Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4296 4297 [4298] 4299 4300 ... 7856

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 5106373 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #64455 on: August 25, 2013, 08:13:06 pm »

I have to go back to school in 2 days,   :'(

Which means back to the daily grind of sitting in classes doing nothing all day because every person around me are idiots and the classes are all dumbed down to horrific levels to accommodate that.

And to top things off, I get to attempt to maintain a relationship this year! Woo...

I DON'T WANT TO GROW UP. TAKE ME BACK TO 8TH GRADE AGAIN. 8TH GRADE WAS REASONABLY CHALLENGING AND I HAD A HOT TEACHER.

Yay.
I had my first day last week, and my mind was completely burnt out by the end of the day.  BECAUSE I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.  During the summer I actually learned stuff and thought.  At school I'm learning combinations of numbers and letters that can later be used on a test. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #64456 on: August 25, 2013, 09:17:18 pm »

Yep.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64457 on: August 25, 2013, 09:38:22 pm »

I need to take a break from being INTJ-Vector and be INTP-Vector.  I don't have the energy for the other one right now (it's not natural to me, anyway).

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64458 on: August 25, 2013, 09:51:05 pm »

Someone's trying to get people to troll Bay12 via Omegle again  ::), this time by claiming Toady is a Neo Nazi. I don't understand why people want to do this.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #64459 on: August 25, 2013, 09:54:06 pm »

wat.

Er... should we like pm Toady about this or something to make sure he knows?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64460 on: August 25, 2013, 10:06:34 pm »

The time stamp is, of course, 133[3]7. :U
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64461 on: August 25, 2013, 10:10:48 pm »

Doesn't matter that much. Whomever is behind the "9gagarmy" bullshit has done worse before.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64462 on: August 25, 2013, 10:13:16 pm »

Someone's trying to get people to troll Bay12 via Omegle again  ::), this time by claiming Toady is a Neo Nazi. I don't understand why people want to do this.
Do you suppose they're even using the Toady message gadget someone made a long while back.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64463 on: August 25, 2013, 10:15:57 pm »

Do you suppose they're even using the Toady message gadget someone made a long while back.
That is a bizarrely specific thing to make.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64464 on: August 25, 2013, 10:17:54 pm »

I need to take a break from being INTJ-Vector and be INTP-Vector.  I don't have the energy for the other one right now (it's not natural to me, anyway).
So... what you're saying is you want to shift away from making solid plans ahead of time, to a more adaptive planning style?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64465 on: August 25, 2013, 10:18:30 pm »

Or, you know....Photoshop.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64466 on: August 25, 2013, 10:44:08 pm »

Or, you know....Photoshop.
Well yeah, that's one of the other possibilities, it would have just been sort of humorous to me if it were the case.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64467 on: August 25, 2013, 11:03:27 pm »

So... what you're saying is you want to shift away from making solid plans ahead of time, to a more adaptive planning style?

I need to stop worrying about judging and being judged for a while and just act according to whim.  I'm tired of fighting against everything and ranking things and ordering things.  I don't want to do that.  I need to just be a jellyfish for a while again and stop worrying.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #64468 on: August 25, 2013, 11:26:47 pm »

I need to stop worrying about judging and being judged for a while and just act according to whim.  I'm tired of fighting against everything and ranking things and ordering things.  I don't want to do that.  I need to just be a jellyfish for a while again and stop worrying.
Glowing Vector? I can see the appeal
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64469 on: August 26, 2013, 12:01:28 am »

In my experience I found this sort of thing to be a good idea. Not only because I seem to do better in terms of my relationships with people if I'm not trying too hard, but also because I think jellyfish have got it all figured out. I mean there's a reason they're more or less the same as they were millions of years ago.
Pages: 1 ... 4296 4297 [4298] 4299 4300 ... 7856