Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4411 4412 [4413] 4414 4415 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8436166 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #66180 on: October 01, 2013, 01:28:45 am »

Better than a wood duck!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66181 on: October 01, 2013, 01:30:07 am »

Newts don't talk!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66182 on: October 01, 2013, 01:31:11 am »

Thats it!

*FRAGGLES SMAGGLES DAGGLES BAGGLES BOOM!

You are a talking newt!
That's not what you said.
Sig! Onol

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66183 on: October 01, 2013, 01:34:56 am »

ARGUMENT INVALID
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66184 on: October 01, 2013, 01:37:39 am »

Are you sure? I have the quote right here, and it clearly says:
Thats it!

*FRAGGLES SMAGGLES DAGGLES BAGGLES BOOM!

You are a talking newt!
:P
I kid, I kid.
Sig! Onol

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66185 on: October 01, 2013, 01:46:00 am »

This is newt amusing, you guys.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66186 on: October 01, 2013, 07:31:17 am »

Mmmm... newt.. *Puts salt on it.*
Who has a frying pan?

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #66187 on: October 01, 2013, 07:40:18 am »

This is. Just.
This is the kind of thing Bay 12 does, actually.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #66188 on: October 01, 2013, 07:43:22 am »

Why is Xantalos a newt?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66189 on: October 01, 2013, 07:54:38 am »

Why is Xantalos a newt?
He got better.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66190 on: October 01, 2013, 08:45:28 am »

He got into an argument with A WITCH! A WITCH!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66191 on: October 01, 2013, 12:35:35 pm »

I think the reason I've just been obsessing over my failure with the last girl I dated awhile ago, is that even though I did so well there for a second, it just reinforced alot of cynical beliefs I have about the world, and it's just been tearing me down ever since.

I mean, it's disparaging to just always be thinking that I can try to end my loneliness, but anything I build that's personal, anything intimate... is just frail and weak, liable to just collapse and take me down with it. Even if I do really well, it's like building a house of cards where a small mistake, or even just some shit that's completely out of my control, can just destroy it completely. I just don't even know what I'm living for if what I'm always obsessing about is just something that's so trivial and insubstantial.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #66192 on: October 01, 2013, 01:22:41 pm »

I think the reason I've just been obsessing over my failure with the last girl I dated awhile ago, is that even though I did so well there for a second, it just reinforced alot of cynical beliefs I have about the world, and it's just been tearing me down ever since.

I mean, it's disparaging to just always be thinking that I can try to end my loneliness, but anything I build that's personal, anything intimate... is just frail and weak, liable to just collapse and take me down with it. Even if I do really well, it's like building a house of cards where a small mistake, or even just some shit that's completely out of my control, can just destroy it completely. I just don't even know what I'm living for if what I'm always obsessing about is just something that's so trivial and insubstantial.

Don't think about it that way. Everything we do is trivial and insubstantial to some degree, so it matters less about the greater world and more about you personally. Relationships take a lot of time and effort, often a bit of luck, and are kind of high-risk high-reward endeavors. And as you get better at it, those small mistakes become easier to correct and the foundations of the relationship can become stronger and more resilient.

And you know, the nice thing about it is that if one crashes and burns you can always pick yourself up again, brush yourself off, and try again with another person later on. It can hurt, sure, but you can always recover. And the right person can make the healing process much faster and healthier.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66193 on: October 01, 2013, 01:26:40 pm »

or you could just give up on all that on the assumption that the cost/benefit ratio is too damn skewed towards cost with how incompatible with each other most people are on a personal basis

i give the best advice.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66194 on: October 01, 2013, 02:16:15 pm »

I think it's another one of those things where I feel so different from everyone else in society that I'm alienated out of it. I just feel that other people have this emotional stability that keeps them up, while I'm always getting crushed by stupid shit. Like, an example, I feel that the number of places I 'feel safe' going to is dwindling cause that's where I might bump into one of the girls I dated, or it's a place that reminds reminds me of them and thus stands in memoriam of a personal failure.

It might just be like a psychosis from highschool, where whenever I was rejected there I just could never even look them in the eye again, and I could just never cope with how to deal with it so I spent, literally, months trying to stay out of the social frame. It's something that actually crippled my grades cause in one of my math classes that I shared with one such girl, and I felt perpetually awkward and alienated to the degree where I couldn't pay attention to the teacher or my assignments, and it went on like this for what was probably months until there was like a whole committee of school admins and counselors that basically strongarmed me into telling them the truth. They HAD to strongarm me though, cause I absolutely refused to tell them what was wrong, I refused refused refused for months of what was assuaging, and then interrogation, and then duress to get me to open up, but I wouldn't, cause it was a personal failure to me, so I had to just accept the consequences personally. Telling people about my problems was, in my mind, the epitome of personal failure and I was simply too disgusting to even care about anyway. It was only when they started whipping out the legitimate threats of expulsion that I cracked and told them. I actually had to change classes cause of my petty emotional issues. You can probably tell I was a very confused and sad teenager.

And in a way, it still carries on into my adulthood as I dwell and obsess about things, and things just hit me so hard that I'm always sent reeling for weeks at a time if not more.

Another thing, maybe the reason I stopped seeing my shrink awhile ago is that he made a little comment that went like "You have to want help" or something along those lines, and I was just dwelling on that one line, cause damnit I was paying with my own money, of course I wanted fucking help. Apparently if I don't want fucking help I was just going to stop seeing him, it's not my fault if I can't fucking gear myself up to be in a cheerful mood when I'm getting shrunk.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 02:19:39 pm by JoshuaFH »
Pages: 1 ... 4411 4412 [4413] 4414 4415 ... 8153