Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3932 3933 [3934] 3935 3936 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8471134 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #58995 on: March 12, 2013, 01:15:19 am »

What I really need is some sort of motivation. I have none, whatsoever.
-Keep out of prison? Eh, prison isn't as bad as people make it out to be, I'd be out really fast too.
-Better my life? I'm happy with not having an amazingly successful life. I just want to be a normal person.
-Get a girl? Huge can of worms to open there.
-Follow my dreams? What dreams?

i'm just going to say i know this, mainly for lack of anything more useful to say.
Find something interesting to do.
Useful advice, huh?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #58996 on: March 12, 2013, 01:16:42 am »

I've discovered Imgur is just as addictive as Tumblr.

I'll never get my finals done at this rate.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58997 on: March 12, 2013, 01:17:37 am »

High school is basically this, only less objectifying and more snotty books.
AND THEY CANCELED THE ONLY CREATIVE WRITING CLASS IN THE SCHOOL
I haven't done high school in almost 13 years now. That said, the reading in HS was never really so bad. I'm just kind of pissed because what should be a cool class with interesting subject matter (Science Fiction) has been reduced to "Let's read writers who write about writers!" Of the fifty stories we are reading this semester (including five novels,) only one is Isaac Asimov. No, instead we read a boring short story about a proto-slenderman (The Shadow) and then a treatise by Carl Jung on it. Fuck that nonsense, I want good reading. To be fair, we did read Wells' "Time Machine" and we're doing "War of the Worlds", but dammit, I read those twenty years ago!

Also, in the case of crappy classes that look cool: we're supposed to be learning about what it's like to work in Media in my Journalism class. What did we do last class? We had a scavenger hunt! We got to look over a bunch (and I mean a bunch) of junk mail, see how it's presented, and get points for how it's put together! What does this mean? Luck based mission that has nothing to do with what the class is supposed to be about. If this is what it's like to work in media, (here, do pointless busywork all day!) I'm going to punch someone in the throat.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 01:20:51 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #58998 on: March 12, 2013, 01:19:40 am »

High school is basically this, only less objectifying and more snotty books.
AND THEY CANCELED THE ONLY CREATIVE WRITING CLASS IN THE SCHOOL
I haven't done high school in almost 13 years now. That said, the reading in HS was never really so bad. I'm just kind of pissed because what should be a cool class with interesting subject matter (Science Fiction) has been reduced to "Let's read writers who write about writers!" Of the fifty stories we are reading this semester (including five novels,) only one is Isaac Asimov. No, instead we read a boring short story about a proto-slenderman (The Shadow) and then a treatise by Carl Jung on it. Fuck that nonsense, I want good reading. To be fair, we did read Wells' "Time Machine" and we're doing "War of the Worlds", but dammit, I read those twenty years ago!
Yep. The only books I had to read in English were so boring that I fell asleep in the middle of class while reading them.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58999 on: March 12, 2013, 01:21:02 am »

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."

I'm thinking of sigging this.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59000 on: March 12, 2013, 01:22:15 am »

I'm thinking of sigging this.
Apparently you didn't have to think hard. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59001 on: March 12, 2013, 01:43:24 am »

I have poor impulse control.
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59002 on: March 12, 2013, 01:50:49 am »

I have poor impulse control.
That's okay, bud, we still love you.

Boea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59003 on: March 12, 2013, 02:20:00 am »

I like page 3970, what I don't like is how imgur turns out to be the genesis of most of my interesting transactions outside of work.
That being said, getting sent home for a day was probably the best day I've had in months.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 02:57:19 am by Boea »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #59004 on: March 12, 2013, 10:14:14 am »

Well... I guess my foggy future is making me depressed again.

... Dx

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59005 on: March 12, 2013, 10:33:43 am »

So is mine. I mean, not sure exactly what's going on with you, but I'm feeling a bit depressed at the moment myself. :-/
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59006 on: March 12, 2013, 10:34:28 am »

I have achieved breaking and mending my brothers' relationships with each other. One was filled with doubts of the other doing something to break his life. Which I caused, by the way. By telling the elder that the younger had been doing something, I created a rift between the two of them. Now, I made up a very huge problem, by fueling the younger with hatred for the elder.

Of course, they put two-and-two together, and have figured out that I've been ruining them both. What happened to me? What happened to my sanity? These guys were faultless, yet I broke them.

At least I managed to mend their relationship, and that's all that matters.

TL;DR: I'm a horrible person.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59007 on: March 12, 2013, 10:37:03 am »

Spam made it through the filters, with a link that a simple mouseover reveals to go to a site labeled "formulaonehax.com".

So fucking blatant even a Nigerian prince with a fat bank account could spot it a mile away. How many trained government employees with security clearances do you think clicked on it?  :'(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59008 on: March 12, 2013, 10:45:21 am »

Spam made it through the filters, with a link that a simple mouseover reveals to go to a site labeled "formulaonehax.com".

So fucking blatant even a Nigerian prince with a fat bank account could spot it a mile away. How many trained government employees with security clearances do you think clicked on it?  :'(
A bunch that need to be fired for their indiscretion.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59009 on: March 12, 2013, 11:00:57 am »

A bunch that need to be fired for their indiscretion.
THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING!! "Oh you clicked on the link? There's the door. Pack your shit and head for it."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 3932 3933 [3934] 3935 3936 ... 8153