Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4470 4471 [4472] 4473 4474 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8470407 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #67065 on: October 30, 2013, 07:24:50 am »

I want to buy a new kitchen but I have no idea where or by whom I could ever buy one :c

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67066 on: October 30, 2013, 07:29:41 am »

are they

are they spreading to australia

or is the australian perth a direct ripoff of a british one (also likely)

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #67067 on: October 30, 2013, 08:02:33 am »

are they

are they spreading to australia

or is the australian perth a direct ripoff of a british one (also likely)

There's a Perth in Scotland, IIRC.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #67068 on: October 30, 2013, 01:57:22 pm »

i think I have reached the point where.... I'm not even sure if I'm being delusional or not anymore. I just have this urge to whine and vent things out, even though I don't really have any real problem apart from the extremely meta problem of me not being sure if I should vent, which is stupid. Some people says I'm too whiny, and some people say that I'm too quiet. It really infuriates me not to know. And again, a lot of people around me doesn't seem to need anyone to talk about their issues to, and they function just fine.

What is also bothering me is that every time I try to vent, I just fail completely to communicate what I'm trying to say, and I just give up and just try to wait for people to ask me, which never work because they have no reason to worry about a stranger on the internet, and as someone on the internet, I just know that.... and by just mentioning that I'm being whiny again.

I want to buy a new kitchen but I have no idea where or by whom I could ever buy one :c
...Aw, you made spambot cry :P
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67069 on: October 30, 2013, 02:36:34 pm »

The reason people don't seem to talk about their problems is because those people don't talk about 'em to you. Hey, looking at this thread, you can see we all need to vent every once in a while. It's normal.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67070 on: October 30, 2013, 02:41:52 pm »

actually i would be willing to speak of the problems without making a personal thread to speak of the problems but it would have a higher rate of spiraling into a shitstorm than an american politics thread at the height of the shutdown if the entire tea party registered here and started slapping bay12 in the face with a trout i believe

maybe not on this account but still

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #67071 on: October 30, 2013, 02:45:49 pm »

Yeah, but thing is, I try to listen to problems, and being an outlet to people is like... what I do. I can't do anything if people don't talk to me.

And I don't see how venting about a problem will incite a shitstorm unless people are just trying to pick a fight to begin with.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67072 on: October 30, 2013, 02:47:43 pm »

Yeah, but thing is, I try to listen to problems, and being an outlet to people is like... what I do. I can't do anything if people don't talk to me.
Are you a therapist?

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #67073 on: October 30, 2013, 02:52:27 pm »

Are you a therapist?
I'm an informal consoler, I'm not trained. I just talk to people as a friend and refer them to therapists if they're willing.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67074 on: October 30, 2013, 04:10:00 pm »

Okay, guys, you do need to keep in mind that you're:
a) Not trained for counseling.
b) Letting people walk on you.
c) Under no actual obligation to listen.

I know you're doing what you think any decent human being should do, but you're still human. You still need to take care of yourselves just as much as you take care of others.

I can say from experience what you're doing leads to self-contempt, jealousy, and pride. You'll hate yourselves for not being able to do more, you'll want something everyone else seems to have, and you'll look down on others for not helping as much as you are.

I'm not saying you shouldn't care about others. I am saying you shouldn't be afraid to help yourselves, too. As a side note, some people require professional help; refer them to a professional instead of trying your own solutions.

I'm saying this not to make you feel bad, but because I've done this in the past and I've had friends who have tried to do this. If someone wants a sympathetic ear, be their friend instead. If someone needs help, unless you have a degree in psychology, you are not that help.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #67075 on: October 30, 2013, 07:22:27 pm »

Contrast. Damnit! Who put these onions on my desk?
So many of the girlygirl problems are social problems holy crap. "finding someone who will love and care for you no matter what?" "trying to forget him but he's all you think about?" "wanting someone to hold you and tell you it will be ok?" Srsly? "wishing summer were over so you can wear your favorite clothes again?" Srsly?

There's more to life than finding a date and amassing tons of friends. If there isn't then I should just quit now, because obviously I'm doing it wrong. This mentality that having as many friends as possible and that "being single is a horrible terrible thing" annoys me to no end. It just seems like an incredibly shallow and insecure mentality that's overly reliant on others and amassing material goods for promoting self-worth.

Whatever, I guess. Rant over. People are weird. Girls are weird. Guys are weird too. People are just weird.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67076 on: October 30, 2013, 07:24:27 pm »

Believe it or not, human interaction is the highlight of many people's existences :P It's certainly high tier in mine.

I take the existentialist approach and just say each to their own, though.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67077 on: October 30, 2013, 07:45:25 pm »

Believe it or not, human interaction is the highlight of many people's existences :P It's certainly high tier in mine.

There are a couple of types of people that I like to interact with, and would happily do so on a routine basis. The other 95% of humanity, however, can piss off.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #67078 on: October 30, 2013, 08:08:27 pm »

Contrast. Damnit! Who put these onions on my desk?
So many of the girlygirl problems are social problems holy crap. "finding someone who will love and care for you no matter what?" "trying to forget him but he's all you think about?" "wanting someone to hold you and tell you it will be ok?" Srsly? "wishing summer were over so you can wear your favorite clothes again?" Srsly?

There's more to life than finding a date and amassing tons of friends. If there isn't then I should just quit now, because obviously I'm doing it wrong. This mentality that having as many friends as possible and that "being single is a horrible terrible thing" annoys me to no end. It just seems like an incredibly shallow and insecure mentality that's overly reliant on others and amassing material goods for promoting self-worth.

Whatever, I guess. Rant over. People are weird. Girls are weird. Guys are weird too. People are just weird.
Hey wait. I don't want amassing of friends (Hell I continue to be surprised that not only do more then 15 people from high school know my name, but the number may be as high as 60 or 70, the vast majority of which I lack knowledge of their name), but this whole being single thing is not all that fun. It's a biological impulse.

People are very varied. Of course, Human Interaction is something I tend to avoid, outside of special circumstances and certain people.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #67079 on: October 30, 2013, 08:09:11 pm »

Well I think I know my limits, and I'm pretty emotionally detached, I mean, I understand people feelings and care for them, but I'm still mostly selfish enough not to drag myself down with them.

I think what had triggered my current train of thoughts is how I realized that I want attention. Like, I want to do something that can actually impress people.

Pages: 1 ... 4470 4471 [4472] 4473 4474 ... 8153