Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4569 4570 [4571] 4572 4573 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8474069 times)

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68550 on: December 28, 2013, 02:37:20 am »

Hope you get well soon. I am just getting over a stomach bug. Drink dem fluids! Then expel them somehow.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68551 on: December 28, 2013, 05:37:16 am »

Just watched Safety Not Guaranteed. Best film I've seen in a long time.

Unfortunately, this movie was one of those occasional films that are so good, they make me feel sad when they end.
Feeling rather melancholy right now. Going to have to buy it on DVD at some point in the future.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68552 on: December 28, 2013, 03:50:05 pm »

OOTS is a nice comic.

Sorry you are having a rough time Cmega3! Bay12 is here to be your friend. :(

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68553 on: December 28, 2013, 04:05:46 pm »

Way to perfectly describe my own thoughts and experiences.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68554 on: December 28, 2013, 05:31:23 pm »

Sorry you are having a rough time Cmega3! Bay12 is here to be your friend. :(
You now are one of us. And we watch out for our own.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #68555 on: December 28, 2013, 07:28:29 pm »

On the sixth day of Christmas my mother and/or sister gave to me...

...a bunch of real nasty flu virii!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68556 on: December 28, 2013, 08:10:57 pm »

Relatively minor sad-

I watched Frozen (good movie) and it got me thinking what I would do if I had those kinds of magic (not "fireball and lightning" magic, more like earth or air bending in avatar). I spent a few hours thinking how awesome it would be and then I remembered magic doesn't exist D:

This happens to me way too much. Over the summer, I was lonely (friends wouldn't invite me and they'd rather die than come over) so, I started reading OOTS. I loved it. I was a few hundred pages in, laughing at the parties' escapades, when a sad thought came upon me. "C, don't forget. They don't exist. They are not your friends." I seriously almost cried.

That is the reason I play games and use the internet so much. To me, it's like if one day this guy came to me and said, " Hey, you there. You look lonely and bored. What if I gave you a world where you are not alone? Where you have power? Where everything is not your fault and people will listen to and respect you? Where your opinion exists? Where you can cast magic and build spaceships, study the behavior of animals or take over a city? Where you actually have hopes and you can get real friends that will not backstab you the moment you turn around? Where you can meet people with similar interests, have friendly debates, get help and constructive criticism?

Of course, according to everyone else, I am addicted and it's making me anti-social and irresponsible and all that good stuff.

Such worlds of fiction and fantasy may not be real, but do not doubt the merit in them. Know that there is someone else out there who dreamt up the very same material you're reading, envisioned the characters you've become some delighted with. The characters may not be real, but the mind behind them is.

Now, what if you could extend that very same hand of entertainment, intrigue, plot, personality, to others? What if you could be the mind behind the next OOTS? You've an active imagination, my friend. Don't ever downplay it, it's the stuff of humanity. Put it to words. Write.

I think anyone would find it difficult to criticize one who could put imagination to word and invoke it in others.

This. No one else can determine whether you are living a worthy, fulfilling life. That is entirely up to you. Does it make you happy to enjoy flights of fantasy? If yes, then that is all that matters (although ensuring you can support your habit of fantasy is very important too. Don't become homeless because of video games plz, and I won't become homeless cuz of drugs. Deal? Deal.) It's not hurting others for you to enjoy yourself, and it might actually help improve your relations with other people, especially if you use it as inspiration.

Because asking a girl out is sooooo much easier when you think, "What would Tony Stark do right now?"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #68557 on: December 28, 2013, 08:35:40 pm »

If you're worried about reactions, that's what aliases and anonymity is for. You'd be in good company.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68558 on: December 28, 2013, 09:34:18 pm »

hello everyone, im posting here not because i have something sad to tell, but because i find it strange that despite there being a sad thread with 4.6k replies on the first page of this section. There is no such thread for happy things that happened? Why isnt there a thread called "Things that made you smile today?". I think this is sad...    oh wait lol hahaha

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68559 on: December 28, 2013, 09:43:32 pm »

The happy thread is the largest on the forum.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #68560 on: December 28, 2013, 09:49:56 pm »

hello everyone, im posting here not because i have something sad to tell, but because i find it strange that despite there being a sad thread with 4.6k replies on the first page of this section. There is no such thread for happy things that happened? Why isnt there a thread called "Things that made you smile today?". I think this is sad...    oh wait lol hahaha

The happy thread is the thread with burritos in the title.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68561 on: December 28, 2013, 11:46:59 pm »

oh geez how could i have missed that? i thought it was some random touhou thread, hah

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68562 on: December 29, 2013, 12:08:05 am »

oh geez how could i have missed that? i thought it was some random touhou thread, hah
I wonder if the Touhou fans are going to embrace this, or come to your house and do unspeakable things.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68563 on: December 29, 2013, 12:08:41 am »

The Happy Thread is easily identifiable regardless of title by being the single largest thread on the entire forum.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68564 on: December 29, 2013, 12:09:39 am »

The happy thread is the thread with burritos in the title.
On second thought, this probably needs to be sigged.
Pages: 1 ... 4569 4570 [4571] 4572 4573 ... 8153