Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3968 3969 [3970] 3971 3972 ... 7944

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 4529937 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #59535 on: March 12, 2013, 12:57:08 am »

Blurgh. I feel for you, Hans.

My sad seems very minor in comparison to everything, but here goes: I am taking American Literature, Science Fiction, Composition II, and Journalism and Mass Media. The lit classes are, for all intents and purposes, full of annoying, boring, pretentious bullshit to read, Composition has been less about writing and more about reading pretentious bullshit, and Journalism has been about...well, nothing, because the class is nothing but pure, unadulterated chaos. When there is a direction, we "learn" a little bit about advertising, with such activities as "make the boys pose like the girls in advertising to show them how objectified women are!" (Then I get yelled at for playing along, and then I get yelled at for cussing someone out because I actually know what it's like to be objectified. [Until you step in the ring wearing only a pair of spandex underwear with a few hundred to a couple thousand people screaming for blood, you really don't know what a piece of meat feels like.])

In short: I cannot wait for this semester to be over. It is full of blurgh.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59536 on: March 12, 2013, 12:59:50 am »

What I really need is some sort of motivation. I have none, whatsoever.
-Keep out of prison? Eh, prison isn't as bad as people make it out to be, I'd be out really fast too.
-Better my life? I'm happy with not having an amazingly successful life. I just want to be a normal person.
-Get a girl? Huge can of worms to open there.
-Follow my dreams? What dreams?

My sad seems very minor in comparison to everything, but here goes: I am taking American Literature, Science Fiction, Composition II, and Journalism and Mass Media. The lit classes are, for all intents and purposes, full of annoying, boring, pretentious bullshit to read, Composition has been less about writing and more about reading pretentious bullshit, and Journalism has been about...well, nothing, because the class is nothing but pure, unadulterated chaos. When there is a direction, we "learn" a little bit about advertising, with such activities as "make the boys pose like the girls in advertising to show them how objectified women are!" (Then I get yelled at for playing along, and then I get yelled at for cussing someone out because I actually know what it's like to be objectified. [Until you step in the ring wearing only a pair of spandex underwear with a few hundred to a couple thousand people screaming for blood, you really don't know what a piece of meat feels like.])

That's some shit right there. Writing is supposed to be the most creative form of expression available to man, but apparently it's supposed to be boring and pretentious in college.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59537 on: March 12, 2013, 01:02:21 am »

-Keep out of prison? Eh, prison isn't as bad as people make it out to be, I'd be out really fast too.
-Better my life? I'm happy with not having an amazingly successful life. I just want to be a normal person.

That's some shit right there. Writing is supposed to be the most creative form of expression available to man, but apparently it's supposed to be boring and pretentious in college.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #59538 on: March 12, 2013, 01:02:50 am »

Best. Title. Ever.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #59539 on: March 12, 2013, 01:03:36 am »

High school is basically this, only less objectifying and more snotty books.
AND THEY CANCELED THE ONLY CREATIVE WRITING CLASS IN THE SCHOOL
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59540 on: March 12, 2013, 01:13:38 am »

i'm just going to say i know this, mainly for lack of anything more useful to say.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59541 on: March 12, 2013, 01:15:19 am »

i'm just going to say i know this, mainly for lack of anything more useful to say.
Find something interesting to do.
Useful advice, huh?
Sig! Onol

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #59542 on: March 12, 2013, 01:16:42 am »

I've discovered Imgur is just as addictive as Tumblr.

I'll never get my finals done at this rate.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59543 on: March 12, 2013, 01:17:37 am »

I haven't done high school in almost 13 years now. That said, the reading in HS was never really so bad. I'm just kind of pissed because what should be a cool class with interesting subject matter (Science Fiction) has been reduced to "Let's read writers who write about writers!" Of the fifty stories we are reading this semester (including five novels,) only one is Isaac Asimov. No, instead we read a boring short story about a proto-slenderman (The Shadow) and then a treatise by Carl Jung on it. Fuck that nonsense, I want good reading. To be fair, we did read Wells' "Time Machine" and we're doing "War of the Worlds", but dammit, I read those twenty years ago!

Also, in the case of crappy classes that look cool: we're supposed to be learning about what it's like to work in Media in my Journalism class. What did we do last class? We had a scavenger hunt! We got to look over a bunch (and I mean a bunch) of junk mail, see how it's presented, and get points for how it's put together! What does this mean? Luck based mission that has nothing to do with what the class is supposed to be about. If this is what it's like to work in media, (here, do pointless busywork all day!) I'm going to punch someone in the throat.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 01:20:51 am by MaximumZero »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59544 on: March 12, 2013, 01:19:40 am »

I haven't done high school in almost 13 years now. That said, the reading in HS was never really so bad. I'm just kind of pissed because what should be a cool class with interesting subject matter (Science Fiction) has been reduced to "Let's read writers who write about writers!" Of the fifty stories we are reading this semester (including five novels,) only one is Isaac Asimov. No, instead we read a boring short story about a proto-slenderman (The Shadow) and then a treatise by Carl Jung on it. Fuck that nonsense, I want good reading. To be fair, we did read Wells' "Time Machine" and we're doing "War of the Worlds", but dammit, I read those twenty years ago!
Yep. The only books I had to read in English were so boring that I fell asleep in the middle of class while reading them.
Sig! Onol

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59545 on: March 12, 2013, 01:21:02 am »

I'm thinking of sigging this.
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59546 on: March 12, 2013, 01:22:15 am »

I'm thinking of sigging this.
Apparently you didn't have to think hard. :P

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59547 on: March 12, 2013, 01:43:24 am »

I have poor impulse control.
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59548 on: March 12, 2013, 01:50:49 am »

I have poor impulse control.
That's okay, bud, we still love you.

Boea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59549 on: March 12, 2013, 02:20:00 am »

I like page 3970, what I don't like is how imgur turns out to be the genesis of most of my interesting transactions outside of work.
That being said, getting sent home for a day was probably the best day I've had in months.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 02:57:19 am by Boea »
Pages: 1 ... 3968 3969 [3970] 3971 3972 ... 7944