm in Sweden until maybe a couple of years ago, but some fucking imbeciles decided the mandatory health-checks and quarantines on important animals (that we have for the explicit reason of keeping diseases and other ailments such as that one out of our damn country) was too much for their fucked up chihuahuas and had them smuggled in instead and now we can't eat berries directly from the forests any more because our foxes got infected and is spreading the worms all over the place.

Fuck it, I'll be in the RAEG thread.
Love, scriver~

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #38251 on: October 10, 2011, 09:14:01 am »

I'm not interested in the things taught at school and I'm even less interested in getting a job that I'm supposed to do after graduating. I now wonder why I came here in the first place.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38252 on: October 10, 2011, 09:39:34 am »

On the topic of things that are really supposedly completely harmless, try googling "amblypygi" some time.

I'm sad because they live in caves so I'll probably have an unexpected encounter someday. Looking forward to it guys!

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38253 on: October 10, 2011, 10:28:53 am »

I just realized my backpack that should always be in the same room as me has been missing for 4 days. It has my computer and a majority of my textbooks and also the pills I need to keep me concentrated.
*Heliman flips the fuck out!*

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38254 on: October 10, 2011, 10:54:49 am »

But now your avatar fits perfectly!
Love, scriver~

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38255 on: October 10, 2011, 11:38:56 am »

"What classes are you having today?"
"Math, I'm actually looking forward to what the professor said she was teaching tod-"
"don't lie to yourself about math, you are not very good at it and should study hard to make sure you don't fail. You always lie to yourself about these things and should have a solid grip on reality here."

Thanks dad. No way your motivational speech could have the opposite of the intended effect.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #38256 on: October 10, 2011, 11:45:28 am »

Until and unless things drastically improve, I will be filing chapter 11 bankruptcy for a local factory in a year or less. The place is going fucking broke, plain and simple....The factory simply doesn't have the orders coming in or money to pay for suppliers and payroll. Tried my absolute best rebalancing the company's books, but still had no choice but to recommend reducing work hours and laying some people off. The only thing to be done is try to keep the place floating as long as possible, but.... I'm afraid the best I could offer the people laid off was a well written letter of recommendation and the promise that I recommend they be hired back as soon as possible if orders picked up.

The owner wanted to fight the state unemployment office on benefits, because it would cost the company money. I had some time convincing him that it was a losing battle (entirely true). If he had stuck to his guns and (stupidly) gone ahead with the fight, then I couldn't have even drafted the laid off employees the letters of recommendation. I understand that it costs you money, but damn 1.) you have no case, period, because they weren't fired for cause, 2.) the state will beat you senseless, and 3.) at some point these people didn't do anything wrong, why screw them over...?

Sometimes there really aren't good answers and I hate that. It makes me feel like I'm somehow not smart enough. I've done similar things before even as a clerk and managed to avoid laying off anyone.  I can't find these individuals jobs elsewhere either.... I can't even negotiate a long term bulk purchase contract from suppliers to shore up funds. I fear I've exhausted my bag of tricks. Exactly 5,218 people work there on three shifts... currently....

God damn it brain, make the pieces fit....
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 11:57:13 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #38257 on: October 10, 2011, 12:02:05 pm »

"What classes are you having today?"
"Math, I'm actually looking forward to what the professor said she was teaching tod-"
"don't lie to yourself about math, you are not very good at it and should study hard to make sure you don't fail. You always lie to yourself about these things and should have a solid grip on reality here."
 Thanks dad. No way your motivational speech could have the opposite of the intended effect.
Your Father is my conscience.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38258 on: October 10, 2011, 12:32:52 pm »

I feel lost.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38259 on: October 10, 2011, 12:40:42 pm »

I do so very often as well.

I can't say anything to help, I haven't found a way to not feel lost yet.

...I guess that's part of the whole "being lost" thing.
Love, scriver~

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38260 on: October 10, 2011, 12:50:39 pm »

OH GOD. My insides! They buuuurn!

Christ, this shit hurts.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #38261 on: October 10, 2011, 01:13:17 pm »

I detest essay writing.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38262 on: October 10, 2011, 01:23:35 pm »

Until and unless things drastically improve, I will be filing chapter 11 bankruptcy for a local factory in a year or less. The place is going fucking broke, plain and simple....The factory simply doesn't have the orders coming in or money to pay for suppliers and payroll. Tried my absolute best rebalancing the company's books, but still had no choice but to recommend reducing work hours and laying some people off. The only thing to be done is try to keep the place floating as long as possible, but.... I'm afraid the best I could offer the people laid off was a well written letter of recommendation and the promise that I recommend they be hired back as soon as possible if orders picked up.

The owner wanted to fight the state unemployment office on benefits, because it would cost the company money. I had some time convincing him that it was a losing battle (entirely true). If he had stuck to his guns and (stupidly) gone ahead with the fight, then I couldn't have even drafted the laid off employees the letters of recommendation. I understand that it costs you money, but damn 1.) you have no case, period, because they weren't fired for cause, 2.) the state will beat you senseless, and 3.) at some point these people didn't do anything wrong, why screw them over...?

Sometimes there really aren't good answers and I hate that. It makes me feel like I'm somehow not smart enough. I've done similar things before even as a clerk and managed to avoid laying off anyone.  I can't find these individuals jobs elsewhere either.... I can't even negotiate a long term bulk purchase contract from suppliers to shore up funds. I fear I've exhausted my bag of tricks. Exactly 5,218 people work there on three shifts... currently....

God damn it brain, make the pieces fit....

Is the company in receivership or something? I'm having a hard time figuring out why you're being their accounting department...

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38263 on: October 10, 2011, 01:26:32 pm »

I feel lost.
*Looks at city thousands of miles away from my home.*
Me too. I'm pretty sure this is one of those "time will heal" things.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38264 on: October 10, 2011, 01:38:46 pm »

Yeah, I sure hope it does.

I can barely recognize myself from a couple of years ago.  Of course, that was partially intentional.  Different clothes, different hair, different glasses, different body, different thoughts, different everything.

Now I'm suddenly going back to blowing off class and studying my ass off in the "spare time" that leaves.  Go figure.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 2549 2550 [2551] 2552 2553 ... 8155