Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4342 4343 [4344] 4345 4346 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8471105 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #65145 on: August 26, 2013, 11:33:12 pm »

Been sitting alone for lunch period for the first couple weeks of school.. not exactly wanted.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65146 on: August 26, 2013, 11:35:07 pm »

You've already had weeks?

You poor little bastard. D:
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65147 on: August 26, 2013, 11:35:42 pm »

I know ;-;

Oh, another thing: Couldn't think of something that made me happy to put in the Happy Thread.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 11:40:46 pm by Projeck37 »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65148 on: August 26, 2013, 11:45:35 pm »

Been sitting alone for lunch period for the first couple weeks of school.. not exactly wanted.
Gotta say, that's pretty normal for me. Been eating alone for so long I don't understand why its apparently a shameful thing.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65149 on: August 26, 2013, 11:46:31 pm »

Gotta say, that's pretty normal for me. Been eating alone for so long I don't understand why its apparently a shameful thing.
Well, normally I sit with a bunch of people. But for some reason they don't want to sit with me. No idea why.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #65150 on: August 26, 2013, 11:47:59 pm »

The questionnaire isn't great, but it's enough.  It's also fine that the result is parroting your self-perceptions back at you, because the four letters it gives you aren't supposed to shock you with some big reveal about how you're not who you think you are.

The point is to break down what you already know about yourself into a manageable set of basic elements that can be used as a basis for understanding how your style of thinking and experiencing fits together.  From there, it becomes easier to figure out ways to better manage yourself and relate to others. 

For example, I knew for a long time that I didn't like socializing with large groups or heavily structured environments, and put no stock in any forms of tradition or authority without some practical legitimacy.  I didn't know why.  I just had these instinctual reactions to certain situations that formed a pattern.  I had no idea how to relate these things about me to people who were different from me, because I had no basis from which to understand thought structures opposite from my own.  And this was a big deal for me, because I function VERY differently from most people.  I'm an INXP.  Wedged right in-between the two least common types.  Especially where I grew up, I might as well have been an alien. 

Yeah, it's not **science**, but it would have been pretty fucking useful in high school to understand, for one major example, that establishment of pecking order is of highest priority to SJ's.  Meanwhile, my type doesn't even have a concept of pecking order, and it naturally feels unfriendly to me to treat anyone as more or less than equal.  So when half the people in the fucking school came at me with challenges, I didn't understand why.  I thought I'd done something to piss them off, and responded with my version of friendliness, which was to treat them as equal.  I was never interested in fighting for any reason, least of all personal satisfaction.  My obsessive self-analyzation would never allow me to do anything so selfish.  As a result, I endlessly infuriated every SJ in the school and was bullied ruthlessly through most of my public education.  I couldn't figure that shit out for years afterwards, until I discovered MBTI and came to understand how SJs function.

And it's most certainly better than some bullshit about how your destiny is tied to the alignment of the planets on the day you were born or something.  Comparing it to horoscopes is pretty far out there.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 11:50:54 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65151 on: August 26, 2013, 11:48:54 pm »

Well, normally I sit with a bunch of people. But for some reason they don't want to sit with me. No idea why.
Oh. That's different, then.
Have you tried talking to them to find out what's going on?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65152 on: August 26, 2013, 11:50:52 pm »

Oh. That's different, then.
Have you tried talking to them to find out what's going on?
They just refuse to talk to me straight out. I'll get it fixed eventually.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65153 on: August 26, 2013, 11:58:46 pm »

... What did you do!? D:<
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65154 on: August 27, 2013, 12:01:49 am »

I DON'T KNOW DESCAN! DON'T KILL ME PLEASE.

But in all seriousness, I literally have no idea what so ever.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65155 on: August 27, 2013, 06:21:39 am »

School starts tomorrow and I'm stuck between feelings of "Yay, I get to see people again" and "Damn it, I have to see people again."
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65156 on: August 27, 2013, 07:55:50 am »

I do not have the motivation to do a single thing.
There's a bunch of things that I would love to do but I just kind find the will to actually do them.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65157 on: August 27, 2013, 08:35:56 am »

There's a bunch of things that I would love to do but I just kind find the will to actually do them.
I am now trying to mentally will you to punch yourself in the balls.  I will continue to mentally will you to punch yourself in the balls until you get something done.  While you may not punch yourself in the balls, you will now be thinking to yourself every time you're not getting something done: "hey, I'm not getting something done right now.  I lack motivation.  Which means Shakerag is thinking about me and my balls right now.  That kind of creeps me out.  I think I'll go do something so I can stop thinking about Shakerag thinking about my balls."

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65158 on: August 27, 2013, 08:38:47 am »

I am now trying to mentally will you to punch yourself in the balls.  I will continue to mentally will you to punch yourself in the balls until you get something done.  While you may not punch yourself in the balls, you will now be thinking to yourself every time you're not getting something done: "hey, I'm not getting something done right now.  I lack motivation.  Which means Shakerag is thinking about me and my balls right now.  That kind of creeps me out.  I think I'll go do something so I can stop thinking about Shakerag thinking about my balls."

that is the best way to motivate someone through the internet

i hereby pledge that i shall put my insignificant mental support into willing graknorke to punch himself in the balls

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65159 on: August 27, 2013, 09:38:00 am »

that is the best way to motivate someone through the internet

i hereby pledge that i shall put my insignificant mental support into willing graknorke to punch himself in the balls
I hate you all so much.

<33333333
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 4342 4343 [4344] 4345 4346 ... 8153