Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2812 2813 [2814] 2815 2816 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8567917 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #42195 on: January 19, 2012, 02:17:35 am »

Wow. I had thought the talk about a lack of articles about SOPA on major news sites was hyperbolic... Checking several of them, even with the wiki blackout there's hardly a peep. There are a few interviews or articles hidden away in smallfont, but even those are highly pro-SOPA, with the exception of MSNBC. Which also happens to be the only one with this sort of conflicted disclaimer:
(Msnbc.com is a joint venture of Microsoft and Comcast/NBC Universal. Microsoft publicly opposes SOPA in its current form, while Comcast/NBC Universal is listed as a supporter of SOPA on the House Judiciary Committee website.)
The spin engines seem to be cranked up to full on this one.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42196 on: January 19, 2012, 02:19:07 am »

That's kinda amusing.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42197 on: January 19, 2012, 02:24:39 am »

Nary a peep about it indeed.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #42198 on: January 19, 2012, 02:25:27 am »

Wow. I had thought the talk about a lack of articles about SOPA on major news sites was hyperbolic... Checking several of them, even with the wiki blackout there's hardly a peep. There are a few interviews or articles hidden away in smallfont, but even those are highly pro-SOPA, with the exception of MSNBC. Which also happens to be the only one with this sort of conflicted disclaimer:
(Msnbc.com is a joint venture of Microsoft and Comcast/NBC Universal. Microsoft publicly opposes SOPA in its current form, while Comcast/NBC Universal is listed as a supporter of SOPA on the House Judiciary Committee website.)
The spin engines seem to be cranked up to full on this one.

Slashdot is RABIDLY anti-SOPA/PIPA. In fact they had a protest today where the last two articles were about SOPA for a good 12 or so hours.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42199 on: January 19, 2012, 02:33:37 am »

I actually looked on the local news website my family visits every day, and they DO have an article. It talks about how both of Utah's senators don't support SOPA/PIPA, and mentioned the blackout tangentially.

So maybe it's just more mainstream stuff.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #42200 on: January 19, 2012, 06:38:21 am »

German oral test went exceptionally bad.
I was basically speaking some kind English/Dutch/German hybrid language without having read any of the books I was supposed to read.
'Ja, sie gehen allemaal tot, so die Hauptperson was nicht so frolich.'

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #42201 on: January 19, 2012, 08:54:01 am »

Yahoo! had articles.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #42202 on: January 19, 2012, 09:09:41 am »

I was basically speaking some kind English/Dutch/German hybrid language without having read any of the books I was supposed to read.
For my Spanish oral I was so nervous I looked down the entire time and had to stop my legs from wobbling, argh.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #42203 on: January 19, 2012, 09:40:09 am »

Yahoo! had articles.

Yahoo! articles have comments.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42204 on: January 19, 2012, 11:27:43 am »

Wow i got really sad today, never go on the hidden web unless your searching for a specific thing, its not a place to surf.
Especially not the imageboards, they are full of kiddies and animal gore. No fucking way.

But i found some good texts on electrical repairing and a "Robotics for dummies" kind of book. And a few texts related to my politcal standing point.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42205 on: January 19, 2012, 01:24:01 pm »

My right hand got mangled while working today... deep cuts, and lots of blood lost. I'm not going to be able to work, and odds are I'm going to have permanently lost some finger dexterity. It's still pretty numb. For now I'm fumbling to do things with my left instead.

On the plus side, work covered my expenses, I got my shots updated, and I got to chat with a bright young doctor about the importance of doing what you love, and not just working to live. Also, it's as good an excuse as any to practice ambidexterity!
Damn, bro. Good luck!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42206 on: January 19, 2012, 02:06:22 pm »

I have issues speaking a Dutch/German hybrid language whenever I try to speak either of them. I never should have tried to learn German, I should have relearned French instead.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #42207 on: January 19, 2012, 03:47:33 pm »

My right hand got mangled while working today... deep cuts, and lots of blood lost. I'm not going to be able to work, and odds are I'm going to have permanently lost some finger dexterity. It's still pretty numb. For now I'm fumbling to do things with my left instead.

On the plus side, work covered my expenses, I got my shots updated, and I got to chat with a bright young doctor about the importance of doing what you love, and not just working to live. Also, it's as good an excuse as any to practice ambidexterity!
Damn, bro. Good luck!

I am so sorry.... I really hope something can be done for you and maybe workman's comp? I don't know what to say really. I'm sorry.

Did I miss something, or is this exclamation coming out of the blue?

I've wished I were a dude since I was very young.  Hung out with the boys, sat at the boys' table in elementary school even though they wouldn't talk to me, thought girls were weird and totally alien from me, drew pictures of myself as a boy, hated dolls and the idea that I was supposed to be nurturing, collected clothing that buttoned the other way because it was "boy clothing," blah-de-blah.  Hell, I even tried to get my mom to buy me boy's underwear... I only wanted it because it was in bright primary colors, though.  In time, I learned to sit and walk in a more feminine way, so life got easier.  Not to mention pretending to be a guy when I got on here... ha ha ha =/

Usually, I don't think about it, so I don't call myself transgendered, and I often enjoy being a girl.  Today it sucks and I irrationally hate the everloving snot out of my body.

For what it's worth, I know how that feels in so many ways only in reverse I guess.... [hug]
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 04:01:15 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42208 on: January 19, 2012, 04:04:51 pm »

Just found out the seperate worlds of my friendspheres are about to collide tomorrow.

The worlds are colliding, Jerry!
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42209 on: January 19, 2012, 07:04:54 pm »

Just overheard a conversation being yelled across the house.

"How long did you put this in for?"
"You said twenty."
"I said THIRTEEN TO SIXTEEN. How does that sound like twenty?"
"I'm old."
"..."

This does not give me confidence about the edibility of the dinner I'm about to have.
Pages: 1 ... 2812 2813 [2814] 2815 2816 ... 8156