Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4361 4362 [4363] 4364 4365 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8571283 times)

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KEK in all things.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #65430 on: September 05, 2013, 11:55:59 pm »

I feel you there. I'm either sad, angry, or nothing.
Dwarf Fortress Immortality: Cask of Amontillado-ing all your dwarves.
I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65431 on: September 06, 2013, 12:13:59 am »

I finally asked the woman I'm in love with out today, but she just started dating someone... yesterday.

I've got crippling self doubt, and it took over a month for me to work up the courage to ask her out...But as I said, it was too late.

I feel like my heart was just ripped out of my chest and then crushed.

On top of all the issues happening in my life, I'm probably at the lowest point I've ever been at in a long time.

Foamy, I'm not trying to say I got it worse than you.. but I loved this girl for maybe 3 years. Got the courage to ask her out, and she just straight out said no really quickly. Moral of the story: Don't get too attached, I suppose. *sigh*

I think the lesson I'd take from these is "Don't sit and wait for years to do the things you want to do, express the feelings you need to express, be what you want to be, etc." Patience is good, but always think and act from where you are... don't wait for some nebulous future when things might be better. That way lies valuable time spent dreaming of possibilities that might have never been. Yes or no, it's better to know sooner, so you can plot your new course, yeah?

That said, sorry to hear that... it's a rough thing to go through. Really rough. But keep your eyes and feet pointed forwards, and you'll find new prospects.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #65432 on: September 06, 2013, 12:15:16 am »

No new girl really sticks out like her though.. it's just kinda weird. I dunno why I decided to wait so long..
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65433 on: September 06, 2013, 12:32:12 am »

No new girl really sticks out like her though.. it's just kinda weird. I dunno why I decided to wait so long..

Yes, there is usually breather time between prospects.  I haven't been on a date in 10 months now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65434 on: September 06, 2013, 12:35:30 am »

Never been on a date, nor have I ever kissed a girl. By no love life, I literally meant it sadly.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65435 on: September 06, 2013, 12:37:52 am »

In that case, I wouldn't start with asking a girl you really like.  I'd start with asking a female classmate to go get tea with you, and then make small talk.  Or invite one to a study group, or something.  Start off with getting used to asking other people to do things with you, and dates are a lot easier.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65436 on: September 06, 2013, 12:39:14 am »

Well, that already happened. Wish I had a time machine..

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65437 on: September 06, 2013, 12:47:35 am »

If you're anything like me, it might be because you were worried about what would happen if she didn't like you back. You didn't want to have to give up on that pleasant little "What If" you've been carrying inside you... dancing through that dream each time you run into her. Maybe you've laid restlessly in bed, torn over what to tell her, and how, and when. Rehearsing conversations, trying to build up the courage to say something, reading into the things she's said in hopes of finding a coded message somewhere that confirms what you're hoping for. Comforted by the warmth of that torch you keep carrying for her. Scared you'll learn that she's never felt those same things for you.

Dreaming of all the wonderful things that Might Be can be a very pleasant delusion... but dwelling there, afraid to threaten that dream by seeking the truth, will only hold you back from the chance that it might be real. Sometimes, you just have to act. And sometimes, by acting, we find that those old dreams weren't meant to be. But once you move beyond them, you can try again, somewhere new, and see what you might find. We wake from dreams, never to be able to go back to them... but time will go on, and there will be new dreams. And maybe one of them will turn out to be something real, yeah?

It's said that love is a battlefield. And knowing is half the battle. And forewarned is forearmed. And fourarmed is half an octopus. Therefore, knowing about future love is a skirmish between two half-octopus Battle Chimeras. And that's alright.

P.S. You should stop listening to my advice now.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65438 on: September 06, 2013, 12:54:32 am »

Friggin exhausted. Been up for something like 17 hours, used up ALL of my allowed duty time for the day (and a little more than that), and I'm afraid that tomorrow's appointment time will arrive and I will still be in the middle of my mandatory break.

Just, ugh. Rough start to going solo.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #65439 on: September 06, 2013, 12:57:18 am »

It's said that love is a battlefield. And knowing is half the battle. And forewarned is forearmed. And fourarmed is half an octopus. Therefore, knowing about future love is a skirmish between two half-octopus Battle Chimeras. And that's alright.
Welp.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65440 on: September 06, 2013, 01:00:29 am »

If you keep looking, someday you too will know the joy, tranquility, and inner peace of Quadrapus Chimera Battle.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65441 on: September 06, 2013, 01:26:44 am »

But if you're advising us to not listen to your advice doesn't that mean we should keep listening to your advice?
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65442 on: September 06, 2013, 01:48:23 am »

But if you're advising us to not listen to your advice doesn't that mean we should keep listening to your advice?
Important word bolded for emphasis. Just don't listen to any of Soli's posts after that one.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65443 on: September 06, 2013, 02:09:57 am »

A spam wave is starting.

Also, why do I cry when I'm watching cartoons. :<

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #65444 on: September 06, 2013, 02:10:21 am »

If you're anything like me, it might be because you were worried about what would happen if she didn't like you back. You didn't want to have to give up on that pleasant little "What If" you've been carrying inside you... dancing through that dream each time you run into her. Maybe you've laid restlessly in bed, torn over what to tell her, and how, and when. Rehearsing conversations, trying to build up the courage to say something, reading into the things she's said in hopes of finding a coded message somewhere that confirms what you're hoping for. Comforted by the warmth of that torch you keep carrying for her. Scared you'll learn that she's never felt those same things for you.

Dreaming of all the wonderful things that Might Be can be a very pleasant delusion... but dwelling there, afraid to threaten that dream by seeking the truth, will only hold you back from the chance that it might be real. Sometimes, you just have to act. And sometimes, by acting, we find that those old dreams weren't meant to be. But once you move beyond them, you can try again, somewhere new, and see what you might find. We wake from dreams, never to be able to go back to them... but time will go on, and there will be new dreams. And maybe one of them will turn out to be something real, yeah?

Huh. If the person I felt for were single this advice would be very handy.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 4361 4362 [4363] 4364 4365 ... 8156