Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3317 3318 [3319] 3320 3321 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8573931 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #49770 on: August 03, 2012, 11:55:25 pm »

Ah, biblically. :D

Edit: I think we may have scared someone I consider an online friend away from Spearbreakers. :( I is very sad over this, I hate it when groups end up alienating people because of differences.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49771 on: August 04, 2012, 12:47:11 am »

I just want to go through one good day without doing something stupid that ruins it all, and sticks in my mind and makes me hate myself.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49772 on: August 04, 2012, 12:54:54 am »

Got home from work this afternoon to find my transmission holding fluid about as well as sieve... Fan-fucking-tastic...  :(
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #49773 on: August 04, 2012, 03:10:21 am »

If it's of any consolation: chances are that most of the traits you love about her are projections of your expectations upon a desirable external body, rather than necessarily real traits of her...

IMO relationships arise more often from continuous dealings with people in your environment than from sudden crushes.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49775 on: August 04, 2012, 05:43:57 am »

So, was a this festival last night, it was quite good for the most part, when the main band was performing, but the guys that came before them, dear god they were horrible for the most part. I saw, and heard for the first time how much one can ruin perfectly good punk music, by adding to it mopey love lyrics, the whole thing ends up quite wierd and deformed, you want to jump and dance and loose your shit to the tune, but the dude then starts singing and you're kinda stopped dead in your tracks wondering what the hell are you doing there.

Also, I apparently lost my keys there, and I had such a nice little flashlight keychain :(
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49776 on: August 04, 2012, 05:50:11 am »

I am not doing well in Algebra. This scares the creeple jeebles out of me. I mean, what if I fail?

Can't afford another 2 semesters worth of time repeating the same subject (that I loathe).
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49777 on: August 04, 2012, 01:14:19 pm »

Spend some extra time studying and you miight be able to increase your homework and test grades a bit, and that might keep you at a C.  I was surprised how much a few minutes of studying before a test helped.

You do still have another chance though even if you do fail it, sucks to have to waste another semester, but in my experience you can often speak to somebody to get let into a class you don't have prereqs for if you are taking that prereq during the semester.  I actually have a number of classes that require college algebra as a prereq completed and passed, but haven't actually passed college algebra yet.  (God I hate irrelevant math)

Though still try to pass it.  I failed College Algebra twice, once with an F, and once with a D that they don't consider passing.  And the school has a policy where if you fail a class twice you have to pay double to re-take it, you don't want to get to that point.  My Fall 2012 Math class costs more than all the other classes I have that semester combined, and I'm trying my darnedest to pay for classes myself without government aid or loans. :(

Study more, especially for a little bit before starting any graded assignment.  Might do a bit better on the assignment if you warm up a bit first.  But there are options in case you do fail that can lessen how much you get held back by it.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #49778 on: August 04, 2012, 01:17:00 pm »

And when it comes to homework, do that. Then, when you finish, continue on and do all the problems in that chapter of the textbook regardless of whether they were assigned or not.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49779 on: August 04, 2012, 05:23:52 pm »

So because the connection at home was proving so unreliable, and because I was feeling nervous about having a live audience, I decided to try doing a let's play instead of a livestream. But I couldn't really do it at home because there's so much frigging noise around here, and when I decided to try doing it at a friend's house today but the recording software was acting up on my laptop, and there was a lot of issues with sound quality, I thought that recording on my laptop would be better because of how noisy my desktop tends to be, but for some reason (either because I wound up using a different recording program or for whatever other reason), the sound quality was far worse. The microphone was picking up on lots of background noise and I was coming through all fuzzy.

The universe really doesn't want me to do this thing it seems.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #49780 on: August 04, 2012, 05:25:34 pm »

If it's of any consolation: chances are that most of the traits you love about her are projections of your expectations upon a desirable external body, rather than necessarily real traits of her...

IMO relationships arise more often from continuous dealings with people in your environment than from sudden crushes.

I'm entirely aware of this. Only too aware of this. This is just a highly, highly, HIGHLY emotional long-term crush. That's why it's horrible.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49781 on: August 04, 2012, 05:47:03 pm »

I had one of those once

ended in a hilariously embarrassing way :P

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49782 on: August 04, 2012, 06:04:29 pm »

50000 posts in this thread.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49783 on: August 04, 2012, 06:14:53 pm »

50000 posts in this thread.
Think of it this way: sure, those things happened, but that's also (somewhat less than) 50000 chances people had to vent and possibly get help to make their situation better. A lot of people don't get that chance.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49784 on: August 04, 2012, 07:03:09 pm »

Also this thread's almost three years old. Also also there's occasionally discussion of sads, not just more sads.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 3317 3318 [3319] 3320 3321 ... 8156