Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4068 4069 [4070] 4071 4072 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8578299 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #61035 on: May 01, 2013, 12:21:47 am »

Yeeeaaa...
Java is a little more solid than Python. You can't pull the same stuff that python lets you do. There are rules now.

Do you know c#? Java and c# are very, very similar in a lot of ways. Even c++ would help you out here more than python.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61036 on: May 01, 2013, 12:22:12 am »

You aren't a moron, you just don't know Java. Jesus Vector, there are dozens of programming languages in usage, this isn't some major deficiency.

Learn enough Java or find someone who wants their projects done in Python, but whatever you do don't go stressing over circumstances that aren't even under your control.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61037 on: May 01, 2013, 12:24:48 am »

Aw man, that really sucks.

Resumes can be a pain in the ass, getting down to little details like that. You should probably wanna work out (or in) some details.

psst metal, he's not calling himself a moron for not knowing Java. He's embarrassed about having led someone to believe he knew Java.
Bay12 pushed self into fruit math. Tuck Lion was just the mechanism for bay12's latent fruit-math fetish.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #61038 on: May 01, 2013, 12:25:46 am »

Aw man, that really sucks.

Resumes can be a pain in the ass, getting down to little details like that. You should probably wanna work out (or in) some details.

psst metal, she's not calling herself a moron for not knowing Java. She's embarrassed about having led someone to believe she knew Java.
Fixed, unless I've mixed up genders again.
That did not go well the first time...
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61039 on: May 01, 2013, 12:26:59 am »

Trust me, I wasn't intentionally misrepresenting myself.  Just needed a bit of a reality check.

I put down "some Java," but my idea of "some" was clearly wrong >_>  I was really scraping the bottom of the barrel for things that a software company might be interested in.

You aren't a moron, you just don't know Java. Jesus Vector, there are dozens of programming languages in usage, this isn't some major deficiency.

Learn enough Java or find someone who wants their projects done in Python, but whatever you do don't go stressing over circumstances that aren't even under your control.

Yeah, sorry.  I feel sort of guilty for the misrepresentation and have not been able to find anyone who was interested in Python, so currently I am betting I am going to graduate, take five days, and then go home and start learning Java, C++, and some flavor of Ruby.

@Xantalos--yes, you're right.  This time :3
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61040 on: May 01, 2013, 12:27:14 am »

Well you know, I like to think of it as a compliment when somebody gets my gender mixed up now and then. It means I'm not a hardcoded stereotype.

ps sorry vector I thought it said "victor"
Bay12 pushed self into fruit math. Tuck Lion was just the mechanism for bay12's latent fruit-math fetish.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #61041 on: May 01, 2013, 12:27:57 am »

@Xantalos--yes, you're right.  This time :3
Okay. Which one was that pomegranate flavored one?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61042 on: May 01, 2013, 12:28:38 am »

Tuck_lion, I think.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61043 on: May 01, 2013, 12:30:21 am »

I'm brand-new; you can't already be testing me for how fruity I am.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61044 on: May 01, 2013, 12:30:50 am »

You'd be surprised, babe ;)

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61045 on: May 01, 2013, 12:32:18 am »

You'd be surprised, babe ;)
I wouldn't. I hang out with furries. I really wouldn't, darling.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61046 on: May 01, 2013, 12:32:31 am »

We wouldn't be doing out job if we didn't have quantised measurements of all members fruiticity on record.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61047 on: May 01, 2013, 12:35:20 am »

ps sorry vector I thought it said "victor"

Yeah, that was intentional.  I've actually had numerous folks guess wrong on my gender in real life, too--even back when I had hair down to my ankles and wore long skirts all the time.  So, don't worry about that too much.

Tuck_Lion

• Bay Watcher
  • pass the lodestar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61048 on: May 01, 2013, 12:36:03 am »

What else do you have then?

Teeth-prints? 3D models of my hair?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61049 on: May 01, 2013, 12:38:21 am »

We find keeping actual, physical models of hair takes up far too much space, especially as we like to keep instances over time. We would need a warehouse for all those! Instead we just digitize it these days and keep your hair records in our database.

We still keep old fashion teeth prints though, despite my petitions to modernize.
Pages: 1 ... 4068 4069 [4070] 4071 4072 ... 8156