Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4242 4243 [4244] 4245 4246 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8436963 times)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #63645 on: July 13, 2013, 05:23:52 pm »

At least you're not in Texas.

Having lived in Texas before the recent dose of craziness, I approve of these sentiments.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63646 on: July 13, 2013, 07:20:27 pm »

Earlier today I learned that it's my great-grandma's birthday.
Just now I learned that she might not see her next.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63647 on: July 13, 2013, 07:53:27 pm »

True, I'm not in Texas.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #63648 on: July 14, 2013, 01:07:38 am »

I found out about this: http://news.yahoo.com/jury-reaches-verdict-in-zimmerman-trial-131511601.html by having people call me when I was sleeping complaining that if he gets off, they should get off. Like, maybe 6 guys.... I just... the best part? Forget about all the differences between state laws, how that situation has absolutely no relation to a drunk driving/drug/sex/whatever case, and all that rational stuff, per usual, it's 3 year old, "he got one, so I should too."

I don't even wanna think about Monday. That day is going to be terrible. Not a damn thing is going to get done. It's very likely I'm going to be looked at as an asshole for "supporting the man" or whatever the kids are saying these days. The real irony being, this is exactly what the people saying this of me would want as an outcome in their own criminal trial (see phone calls above). Can't win.

But what really takes the cake, the people calling me up and saying "he got off so I should get off," are protesting the verdict they think entitles them to be acquitted of whatever completely unrelated thing they did.... ??? So, you hate it, but wanna benefit from it, somehow?

I don't like Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law either....
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 01:29:35 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #63649 on: July 14, 2013, 01:18:40 am »

After a 10 hour marathon, I have run out of Franken Fran manga to read. And now have a massive headache from not really moving or getting anything to drink for 10 hours.

Also, Austin Texas isn't too bad a place. It's like the Canada of Texas. As you drive in from elsewhere, the signs by the road change from "Drive safe!" to "Drive Friendly!" And it's full of friendly liberals to gripe to.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63650 on: July 14, 2013, 01:23:48 am »

Ugh, they have those signs in Missouri, too ("drive friendly").

I'm not saying that I hate all the people or locales in Texas, but I am saying that I really don't want to live in a place with such a state government.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #63651 on: July 14, 2013, 01:25:21 am »

It's like the Canada of Texas.
So sigged.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63652 on: July 14, 2013, 08:51:36 am »

I already went to bed a little later than normal, but I'm suffering from extra lack of sleep because someone decided to call the hotel room three times last night. Almost exactly an hour between each call, just enough time to fall asleep without getting a few uninterrupted hours like I believe you're supposed to do. Just...ugh.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #63653 on: July 14, 2013, 11:14:49 am »

After a 10 hoAnd it's full of friendly liberals to gripe to.

Don't you just hate it when you press the key next to the one you want?
Love, scriver~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63654 on: July 14, 2013, 01:42:31 pm »

Sometimes it feels that each day is it's own self-contained uphill climb in self-esteem.

What I mean by that is, is that each day sometimes seems to just start in the gutter, and I need to work hard to get myself up to 'actually functioning' levels of personal self-worth. Once I go to sleep at the end of the day, every personal accomplishment that happened that day is gone, and I have to start anew in the gutter the next day. Sometimes it makes me legitimately hesitant to go to bed some days, just cause I'm on such a good roll and have such good momentum going that I don't want it to end.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #63655 on: July 14, 2013, 02:11:53 pm »

The tooth-flesh of my cat is infected again... There is one last thing we can try that worked for some of our friends, but maybe he'll be have to put down if it doesn't work :'(

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63656 on: July 14, 2013, 03:38:39 pm »

I guess it's just that my loneliness is an omnipresent element in my psyche again. Always lingering and nagging in the back of my head, heckling me at every opportunity. It's emotionally taxing is what it is. I just hate the feeling of floundering through life, never quite sure what I want, or what to do to get the things I'm not sure I want.

I haven't really been participating in OKcupid for awhile now. The internet just seems like a digiital deadend. I guess I'll go out in person today, not really sure where I'm going or what to do, but I'm not sure if it'll be fruitless with how upset I feel.

I want to elaborate further but I can't fucking think with how my dumb bitch Mom is yelling at the moment.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #63657 on: July 14, 2013, 03:45:19 pm »

:C

That's all.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63658 on: July 14, 2013, 05:54:39 pm »

The forum keeps giving me gateways  :'(

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63659 on: July 14, 2013, 06:01:33 pm »

:C

That's all.

This is the most disgustingly fake story I've ever laid eyes on. That's just judging from the writing though, even if it's real, it's sounds really fake.

I mean, serious, I'm an actual person who's never seen his biological father, I have a whole side of my family tree that's full of brothers and sisters that I've never met. If I suddenly met my real Dad and he asked me to look after his other kids, I'd tell him to go fuck himself, cause related by blood doesn't mean shit.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 06:03:04 pm by JoshuaFH »
Pages: 1 ... 4242 4243 [4244] 4245 4246 ... 8153