Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4551 4552 [4553] 4554 4555 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8472366 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68280 on: December 13, 2013, 02:33:24 am »

I hope none of the pressure that caused that came from the forums. I'd hate for you to feel obligated to GM your games here, fun as they are. Your well-being is so much more important to me, and, hopefully, all of us. I hope things start looking up for you soon.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68281 on: December 13, 2013, 02:40:04 am »

* kaijyuu hugs
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68282 on: December 13, 2013, 07:40:38 am »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/11/ethan-couch-sentenced_n_4426722.html
Doesn't seem too surprising. The rich don't seem to have the same laws as everyone else.
I just read that. He suffered from "Affluence". They literally just said they wouldn't send him to prison because he's been rich and pampered all his life.

What the actual hell.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68283 on: December 13, 2013, 03:18:18 pm »

Sick and tired of getting passed over for jobs for no reason. Sick and tired of being stuck in dead-end hellholes. Fuck retail. Why will no one hire me for a position that I have the credentials to be killer at? Man, fuck everything.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #68284 on: December 13, 2013, 04:27:31 pm »

Know what feels splendid?
Knowing that you're failing a class purely through your own laziness, that you have multiple projects to get done over the weekend, one they counts for a significant portion of marks in another class. Thanks to said laziness they're only partly done and will require some time to properly complete.
Also feel sick for an added bonus.
The only thing that could make this situation better is if I have to suddenly work 16 hours over the weekend when up until now I've only had a few four hour shifts oh wait that happened too!

Hah! Hahaha. Hahaha. Hahaha. Hahaha. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #68285 on: December 13, 2013, 04:28:54 pm »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/11/ethan-couch-sentenced_n_4426722.html
This belongs in the rage thread. Murderous, murderous rage.
Well that's depressing. And very much rage-worthy.
And I was just about to put my mind at ease and go to sleep. Gorramit.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #68286 on: December 13, 2013, 05:05:16 pm »

___
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 05:22:19 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #68287 on: December 13, 2013, 05:23:16 pm »

Headed back to a forum I used to frequent regularly, after a few months' absence, only to find that absolutely everyone there whom I respected has posted in the 'farewell' sub-forum, to be replaced by a bunch of real jerks.

Farewell, years of my life, farewell.  What was once one of the greatest communities I've had the pleasure of knowing is now a cross between a ghost town and a mini-mall.

The only regret I have is missing my chance to say good-bye.
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #68288 on: December 13, 2013, 06:36:38 pm »

The great wall of China text.

Well that's kinda crappy. TBH I've felt like that at times. I think it has most to do with being tired for one reason or another. So if you can, try and get some rest over the holidays or something, try doing something different, a new activity, to freshen up the daily grind maybe.
Have you also considered various forms of art/entertainment to invoke feelings? Not sure how it affects you, but for example, Toy Story (third one especially) is one of the rare movies that made me tear up properly, an emotionally impactful movie by any standard I think. And I very very rarely cry for any reason (last time I can honestly recall was two years ago when I was having a bit of a breakdown/panic attack).

And if all else fails, try seeking proffesional help, they might even "fix" whatever might be broken without any medication I think. Just talking about certain things is greatly helpful (and my guess is that people who get paid for that are even better at it than just a random friend).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #68289 on: December 13, 2013, 06:48:30 pm »

The Laptop I was using as my primary computer just up and burned out. I might be able to have it fixed, but it will take some time if at all. That was my primary base of operations too, damn.

All I want is a decent model from the last 2 years that will last me a while. Not the "several years old, cracked screen, too small" thing I'm using now, or even the moderately outdated, "ok"  thing I was using. And of course I have no money, and getting something would require serious negotiation that can't happen for more then half-a-year.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68290 on: December 14, 2013, 12:45:28 am »

Sick and tired of getting passed over for jobs for no reason. Sick and tired of being stuck in dead-end hellholes. Fuck retail. Why will no one hire me for a position that I have the credentials to be killer at? Man, fuck everything.
That sucks. It is very hard to get a job these days, so it probably is not anything against you and just that there's an overabundance of people applying for the position. I think a lot of it is that people who are drastically overqualified for certain positions are now applying for them because they lost their old jobs that they were just averagely qualified for. Hence it pushes everyone down until it reaches the level of basic minimum wage jobs that kids can't get because those jobs are taken by overqualified adults who lost their jobs or had them taken by people overqualified for that position and yada yada. Probably not super comforting but I just thought I'd point out there's a good chance it's really not a problem with you but the whole system.
Yeah, I get that, I just needed to vent. I'm one of those guys on the bottom rung, and I'm just frustrated to be stuck here, because I've clawed my way from homeless with no prospects to Associate's Degree...with no prospects. I'm still doing retail at 30 because there are extremely limited opportunities here in Handlandia, what with the automakers and other assorted industry doing their damndest to kill themselves or move all the jobs overseas. Our wonderful government, at least locally, decided to bank on tourism, of all things, to kickstart our economy. Well, that failed pretty hard, and now there are almost no permanent jobs here, as they're all leaving for greener pastures by the hundreds. Combine that with a bad back and knees from a string of injuries, and super-hard labor is almost out of the question. That leaves me with...not a whole lot of choices. The situation is just frustrating, and I needed to vent. I understand the situation, but that doesn't make it any better.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #68291 on: December 14, 2013, 01:22:27 am »

Apparently, about 200 mg of caffeine in chili form is too much on the tail end of an extended release pseudoephedrine from the previous day. I spent the first couple of hours fighting the urge to vomit and panic at the same time.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #68292 on: December 15, 2013, 04:03:35 pm »

That sucks. It is very hard to get a job these days, so it probably is not anything against you and just that there's an overabundance of people applying for the position. I think a lot of it is that people who are drastically overqualified for certain positions are now applying for them because they lost their old jobs that they were just averagely qualified for. Hence it pushes everyone down until it reaches the level of basic minimum wage jobs that kids can't get because those jobs are taken by overqualified adults who lost their jobs or had them taken by people overqualified for that position and yada yada. Probably not super comforting but I just thought I'd point out there's a good chance it's really not a problem with you but the whole system.
Yeah, I get that, I just needed to vent. I'm one of those guys on the bottom rung, and I'm just frustrated to be stuck here, because I've clawed my way from homeless with no prospects to Associate's Degree...with no prospects. I'm still doing retail at 30 because there are extremely limited opportunities here in Handlandia, what with the automakers and other assorted industry doing their damndest to kill themselves or move all the jobs overseas. Our wonderful government, at least locally, decided to bank on tourism, of all things, to kickstart our economy. Well, that failed pretty hard, and now there are almost no permanent jobs here, as they're all leaving for greener pastures by the hundreds. Combine that with a bad back and knees from a string of injuries, and super-hard labor is almost out of the question. That leaves me with...not a whole lot of choices. The situation is just frustrating, and I needed to vent. I understand the situation, but that doesn't make it any better.

Indianapolis is trying to do the same thing.  Banking on tourism.  Dumbest fucking idea.  Seriously what the fuck.  We have a decent zoo and some prestige in racing history.  Besides that there is fuck all here that any tourist will care to go out of their way for, besides extreme minority specialized interests that will not amount to enough to matter.  We're a flat, rural state with shitty weather.  We're pretty well set up for conventions and sporting events, but they slashed the holy hell out of education and other infrastructure across the state to invest in those things, which only benefit restaurants and hotels downtown.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68293 on: December 15, 2013, 11:16:30 pm »

Have none of you played Tropico? Obviously Indianapolis is where Presidente fled after being voted out.

Obviously

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #68294 on: December 16, 2013, 03:28:50 am »

Hnnng big project that I had a month to do and I'm doing it in the last 7 hours.
Goddammit me why you a procrastinating shit.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 4551 4552 [4553] 4554 4555 ... 8153