Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2778 2779 [2780] 2781 2782 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8474759 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #41685 on: January 04, 2012, 09:58:08 pm »

Oh lord...thanks to the politics thread, I realized I'm actually old enough to be President.

...I hate you all now. (Hey look, I've even got the Presidential attitude!)
For all we know you could be better, we never actually had a president that was neutral or no party.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41686 on: January 04, 2012, 10:00:31 pm »

The Glenn Miller Orchestra is having a performance in my home town on the 15th of this month, I really doubt I will be here to see the damn thing, and even if I do manage I doubt I will have the cash to get myself a ticket.

SONNUVABITCH!!!!!!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #41687 on: January 04, 2012, 10:04:10 pm »

....there's still a Glenn Miller Orchestra??? How do they pull that one off?  :o

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41688 on: January 04, 2012, 10:05:51 pm »

Truean posted this in the progressive rage thread and I made the mistake of watching it, despite the title. Ughhhhh.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41689 on: January 04, 2012, 10:10:18 pm »

Oh lord...thanks to the politics thread, I realized I'm actually old enough to be President.

For all we know you could be better, we never actually had a president that was neutral or no party.

You're talking US presidents, right?  That's not actually true.  George Washington and John Tyler (for part of his presidency) formally had no party...according to Wikipedia.

EDIT:
On a related note...Washington is usually considered one of the top five or so presidents.  Tyler is usually considered one of the bottom ten or so presidents.

Too bad Toady isn't old enough, or I'd write him in. I mean, hey, I already know his real name. :P

How old is Toady?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 10:16:24 pm by Stargrasper »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41690 on: January 04, 2012, 10:11:46 pm »

Truean posted this in the progressive rage thread and I made the mistake of watching it, despite the title. Ughhhhh.

Suddenly I don't feel bad about not agreeing with the man on anything. Facepunch, awaaaaaay!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41691 on: January 04, 2012, 10:13:36 pm »

You're talking US presidents, right?  That's not actually true.  George Washington and John Tyler (for part of his presidency) formally had no party...according to Wikipedia.
Technically George was the only bipartisan player in the government and John was a Whig but history doesn't care about him.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #41692 on: January 04, 2012, 10:18:16 pm »

Bleeargh, I just remembered that time I mixed green tea with hot chocolate. Sheeot was nasty.

There are things in this world chocolate does not make taste better. That, in itself, is a sad thing.

Sometime tomorrow I'm probably going to mix some chocolate syrup into coca-cola. Wish me luck~
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41693 on: January 04, 2012, 10:26:50 pm »

That's actually really common in the Tennessee area.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #41694 on: January 04, 2012, 10:33:44 pm »

Ugh. I think my romance organs are infected. I'm feeling all kinds of... emotions.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41695 on: January 04, 2012, 10:37:06 pm »

Ugh. I think my romance organs are infected. I'm feeling all kinds of... emotions.
You better go to a doctor, this is why you should use protection children.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41696 on: January 04, 2012, 10:39:27 pm »

Pnx makes me realise so, so badly something. I'm so god damn pale that I think I literally can't tan and I sunburn so easily I take an umbrella outside.

Am... I at risk for skin cancer or something? Oh boy that would just be the icing on the cake of my health problems if It was a big risk.

I have super pale skin, and my mom nags me at times how I need to wear sunscreen and stuff because of risk of skin cancer in the family.
Down with hormones!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #41697 on: January 04, 2012, 11:05:08 pm »

I know the feeling. Cruising along for like a month without any such thing and then all of a sudden... cuddling dreams? Gog damn it. Brain, stop developing stupid crushes, which incidentally is all of them apparently.

... okay, so maybe that went on less of a sympathetic tangent than I'd planned. Close enough, though.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #41698 on: January 04, 2012, 11:29:21 pm »

Oh man. Cuddle dreams are the worst. Nothing ruins a morning like realizing that warm body you've been pressing against yourself so comfortingly all night was actually just your pillow. And then you have to get out into the cold.

...I'm gonna have a cuddle dream tonight, aren't I?
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #41699 on: January 04, 2012, 11:40:26 pm »

That depends. I highly recommend thinking about tyrannosaurs before you go to sleep. That'll either prevent such a dream entirely, or result in one that will be worth telling stories about. Either way, it's a win. Just make sure not to think about anything else until after you are unconscious. This method may or may not have a success rate equivalent to random chance.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 2778 2779 [2780] 2781 2782 ... 8153