Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4512 4513 [4514] 4515 4516 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8470488 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you cry like a baby today thread.
« Reply #67695 on: November 19, 2013, 05:04:57 pm »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67696 on: November 19, 2013, 05:35:39 pm »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67697 on: November 19, 2013, 05:47:48 pm »

:c
What's so sad about that?
Applications for next fall are not being accepted yet
I believe that's what's sad.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67698 on: November 19, 2013, 06:09:51 pm »

Wut? I don't get it.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #67699 on: November 19, 2013, 06:19:41 pm »

I read that as 'applications for the next fail' the first time I read this post.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #67700 on: November 19, 2013, 07:32:30 pm »

I spent the day trudging on, with slightly more sleep then the night before, but not much. I finish school, spend hours and hours doing things I can't get out of, then come home to realize my homework  precludes any hope of a restful night. And it is only Tuesday.

Keep trudging on.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #67701 on: November 19, 2013, 08:02:38 pm »

Hello network problems. Even large amounts of posts of text can't be done unless I'm somewhere that's not home >_<
Aaaand due to that, delays happen in scheduled stuff.
Argh.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #67702 on: November 19, 2013, 08:05:41 pm »

Looks like any sort of competitive Magic is dead to me. The FLGS has changed their schedule to put all the weekly games on nights that I work, so in order to play I'd need to arrange scheduling shenanigans. Kind of the only thing keeping me interested anymore. Oh well, I'll save money, I guess.

EDIT: I know it's a dumb thing to be terribly sad over, but I'd kinda psyched myself up for it. First time I'd had the money and time in over a month, and I walk into the store only to find they'd changed the schedule. I'm so irrationally depressed, I'm going to spend all night modding Skyrim instead of doing something productive or that I otherwise won't regret wasting time on tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 08:11:28 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67703 on: November 19, 2013, 11:40:22 pm »

Google is having a sad time today with their spam filter. My inbox is filled with "YOU HAVE A NEW FLIRT IN YOUR AREA SINGLE LONELY LADIES" but an e-mail I was expecting went to my spam box. Stop it, silly site.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67704 on: November 19, 2013, 11:54:08 pm »

They don't even make it clear as to whether they're telling single lonely ladies or whether the single lonely ladies are the new flirt.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #67705 on: November 20, 2013, 05:43:23 am »

Some people argue cost as well, but I've found that depending on how good of a electric razor you get the cost of new blades vs the cost of buying a new electric razor every now and then comes out about the same (though I find the fact that you don't have to keep searching for blades that fit your safety razor a bit of a good for the electric).
Objection:
- Expensive razors aren't that much better (if at all) than disposable ones. So the cost should be negligible in that regard.

- Then again, you don't really need to replace electric razors that much. I still have a functional one that was already old when my father gave it to me as a teen (It might well be older than me, even)

PD:

Some bumrag decided to steal my phone. Normally this wouldn't be a huge problem, since I keep very little personal stuff on there for just this reason...

But I've been in Spain for two months and the phone had all of my travel photos that I was going to show my family. Goddamnit.

Out of curiosity: Where are you?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:45:04 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67706 on: November 20, 2013, 05:46:43 am »

Are we still discussing shaving needs..? Ok cool!

I actually find at least mid range razors to work a lot better for me than the really cheap disposables. Basically the cheapest three blade + strip is what I go for, anything more expensive than that is just sort of a waste, and anything cheaper gives a scrappy shave.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #67707 on: November 20, 2013, 05:54:20 am »

I've never found the extra blades to be good for anything. It's the first one that does 99% of the work, and if it loses sharpness, you might as well change the razor straight away. Back when I used razors, I ended up ditching the three-bladed one I had in favor of one bladed disposable ones which I used once and then ditched.

About three years ago I became fed up with razors altogether, because there's an area in my neck in which no matter how much foam I use (or not), nor how slow I proceed, I end up cutting myself. So I bought a razor and use the sideburn trimmer to keep my perma-stubble at reasonable lenghts

BTW People: What's the difference between foil and rotary? I was thinking in buying a rotary to give it a try (never had one, heard they're relatively better for faster shaves)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #67708 on: November 20, 2013, 06:06:00 am »

Something reminded me of a good friend I've lost contact with.

On the topic of shaving I use a safety razor for my neck and use an electric clipper and a pair of scissors to keep the beard short. Well that's the idea anyway. My beard is out of control right now. When I clean shave I wet shave with a safety razor as I've found them much better than disposable ones.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #67709 on: November 20, 2013, 06:57:06 am »

PD: I just bought and tried a rotary, and in general the experience is better than a foil. IMO.
Pages: 1 ... 4512 4513 [4514] 4515 4516 ... 8153