Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3635 3636 [3637] 3638 3639 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8570949 times)

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #54540 on: October 21, 2012, 03:28:16 pm »

Today I learned why Spiderbro wasn't in the medicine closet where he usually is; My mom killed Spiderbro. ;~;
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54541 on: October 21, 2012, 03:32:11 pm »

I have no idea who spiderbro is, but he sounds like a cool dude and she should feel terrible for him.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54542 on: October 21, 2012, 03:33:11 pm »

I feel stressed today. I dunno what for. I just feel like there's a random weight on my shoulders and it's making me procrastinate everything.

Meh. I'm off to take a midday nap. Maybe I'll feel better after.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54543 on: October 21, 2012, 04:51:41 pm »

I had a scary dream last night where I was caught in a running of the bulls-type event, and I was in serious danger of getting gored to death. I was hiding in a barn type building with all these other people, and there were these type of wooden trellis doors lined up on one side that the bulls were smashing through. Me and everyone else were bunched up in one corner, and we needed to spread out or the bulls would get us all. We quickly deduce that there's safe spots inbetween the trellis doors cause the bulls would be rushing in too fast to notice us and they can't turn fast enough to gore us if the other bulls are pushing them from behind.

So one guy goes for it and a bull smashes through one of the doors and instantly gores him to death, I go for it after taking an extra second to make sure I wouldn't get insta-gored, and I make it from safe spot to safe spot until I'm in the opposite corner, the absolute safest spot since I won't need to worry about bulls goring me or the people behind me pushing me for the safe spot. So I tuck myself right in there and just watch the bulls go by, and after a few seconds my adrenaline high wears off and I start to notice my surroundings better. I notice that the corner I'm tucked into is filthy and filled with all kinds of spider webs. "Oh, little spiders aren't that bad. You know, compared to angry bulls." I think to myself, but they're everywhere, and I can't see them all, and I'm starting to feel them get under my clothes. Then I focus my eyes on one spider web at my feet, cause in that web is a fracking whole rat that's already been preyed on, and I realize that there's a huge giant spider somewhere around me, and I don't know where it is. I'm just going OHSHIT over and over to myself trying to spot the giant spider's hiding place, and then I wake up.

I'm not even that scared of spiders anymore, but I still have spider nightmares. Oh well, that dream wasn't as bad as the one where I was traversing an old mansion, only to realize that literally everything is made of living spiders, and I was in some kind of horrible spider dimension.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #54544 on: October 21, 2012, 04:55:21 pm »

Well.

Don't think I'll be sleeping tonight. Or possibly ever.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #54545 on: October 21, 2012, 05:08:40 pm »

I have no idea who spiderbro is, but he sounds like a cool dude and she should feel terrible for him.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #54547 on: October 21, 2012, 07:00:28 pm »

"There's obviously some electronics inside of Big Tex that leads to the ability for his mouth to move when he speaks," Glieber said. "I believe there was an electrical short, but that hasn't been confirmed or investigated."
Double passive verb in the same sentence... I think part of my soul just died o_o

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54548 on: October 21, 2012, 07:04:59 pm »

"There's obviously some electronics inside of Big Tex that leads to the ability for his mouth to move when he speaks," Glieber said. "I believe there was an electrical short, but that hasn't been confirmed or investigated."
Double passive verb in the same sentence... I think part of my soul just died o_o
Nah, that's just you subconsciously noticing that you've crossed state lines into Texas.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #54549 on: October 21, 2012, 07:10:04 pm »

when I read stuff like this, I can feel my brain cells dying one by one.
There are faster ways to lose brain cells, so that isn't terrible.

If you guys are so offended by his english, perhaps you are in favor of compulsory Latin? I can personally guarentee that it is helpful with respect to engish tenses.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54550 on: October 21, 2012, 07:11:24 pm »

I took Latin because I hoped it would help with my French.

Needless to say, it was an overwhelming failure.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #54551 on: October 21, 2012, 07:13:24 pm »

Quite. But you do find yourself saying sentences in English like; SO GREAT was his walking, that all the girls wept.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54552 on: October 21, 2012, 07:15:21 pm »

No. I wouldn't know how to quantify walking greatness.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #54553 on: October 21, 2012, 07:18:35 pm »

I think Latin is too outdated to be of much help with modern Romance languages, let alone Germanic ones.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #54554 on: October 21, 2012, 07:22:22 pm »

I think Latin is too outdated to be of much help with modern Romance languages, let alone Germanic ones.
I was refering to the fact that latin verbs require a strong knowledge of english tenses, if you are to translate them with any accuracy.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 3635 3636 [3637] 3638 3639 ... 8156