Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4241 4242 [4243] 4244 4245 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8599308 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #63630 on: July 13, 2013, 04:57:56 am »

My father now refuses to acknowledge my existence.
Yaaaaay for family trust.
I know what you're feeling. My father disowned me and refuses to acknowledge my existence as well.
It's not quite to the point of me being kicked out or anything, but he's apparently pretending I'm not there.
Well I hope it all works out for you either way.
Well, the way it looks currently the parents ate going to seperate ... again.
Ah well.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63631 on: July 13, 2013, 06:32:19 am »

My father now refuses to acknowledge my existence.
Yaaaaay for family trust.
I know what you're feeling. My father disowned me and refuses to acknowledge my existence as well.
It's not quite to the point of me being kicked out or anything, but he's apparently pretending I'm not there.
Well, you know, that's very mature of him. Instead of actually trying to work out problems, everyone should just pretend they aren't there. That will make them go away faster.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #63632 on: July 13, 2013, 06:35:23 am »

Well, you know, that's very mature of him. Instead of actually trying to work out problems, everyone should just pretend they aren't there. That will make them go away faster.
How do you work out a problem that isn't there?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63633 on: July 13, 2013, 06:39:56 am »

How do you work out a problem that isn't there?
Exactly. You don't need to work it out, because as far as you're concerned it doesn't exist. Oh, and while you're at it, start ignoring all the people who point out your problem, too.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #63634 on: July 13, 2013, 10:48:34 am »

Friend of mine has got into self-help books and linked me to watch some videos by a guy he likes. Keeps getting angry with me because I haven't yet and accusing me of not respecting his beliefs. I explain that I barely watch anything these days and haven't made time for it yet, but it's not enough and he wants to know why. I explain that over my life I've regularly have people suggesting various life changing stuff to me, from evangelical Christianity to pick-up artist shite, and that it's not left me very eager for similar. He takes affront to me suggesting that his push to introduce me to his newfound ideas is anything like the push I experienced from friends of faith because his are based in reality. It doesn't help that what little he has told me about I disagree with (apparently disagreement with these ideas stem from a persons ego and they'd see the truth of it without).

I'm not eager for similar because newer stuff is almost always just rehashes of stuff I've already read, and more importantly it leads to arguments when I'm asked what I think. I don't mind arguing, but this kind of thing always ends in a lousy debate, being accused of being closed minded, and being told to wake up ::). I would agree that refusing to watch at all would be closed minded, but I still plan to give it a go.
What is it? Maybe someone here has experience therein and can offer advice?
I'm not sure what advice can be offered on the basis of the videos' content. I expect he'll continue getting shitty with me until I watch them because he expects them to have the same impact on me as on him. I'll link them anyway.

It all stems from him getting into the pick-up artist thing. He knows how I feel about this and was at pains to explain this guy wasn't like the worst and that his videos are about improving your life in general despite their focus on "the game". This is the guy's YouTube channel. Of the guy's videos said friend most recently linked this video and this one.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #63635 on: July 13, 2013, 12:10:06 pm »

My mom just washed my phone. Fuck!
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63636 on: July 13, 2013, 12:27:12 pm »

Monday. Goddamn Monday is the mechanic's best guess for when my trainer's truck will be finished. It's been more than a week at this company and I haven't even set foot inside a truck yet.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #63637 on: July 13, 2013, 01:20:40 pm »

... thirty years later, retirement rolls around. You'll be the most senior trucker in that company, despite having never driven a truck for them (or anyone else).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63638 on: July 13, 2013, 01:21:59 pm »

Thanks, I needed the chuckles :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63639 on: July 13, 2013, 01:43:20 pm »

It will be one day from retirement, and one will drop on your head.
This is a blank sig.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63640 on: July 13, 2013, 02:23:26 pm »

I am legit having the very worst PMS I have ever had in my entire life.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63641 on: July 13, 2013, 02:32:11 pm »

Was it somehow inspired by the recent debate?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63642 on: July 13, 2013, 02:35:48 pm »

At least you're not in Texas.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63643 on: July 13, 2013, 03:14:19 pm »

Yeah, if I were in Texas they'd probably pass a rule requiring federal tracking of menstrual cycles and women PMSing and menstruating not being allowed near anything ever.

But the truth is, I normally get a little ornery around now.  No, it's the clusterfuck of things going badly at work (they'll be better on Monday, though), not being able to eat well, having a very sedentary lifestyle right now due to my nightmare commute, aching back, knees, ankles, and shoulders, having eaten dairy in the past week, being socially isolated, jobhunting, and on and on and on forever.  It's the weekend so I want to do stuff because I've been waiting all week to do stuff, but I'm way too tired and ouchy to actually do anything.  Like, mental energy 200%, physical energy 1%.  It's a horrible mismatch.

And Texas.

So I'm going to play Batman a little more and get in bed to hem more skirts and watch some sort of TV show.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #63644 on: July 13, 2013, 04:53:28 pm »

Welp, roommate is coming back tommorrow, not Monday. And I was looking forward for a weekend all by myself god damn it, I needed a break from all the fucking people who annoy me, making lunch without regards to anybodies likes but my own, watching movies without having to answer a million stupid questions because someone is too lazy to pay attention, playing whatever I want without answering a million pointless questions because I know they won't ever play they game, they just want to fucking talk, and pointless talk is the worst kind of talk after gossip.

Fucking hell, can't I just have a bit of alone time when I feel like it? Instead it's lonely most of the time despite being surrounded by people, then when I actually crave alone time it's not going to happen, fucks sake.

Edit:

Also four comments on DArt, a thank you is enough of a response to those, yet I'm terrified of writing that for some reason, putting it off for the past few days :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 4241 4242 [4243] 4244 4245 ... 8156