Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3977 3978 [3979] 3980 3981 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8471266 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #59671 on: March 27, 2013, 03:46:13 am »

My parents have decided to change the password on the router and cut off my ADSL line
Its a punishment that will last for an indefinate period of time.

My phone will also have its subscription cancelled. That means that when this month ends i will have no access to the internet.

I have decided to give up my fight for keeping my only hobby and contact to the outside world, my only virtue and the only thing that keeps me from killing myself.
I cant fight any more. I dont want to.

Theu say its no punishment and only to shake off my socalled addiction and to earn some respect to my parents. But all they do is hurt me and make me lonely.

Egads.  I can relate to this.  I've always had a good relationship with my parents, but the internet is one thing we clashed heavily on for a couple years.

I get that they're not the most understanding, but have you explained to them how lonely you are?  That the internet alleviates your loneliness, and that this is extremely important to your health?  I never explained this to my parents directly until many years later, and a lot of fighting probably could have been avoided if I had.  They thought I was just being irresponsible.  They didn't understand that I really valued the people I met online, and considered them the first real friends I'd had in about 7 years.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #59672 on: March 27, 2013, 05:36:33 am »

My parents have decided to change the password on the router and cut off my ADSL line
Its a punishment that will last for an indefinate period of time.

My phone will also have its subscription cancelled. That means that when this month ends i will have no access to the internet.

I have decided to give up my fight for keeping my only hobby and contact to the outside world, my only virtue and the only thing that keeps me from killing myself.
I cant fight any more. I dont want to.

Theu say its no punishment and only to shake off my socalled addiction and to earn some respect to my parents. But all they do is hurt me and make me lonely.

Egads.  I can relate to this.  I've always had a good relationship with my parents, but the internet is one thing we clashed heavily on for a couple years.

I get that they're not the most understanding, but have you explained to them how lonely you are?  That the internet alleviates your loneliness, and that this is extremely important to your health?  I never explained this to my parents directly until many years later, and a lot of fighting probably could have been avoided if I had.  They thought I was just being irresponsible.  They didn't understand that I really valued the people I met online, and considered them the first real friends I'd had in about 7 years.

I explained them directly. They persist. They believe computers are harmful to my health and they dont understand the consequences.

In retalitation i have decided to starve myself to death and ignore their orders.

All i did was sit on irc talking with you guys.

Its fucking stupid and even if its not a punishment they cant treat me like that. I mean come on its my computer and they dont even pay for our internet.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59673 on: March 27, 2013, 05:39:56 am »

Or you could go outside for a bit.  C'mon, there's more to life than computers.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #59674 on: March 27, 2013, 05:49:02 am »

Except that everyone outside my house hates me.
That was very insensitive. But you shouldnt really care because in a few days im gone for good.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #59675 on: March 27, 2013, 05:56:08 am »

Making quite the leap of judgment there.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59676 on: March 27, 2013, 05:57:19 am »

That was very insensitive. But you shouldnt really care because in a few days im gone for good.

*throws up hands*

All right, bed time for Vector.  Got no more fucks to give for all the gory sorrows of the world.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59677 on: March 27, 2013, 05:59:00 am »

Bed time? I thought you lived in the Untied Stakes of Amsterdam?
Shouldn't it be day time there?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59678 on: March 27, 2013, 05:59:57 am »

It's 4:20 in the morning in California.  What, you think I can sleep?  I keep hearing trains.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59679 on: March 27, 2013, 06:02:58 am »

It is about 10 pm here in Austria. I would sleep, but my insomnia has been getting progressively worse, and I know this feeling. Won't be a good night.
In the words of Adam Young, I'm too tired to fall asleep.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #59680 on: March 27, 2013, 06:06:19 am »

I explained them directly. They persist. They believe computers are harmful to my health and they dont understand the consequences.

In retalitation i have decided to starve myself to death and ignore their orders.

All i did was sit on irc talking with you guys.

Its fucking stupid and even if its not a punishment they cant treat me like that. I mean come on its my computer and they dont even pay for our internet.

I don't know you very well, so all I can say is this.

You're not going to be stuck with your parents forever.  No matter how much this situation sucks, it's temporary.  If you destroy yourself, you're throwing away a lot of better years.  I won't make some stupid promise to you that your adult life is going to be wonderful, but you will eventually have more control over your own life and it will be better.

Don't let the gravity of the present steal your perspective away from you.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 06:10:47 am by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59681 on: March 27, 2013, 06:08:11 am »

Except that everyone outside my house hates me.

Everyone on this forum is a real person who lives outside your house.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59682 on: March 27, 2013, 06:08:51 am »

4:20 in California? But the clock now says 4:06 AM.

Oh wait, Vector must be a time traveler. It all makes sense now. As much sense as anything 4 in the morning makes anyhow.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59683 on: March 27, 2013, 06:09:39 am »

Everyone on this forum is a real person who lives outside your house.
Well... Not exactly.

I watch you sleep DrPoo.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59684 on: March 27, 2013, 06:15:47 am »

4:20 in California? But the clock now says 4:06 AM.

Oh wait, Vector must be a time traveler. It all makes sense now. As much sense as anything 4 in the morning makes anyhow.

My computer was bought defective and the clock is constantly mildly fucked up.

It is about 10 pm here in Austria. I would sleep, but my insomnia has been getting progressively worse, and I know this feeling. Won't be a good night.
In the words of Adam Young, I'm too tired to fall asleep.

Yeah.  I wish I could do something, but my friends who were going to go play laser tag with this guy just don't seem to care that he's, you know, train'd.  They apparently didn't have enough relationship to actually care, and I had even less relationship so I'd feel like a dick telling my IRL friends "hey, someone I spent all day every day with in class for two years decided it was time to kick off this mortal coil."

Why don't they care?  I don't really understand.  This is nasty young-person-of-my-near-acquaintance death no. 5 for me, and I still manage to care.  Heck. . . this is suicide #5 at that spot so far this year.  Last year there were 12.  Young people.  That's the way things work in this town.  Young people kill themselves at the tracks.

The other small-friends forum I post at: my friend whose cat died was (rightfully) given reams of attention, but no one seems to care when my friends and relatives die.  Including my former best friend.  How can human beings abandon each other so fully?  Did I do something wrong?  That's a question I keep asking myself.

I don't know what to say, really.  I feel like my brain is unraveling a little, and I keep talking because I just want someone to realize that this actually matters.

Pages: 1 ... 3977 3978 [3979] 3980 3981 ... 8153