Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4504 4505 [4506] 4507 4508 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8613895 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #67575 on: November 15, 2013, 03:46:28 am »

I have the most utterly stupid sad.

The gore cleanup became a built in part in v19 of brutal doom. What's the point of making all those messes if they don't stick around?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67576 on: November 15, 2013, 03:50:48 am »

Maybe so you can see the new messes you make?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67577 on: November 15, 2013, 07:00:49 am »

have you ever felt that you do not belong on this planet at all

this is what i feel right now. i want to go home except there's no home available other than the one i'm in and apparently it's not home enough since it's on the planet i don't belong on

maybe it's time to transcend reality? i have no clue as to how...

I often feel like I was born in the wrong time. I feel like I would be fit in better in the later years of the Roman Empire, or maybe the Middle Ages. Who knows.
Huh, for me it's probably the 19th century - post-Napoleon, and all the industrialization going on, imperialism still strong, people caring about ideology, and the general spirit of 'nature can suck it, we do what we want'.
I'd probably have died of appendicitis or something as a kid, though, or have spent my life as a coal miner or farmer or (if I got lucky) village priest. Eugh.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #67578 on: November 15, 2013, 07:39:26 am »

My laptop is broken. :\
Well, not really but it won't start now.
It started when my friends wanted me to play League, but it kept crashing, so I told them no. They told me to restart it, but I didn't want to. Bit after a but of thinking, I decided too do it anyway.
After it's really long shutdown phase, I checked back to find it on startup repair. I let it gl and it couldn't find anything to fix. I restarted my computer and it was on startup repair AGAIN. I let it run to no avail. Then again.
I tried to run it in safe mode, but it crashed. I tried to run it again, but I mistyped somewhere and came to a command promote screen asking about partitions. It seemed to loop around on itself, so I hard rebooted my laptop and bow it says it's completely borked and wants my windows install disk.
That mysteriously vanished and the only other disks I've got is for Vista and Win8. So I'm just going to bring it somewhere and hope I can find someone who can install Win7 for me for cheap.
This really sucks. :(
I should also mention that I tried too restore a backup but it couldn't find them on my other drive...

PS Excuse any spelling or grammar mistakes. My phone thinks that to = too for some reason.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #67579 on: November 15, 2013, 08:46:02 am »

The heating is broken. Every year it does this when the boiler is first turned on for winter.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67580 on: November 15, 2013, 08:52:52 am »

The Sri Lankan state right now is like the old Federal Republic of Yugoslavia (Serbia) from the mid '90s under Milosevic still existing, having won the war, and nobody giving a shit.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67581 on: November 15, 2013, 08:57:48 am »

I found a beautiful antique necklace for my girlfriend and stupidly entrusted it to the Postal service. It has since vanished into the aether and will likely never be seen again.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67582 on: November 15, 2013, 09:11:51 am »

I have the most utterly stupid sad.

The gore cleanup became a built in part in v19 of brutal doom. What's the point of making all those messes if they don't stick around?
Yep. As excited as I was, I'm sticking with v18 for the moment. Hopefully some of the bad changes in v19 get reverted (I can't believe he took out the Nazis).
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67583 on: November 15, 2013, 09:21:36 am »

He's doing Brutal Hexen instead of Brutal Heretic. I preferred Heretic to both Doom and Hexen, so that's kind of disappointing.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67584 on: November 15, 2013, 11:56:54 am »

have you ever felt that you do not belong on this planet at all

this is what i feel right now. i want to go home except there's no home available other than the one i'm in and apparently it's not home enough since it's on the planet i don't belong on

maybe it's time to transcend reality? i have no clue as to how...
All the frigging time, and I've often said so. In fact I was just about to post about a dream I had last night which I suspect was all about this.

Basically in my dream everyone was roleplaying as old timey people 1800's though exactly what era they all seemed to be in was kind of eclectic. And I had to pretend to roleplay along with them including acts of sexism and racism, then there was this whole thing where I wanted to go to the bathroom, but they only had these weird novelty bathrooms that were absolutely filthy and had this weird and confusing signs for which I should use... and I basically think the entire thing might have been some kind of metaphor for expression in society around me. That is to say, going to the bathroom being expressing myself as I am, and the whole thing with the dirty and confusing bathrooms, was how I'm lacking in places I feel safe and certain of doing so...

Just a crazy thing I thought I'd share. I think I was actually going to prattle on about something else when I came on here, but I forget what it is now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #67585 on: November 15, 2013, 12:18:05 pm »

Source potentially unreliable, but still.

Scientists accidentally killed oldest known creature.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67586 on: November 15, 2013, 12:21:21 pm »

I am not so lucky as to have a feeling that my current inability to fit in and communicate my feelings and thoughts accurately in a way that other people understand is somehow linked to me not being human.

I think the feeling of being an alien is superior to the feeling of just being inept at being a person :D

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #67587 on: November 15, 2013, 02:05:04 pm »

Source potentially unreliable, but still.

Scientists accidentally killed oldest known creature.
Why would they do that?  ::)

I understand it was by accident, but the way that article says it just makes it sound like they were being reckless, which wouldn't really surprise me.

Also, it sort of amuses me that a clam lived to reach over 500.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #67588 on: November 15, 2013, 02:08:55 pm »

AFAIK, they didn't know they were dealing with the oldest living animal, so they used the standard procedure for opening it up, which is always fatal.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67589 on: November 15, 2013, 02:20:38 pm »

In situations like this i like to imagine the exact wording when they realized their mistake.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."
Pages: 1 ... 4504 4505 [4506] 4507 4508 ... 8156