Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4338 4339 [4340] 4341 4342 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8474067 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #65085 on: August 25, 2013, 10:15:57 pm »

Someone's trying to get people to troll Bay12 via Omegle again  ::), this time by claiming Toady is a Neo Nazi. I don't understand why people want to do this.
Do you suppose they're even using the Toady message gadget someone made a long while back.
That is a bizarrely specific thing to make.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65086 on: August 25, 2013, 10:17:54 pm »

I need to take a break from being INTJ-Vector and be INTP-Vector.  I don't have the energy for the other one right now (it's not natural to me, anyway).
So... what you're saying is you want to shift away from making solid plans ahead of time, to a more adaptive planning style?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65087 on: August 25, 2013, 10:18:30 pm »

Do you suppose they're even using the Toady message gadget someone made a long while back.
Or, you know....Photoshop.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65088 on: August 25, 2013, 10:44:08 pm »

Or, you know....Photoshop.
Well yeah, that's one of the other possibilities, it would have just been sort of humorous to me if it were the case.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65089 on: August 25, 2013, 11:03:27 pm »

I need to take a break from being INTJ-Vector and be INTP-Vector.  I don't have the energy for the other one right now (it's not natural to me, anyway).
So... what you're saying is you want to shift away from making solid plans ahead of time, to a more adaptive planning style?

I need to stop worrying about judging and being judged for a while and just act according to whim.  I'm tired of fighting against everything and ranking things and ordering things.  I don't want to do that.  I need to just be a jellyfish for a while again and stop worrying.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #65090 on: August 25, 2013, 11:26:47 pm »

I need to stop worrying about judging and being judged for a while and just act according to whim.  I'm tired of fighting against everything and ranking things and ordering things.  I don't want to do that.  I need to just be a jellyfish for a while again and stop worrying.
Glowing Vector? I can see the appeal
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65091 on: August 26, 2013, 12:01:28 am »

In my experience I found this sort of thing to be a good idea. Not only because I seem to do better in terms of my relationships with people if I'm not trying too hard, but also because I think jellyfish have got it all figured out. I mean there's a reason they're more or less the same as they were millions of years ago.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #65092 on: August 26, 2013, 05:53:15 am »

I need to be better at studying. Don't know how.

Also should work on coding projects more :< And finish one, even. Is that too greedy?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #65093 on: August 26, 2013, 07:03:03 am »

None of that is greedy. And being better at studying = retention of what you learned, not exactly hours invested into pouring over books.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65094 on: August 26, 2013, 07:07:11 am »

In my experience I found this sort of thing to be a good idea. Not only because I seem to do better in terms of my relationships with people if I'm not trying too hard, but also because I think jellyfish have got it all figured out. I mean there's a reason they're more or less the same as they were millions of years ago.
Then again there's plenty of things that jellyfish do that you probably don't.
Unless ingesting food through your anus is your thing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #65095 on: August 26, 2013, 07:18:47 am »

Learn to be more tactful Graknorke.

Maybe check what's the cause of all of that and try to see it from an observer's viewpoint on the whole situation?

Wishing you well, all the way, though.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #65096 on: August 26, 2013, 09:37:34 am »

Someone's trying to get people to troll Bay12 via Omegle again  ::) , this time by claiming Toady is a Neo Nazi. I don't understand why people want to do this.
Well, uh, Hmm. This is a more pointless then inviting the Winner of the Coney Island Hot-dog eating contest to a Vegetarian meeting. It will accomplish absolutely nothing.

I need to be better at studying. Don't know how.

Also should work on coding projects more :< And finish one, even. Is that too greedy?
Wish you could be me, I know I'm bad at studying because I dislike doing it and don't put sufficient time into it. Also because I'm disorganized, have poor attention, and a vague sense of pointlessness. On the days I manage to overcome that, I study.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65097 on: August 26, 2013, 09:38:46 am »

Vector is innately likeable.
[Citation needed]

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65098 on: August 26, 2013, 09:44:28 am »

Vector is innately likeable.
[Citation needed]

"Tiruin." "Things that made you sad today thread." Bay12 Forums. Bay12, 2013. Web. 25 August 2013 <http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=43236.msg4533609>.

here's your citation now go back to wikipedia

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65099 on: August 26, 2013, 10:31:57 am »

Then again there's plenty of things that jellyfish do that you probably don't.
Unless ingesting food through your anus is your thing.
It's more of a cloaca really, and people can do that if they really want to.
Pages: 1 ... 4338 4339 [4340] 4341 4342 ... 8153