Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4540 4541 [4542] 4543 4544 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8573460 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68115 on: December 06, 2013, 02:01:42 am »

It's cold. So very, very cold. The electric heater can't keep the house above 45-50F. Having a fire going in the upstairs wood stove doesn't help all that much, and the fan in the main furnace down in the basement is crippled and could violently self-destruct if we turn it on, so there's no point in keeping a fire going down there.

I want another house. One with better insulation, modern heating and air conditioning, and fewer of these fucking heat-venting windows. ;-;
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #68116 on: December 06, 2013, 02:07:07 am »

Have you plastic-wrapped over the interior of the window frames? Probably the only easy thing that'd help, though.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68117 on: December 06, 2013, 02:35:33 am »

oh, and by the by

i'm tired of everything again. first world problems galore, or whatever the fuck these even are, a guy with heart problems and selfdiagnosed schizophrenia is dumping their problems on me and i kindofsortof feel stalked outside that problem dumping but i can't get rid of him because i'm genuinely afraid of being stabbed or something

what i am also tired with is typing "properly" so yeah hans you can stick your nonexistent avatar into a bodily orifice of your choosing i don't think i've ever seen your drawings anyway

also my phone's battery is pisspoor nowadays and there was a snowstorm and it's still windy as all fuck but at least not snowing

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68118 on: December 06, 2013, 02:55:49 am »

oh, and by the by

i'm tired of everything again. first world problems galore, or whatever the fuck these even are, a guy with heart problems and selfdiagnosed schizophrenia is dumping their problems on me and i kindofsortof feel stalked outside that problem dumping but i can't get rid of him because i'm genuinely afraid of being stabbed or something

what i am also tired with is typing "properly" so yeah hans you can stick your nonexistent avatar into a bodily orifice of your choosing i don't think i've ever seen your drawings anyway

also my phone's battery is pisspoor nowadays and there was a snowstorm and it's still windy as all fuck but at least not snowing

You... you're giving up grammar?

YOU'RE NOT A TRUE GENTLEMAN! REMOVE THAT HAT IMMEDIATELY!

*runs off and cries*

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68119 on: December 06, 2013, 03:03:37 am »

oh, and by the by

Augh I wanna cheer you up but don't know how. You're a friend to me Lord Slowpoke. And I don't want you to feel that way because I know it's shitty and I know people don't like to feel shitty and I'm sorry I can't help you.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #68120 on: December 06, 2013, 05:02:47 am »

The power is cut in my area at the moment so I currently have no electricity what so ever. That also means I have no heating and the temperature dropped below freezing last night.

I hope it is fixed by the time I get back home

Also so much sadness in this thread at the moment, I hope things get better for all of you soon
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68121 on: December 06, 2013, 10:05:10 am »

Also cold here. Can't run the heater without running the engine, can't run the engine unless the temperature is below 25 degrees. If the temp is, say, 27 degrees? You're shit outta luck and gonna suffer.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 10:09:14 am by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68122 on: December 06, 2013, 01:25:36 pm »

I slept right through my alarm today. There was an exam. Next week is dead week. I'm already retaking the class. I don't know what do to.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #68123 on: December 06, 2013, 02:00:34 pm »

Go to the office of whoever is in charge of the class and beg. Beg hard.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68124 on: December 06, 2013, 04:23:35 pm »

Actually went way better than expected. I hunted down the professor after a class and he was immediately like "Can you take it now?"

In other news panic attacks are literally the worst thing ever and I hope to never have another one.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #68125 on: December 06, 2013, 05:51:07 pm »

Went out for a drink with some friends, ended up doing shots of various flavours of moonshine. While I feel kinda fine after eating something I just know that tommorow morning will be hell.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68126 on: December 06, 2013, 09:33:14 pm »

I think everyone gave up on my Shadowrun game. Either that or they're waiting for me to railroad them into something >_>

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68127 on: December 06, 2013, 11:50:22 pm »

I feel that my state of mind has faulted, shifted in a direction today.

I don't want to talk about what happened, I can only say that I feel my self-hatred can only escalate from here.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68128 on: December 07, 2013, 01:14:12 am »

This Nelson Mandela person died, and everyone keeps talking about how terrible it is, and I feel a bit left out because the name doesn't even sound familiar to me. I feel like I've missed another one of those things that everybody seems to know but me. >_<
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #68129 on: December 07, 2013, 01:23:17 am »

This Nelson Mandela person died, and everyone keeps talking about how terrible it is, and I feel a bit left out because the name doesn't even sound familiar to me. I feel like I've missed another one of those things that everybody seems to know but me. >_<

google
Pages: 1 ... 4540 4541 [4542] 4543 4544 ... 8156