Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4549 4550 [4551] 4552 4553 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8574686 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68250 on: December 12, 2013, 09:56:39 am »

Spoiler: winter apathy ahoy (click to show/hide)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68251 on: December 12, 2013, 09:58:26 am »

No see, I'm that unique blend of shy and socially adept that I can do tacit superficial social maneuvers with ease but flounder like hell when it comes to anything intimate.
Not that I know of course because my mental walls won't let me try anything like what would lead to intimacy in the first place.
*hug* I know that feel.
Does this feel awkward to you?
Not really since I can disassociate from the implied intimacy thanks to the barrier of the Internet.
Also too smart for me own good.

I simply solved my social shyness by basically making a villainous persona. No situation cannot be improved with dead baby and cannibalism jokes. It helps I look sinister and apparently move in an "evil" way. As a bonus, no-one's tried to mug me, unlike the guy who tried to mug my friend last thursday.

so wait, dead baby jokes make people less likely to mug you?

society is fucking weird
Dead baby jokes make people more likely to bash your face to the wall first before mugging you.

So edgy. Dead baby jokes. Hahaha. Yeah, man, that's gonna win you good quality friends.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68252 on: December 12, 2013, 11:29:21 am »

Nah, you don't make the jokes to the mugger. It;s the way you move and how you look and hold yourself that discourages that.

The dead baby jokes are in the social group. It's not to be 'edgy' - it's amusing, if nothing else, and my kind of people tend to have a very dark sense of humour. So being a strong personality makes they gravitate towards you. It's better have people talking behind your back out of a sense of vague fear than out of mocking scorn, because they're going to do it either way.

I appreciate the insinuation I and my friends are "low quality", by the way.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68253 on: December 12, 2013, 12:14:17 pm »

Eh, everyone is low quality.

Quantity has a quality all it's own.

High quality means you're a stuck up bitch.

Cake.

I wanna hug a baby seal.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #68254 on: December 12, 2013, 12:35:27 pm »

Spoiler: Spain is Different (click to show/hide)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68255 on: December 12, 2013, 12:36:20 pm »

Eh, everyone is low quality.

Quantity has a quality all it's own.

High quality means you're a stuck up bitch.

Cake.

I wanna hug a baby seal.
* Sirus searches for SealyStar
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #68256 on: December 12, 2013, 12:43:39 pm »

I'm not sure why I wrote adaption instead of adaptation. I'm stupid ;_;
Mistakes happen D:
You're not stupid..
I do that all the time.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68257 on: December 12, 2013, 01:04:34 pm »

Just two more days until I'm off for my Winter break. Why can't it be today? Or better yet, yesterday?

I don't wanna do exams. I have a marketing exam in two hours. Marketing is stupid. It's like the bastard child of statistics and pseudo-psychology that attempts to be relevant but ends up causing more problems than it solves because it's way too overzealous and doesn't know when to draw the line.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #68258 on: December 12, 2013, 01:05:53 pm »

The best marketers know when to draw the line. If you have a problem with it, then try your own variant.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68259 on: December 12, 2013, 01:22:55 pm »

My marketing teacher isn't a very good one, then.

He's spent entire classes showing us random kickstarters or some bits of news from the business section of the newspaper and talking about the countless ways that it could change the face of the entire market instead of talking about our actual lesson.

What little we were actually taught were already covered by our other business courses. I can't think of anything we learned that was actually unique to that course.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #68260 on: December 12, 2013, 03:15:35 pm »

HPMoR is going to end soon-ish :(
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Canisaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68261 on: December 12, 2013, 03:21:14 pm »

HPMoR is going to end soon-ish :(

...by the end of 2014

You've got a while still.  At least he promised to wrap everything up with no loose ends.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68262 on: December 12, 2013, 09:17:53 pm »

Nah, you don't make the jokes to the mugger. It;s the way you move and how you look and hold yourself that discourages that.

The dead baby jokes are in the social group. It's not to be 'edgy' - it's amusing, if nothing else, and my kind of people tend to have a very dark sense of humour. So being a strong personality makes they gravitate towards you. It's better have people talking behind your back out of a sense of vague fear than out of mocking scorn, because they're going to do it either way.

I appreciate the insinuation I and my friends are "low quality", by the way.

Yeah, but you'll find in the wider world those jokes won't win you many friends, and a fair few enemies. Honestly, I doubt people 'fear' you, it's more likely that they still scorn you but are wary of your potential behaviour. How old are you again?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68264 on: December 12, 2013, 09:45:07 pm »

Yeah, but you'll find in the wider world those jokes won't win you many friends, and a fair few enemies. Honestly, I doubt people 'fear' you, it's more likely that they still scorn you but are wary of your potential behaviour. How old are you again?

This. People generally prefer if you behave like a sane member of society. Acting like a psychotic 'villain' just makes you more likely to have the cops called on you, or to be stabbed to death by the mugger, rather than just robbed.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 4549 4550 [4551] 4552 4553 ... 8156