Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4550 4551 [4552] 4553 4554 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8471672 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68265 on: December 12, 2013, 09:56:33 pm »

A felony has serious job implications...

You know, so does death. :V
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68266 on: December 12, 2013, 10:24:40 pm »

Christ, people took that a lot more seriously than I expected.

Not being an absolute moron, it's not like I'll go to a job interview and crack out the gallows humour. And if I'm going to be scorned regardless, I'd prefer it to be "because he's kind of scary" than "because he's an asocial nerd." It's not like I wear a damn cloak or something and kick puppies in the street.

Alternatively, it means the mugger decides to try for someone else, because it's lower risk to them and you don't look like a target. Contrast; my friend recently had a young thug try to mug him. He looks like a bookish nerd; certainly not someone who would fight. t's lucky for the attempted mugger he didn't: he's certainly proficient in the martial arts, and it would have gone poorly for the mugger if my friend has so decided.

You know what, a light comment has brought nothing but people nagging, for lack of a better word, and it's late. Forget I said anything.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68267 on: December 12, 2013, 10:26:57 pm »

It's not like I wear a damn cloak or something and kick puppies in the street.
You totally should. Except the puppy kicking part. Capes are good though.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68268 on: December 12, 2013, 10:32:34 pm »

Well, I could compromise, and wear a cape made out of puppies.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68269 on: December 12, 2013, 10:35:29 pm »

Christ, people took that a lot more seriously than I expected.

Not being an absolute moron, it's not like I'll go to a job interview and crack out the gallows humour. And if I'm going to be scorned regardless, I'd prefer it to be "because he's kind of scary" than "because he's an asocial nerd." It's not like I wear a damn cloak or something and kick puppies in the street.

Alternatively, it means the mugger decides to try for someone else, because it's lower risk to them and you don't look like a target. Contrast; my friend recently had a young thug try to mug him. He looks like a bookish nerd; certainly not someone who would fight. t's lucky for the attempted mugger he didn't: he's certainly proficient in the martial arts, and it would have gone poorly for the mugger if my friend has so decided.

You know what, a light comment has brought nothing but people nagging, for lack of a better word, and it's late. Forget I said anything.

All I'm saying is, pick your audience damn carefully. A lot of people don't care for gallows humour because it makes them remember something traumatic - if you go to a friend one day and make jokes about dead babies, then find out that they just recently miscarried? How would the feel then? And we're hardly nagging. I'm just saying what I think - if you submit an idea to a public forum expect it to be critiqued. Jeeze.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #68270 on: December 12, 2013, 10:55:09 pm »

Aww, it's cool. I don't make dead baby jokes but I can see where that's coming from. Lots of people like picking on others and if you act tough, confident or intimidating it discourages said behavior (at least openly). Having a dark humor sort of adds to that effect.
It's not actively malicious even if it might be a little tasteless. Better than actually picking on people by a good bit, I would say.

Honestly I'm just "fortunate" (cough cough) to be in a place in life where I couldn't care less about what people say to me. I had some new "acquaintance" of mine make fun of me for something about a week ago. Turned towards him and stared. Not angrily or anything; just my usual tired, semi blank stare. I said, "Buddy, I'm tired. I've been working all day. I haven't been sleeping well in weeks. You can say literally anything you want and you'd just be wasting your breath. So go ahead."

There were no further comments made to my face.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68271 on: December 12, 2013, 10:56:08 pm »

And you are assuming I don't pick my audience carefully. I am not blind, nor incompetent; while I insult, joke, and mock other people, I'm pretty good at not going overboard. If someone did get pissed off at me for it, I can accept why; I apologise and move on. I've been told before that the person in question - by the person - appreciated the fact someone was willing to joke about something everyone else tiptoed about, and they accepted it due to the fact it was my nature to joke about these things. I'm aware that not everyone will be like that.

Though I get the feeling you think I just sound like I'm an arse.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68272 on: December 12, 2013, 11:24:35 pm »

Yeah, that's kinda what I'm getting.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68273 on: December 12, 2013, 11:39:50 pm »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68274 on: December 12, 2013, 11:41:52 pm »

I get depressed about that sort of thing rather than angry, so I put it in the appropriate thread for me :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68275 on: December 12, 2013, 11:42:50 pm »

I get depressed about that sort of thing rather than angry, so I put it in the appropriate thread for me :P
Shit like that is the reason I believe in violence as the answer to some problems.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68276 on: December 13, 2013, 12:22:38 am »

I have the least photogenic hair I've ever seen. The rest of me is fine, but my hair just ruins every picture ever. This bugs me more than it should.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68277 on: December 13, 2013, 01:31:49 am »

Shit like that is the reason I believe in violence as the answer to all problems.
FTFY
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #68278 on: December 13, 2013, 01:56:02 am »

-snip-
Shit like that is the reason I believe in violence as the answer to all problems.
FTFY
And its thoughts like these which depress me.

...That notion is not a good notion.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68279 on: December 13, 2013, 01:59:03 am »

-snip-
FTFY
And its thoughts like these which depress me.
...That notion is not a good notion.
Well, luckily, it was only a joke, and yes, it's a very shallow concept, and unfortunately I've met plenty of jerks who honestly believe it.

On an unrelated note, I had an emotional breakdown today. I spend the past half hour deciding whether or not to say anything about it, and I figured I may as well.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4550 4551 [4552] 4553 4554 ... 8153