Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3318 3319 [3320] 3321 3322 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8471010 times)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #49785 on: August 04, 2012, 07:10:19 pm »

Dammit, stop making me not sad! Now I'm all happy and stuff.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #49786 on: August 04, 2012, 08:22:44 pm »

Tried to find someone to hang out with tonight all day, but nope. No parties, and everyone who's in a relationship is going out on a date. I'm sitting here alone watching the oven for two of those people. This is not what I wanted to be doing right now.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49787 on: August 04, 2012, 09:29:50 pm »

Videos like that are why Retsupurae is seriously needed.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49788 on: August 04, 2012, 10:44:20 pm »

Feeling really depressed, and nothing is really holding my interest long enough to distract me at all.

Also my CK2 game kept trying to REALLY screw me over. After a load of shenanigans where I arrested a bunch of people and revoked a bunch of titles which led to a big ol' civil war, I managed to get my granddaughter the empress elected as the king of Italy. I then swapped Italy to primogeniture succession, then fight off a bunch of rebellions.

Then I realized that the empress, in her great wisdom, had decided to set city taxes to minimum... Understand that since I had Venice and Genoa and various other cities in my demesne that had been maxed out in terms of wealth production this meant that my income was basically cut by 2/3rds. Which meant that a large amount of my power base was gone. She had also decided to start a vote to get to absolute power in the empire, which I couldn't cancel, and stood no chance of winning, not especially now I've pissed off most of my vassals by swapping a kingdom to primogeniture (I don't know why the king of Serbia got so pissed at me for swapping Italy's succession laws, I can imagine he might not be that happy about it, but a -50 relationship penalty? Really?).

There was also a crusade to take back Greece which had been taken over in a Jihad previously. It wasn't going well, in fact war score was at about -50%. Fortunately I was at that time capable of fielding a pretty big army, especially when I threw in two holy orders. So I crushed the infidels army despite it being twice my size by attacking forces that were moving to join up with it and then luring it into fighting me on advantageous ground, which let me crush their army flat. I was feeling pretty chuffed with myself for single handedly turning this crusade around, and I was about to cry havoc when the crusade suddenly ended and Sweden got Greece... Despite having a rather low war score. I started trying to manoeuvre to gain control of Greece, but all the vassals the Queen of Sweden put there wound up rebelling against her and then a bunch of them started getting gobbled up by infidels again and I had to deal with more rebelling vassals.

Then holy roman emperor finally decided he wanted Italy back... and unfortunately with my coffers running dry and my income crippled I don't think I can hire the mercenaries I need to win.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #49789 on: August 05, 2012, 04:18:16 am »

Well, I've probably either made my friends concerned over my well-being or get the alienated towards me. Basically we were discussing our views on politics, religion and whatnot like we usually do. I just don't normally tell them my full views on things to refrain from being offensive or seem like I'm a depressed sociopath. It just sort of all came out during our latest discussion though, and they were sort of surprised. I went into a tangent, I don't really get to talk about my own actual personal views often seeing as how if I tell my family they'll think I'm either going through a phase of depression or actually say that my opinions are messed up.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49790 on: August 05, 2012, 04:28:53 am »

Well, are they messed up?

First thought that comes to mind is wild misanthropy, but if you care about other people's opinions it's not that (at least not without some cognitive dissonance).
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49791 on: August 05, 2012, 04:33:19 am »

This video. That father's face. I cannot comprehend the pain he was in.

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #49792 on: August 05, 2012, 07:41:21 am »

Ugh, harry potter fanfiction. Some of it is good, but the rest of the stuff reads like it was written by 3 year olds, which would be pretty bad, but worse they usually have such promising plotlines, that I can't follow because of the horribad writing. I'm not just talking spelling mistakes here, though those are pretty awful as well, the worst is the very stilted conversations. Ugh. Admittedly I'm no paragon of literary achievement myself, but still.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #49793 on: August 05, 2012, 09:35:20 am »

Ooh, that reminds me of this fanfic of Portal (2). It's one ideal of a fanfic, in which the characters actually talk and act consistently to the originals', and the story is a logical, plausible and touching continuation of the original. And he writes OK.

Not sad, but just in case there's any Portal 2 fans out there xD

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49794 on: August 05, 2012, 11:06:02 am »

This might be old news, but apparently some creationists don't know how electricity works on a basic level.

The image from their textbook kind of kills me a little inside. The fact that it was written by someone that actually graduated from a university makes it that much more painful.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49795 on: August 05, 2012, 11:07:41 am »

This might be old news, but apparently some creationists don't know how electricity works on a basic level.

The image from their textbook kind of kills me a little inside. The fact that it was written by someone that actually graduated from a university makes it that much more painful.
Ok so if i shout at my computer it turns on from the power of my voice.....
HOLY SHIT IM DRAGONBORN

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #49796 on: August 05, 2012, 11:10:09 am »

HOW? I had electricity first explained to me in fairly good detail in third grade. It's in the curriculum! (In Washington State.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #49797 on: August 05, 2012, 11:16:39 am »

HOLY SHIT IM DRAGONBORN
That was so ... disturbingly funny. People don't say the electromagnetism field of science is almost a 'finished' field now for no reason.
Also, random Bible quote.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #49798 on: August 05, 2012, 11:19:08 am »

Also, Large Hardon Collider.
That thing always makes it impossible for me to seriously read an article.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #49799 on: August 05, 2012, 11:34:48 am »

HOLY SHIT IM DRAGONBORN
That was so ... disturbingly funny. People don't say the electromagnetism field of science is almost a 'finished' field now for no reason.
Also, random Bible quote.
The random Bible quotes are the most important part!
"Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'""Matthew 4:4
As you can clearly see, if not for the random Bible quotes in all their reading material, Fundamentalists would shrivel up and die, as mandated by a literalist interpretation.
Pages: 1 ... 3318 3319 [3320] 3321 3322 ... 8153