Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4583 4584 [4585] 4586 4587 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8574405 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #68760 on: January 05, 2014, 12:43:19 pm »

64kbps internet here.

Shut up, all of you.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68761 on: January 05, 2014, 12:44:41 pm »

On average I get about 64kb/s, on very good days it goes up to 100 kb/s, sometimes over but it depends on a lot of things like whether or not local hunters have shot the telephone lines.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #68762 on: January 05, 2014, 12:53:41 pm »

Maybe try to track down and get in contact with the web administrator? They probably have a copy of the site still.

Ways to do that include using the Wayback Machine to find any contact info pages from the site, looking on domain registration sites like GoDaddy.com to see whose name/email the URL was registered to, and other things you might be able to try depending on the nature of the site.
Yeah...I might just do that in the end. Thanks for the heads up, much appreciated.

I hope to god this is made up or exaggerated.
And then there's that. Well crap.
I also feel for you all gals and guys posting your problems here, I do.
Right now, for some strange and unknown reason I'm just in a mood where simply reading through this topic makes me sad and at the same time caring for you all. If that's even the right word.
Strange days ahead, hooo. ._.

edit:
Figured it out - nostalgia got me. And the melancholy that comes with it.
I guess it's that day again.
And my left eye hurts in a most peculiar way.
Gundammit all.
Time to go to bed.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 04:01:39 pm by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #68763 on: January 05, 2014, 01:28:12 pm »

Jegus, what did I do to my back? Maybe I overexerted myself moving things yesterday? Bending over to take dishes out of the dishwasher is enough to cause significant agony. I think I'm not going to do any cooking today.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #68764 on: January 05, 2014, 02:49:44 pm »

On average I get about 64kb/s, on very good days it goes up to 100 kb/s, sometimes over but it depends on a lot of things like whether or not local hunters have shot the telephone lines.
Usually my Internet is pretty average, but when it gets grumpy it plummets to about 4 kb/s...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #68765 on: January 05, 2014, 04:18:46 pm »

Jegus, what did I do to my back? Maybe I overexerted myself moving things yesterday? Bending over to take dishes out of the dishwasher is enough to cause significant agony. I think I'm not going to do any cooking today.
If your knees are still fine, you might be able to get by with that. I managed some pretty vigorous things the couple times my back went to hell. Just lower yourself with the knees and reach carefully with the arms. Range of motion isn't quite the same, obviously, but it's can be sufficient.

Alternately, splits. Very wide stance, anyway. Might bring you down far enough to reach dishes.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68766 on: January 05, 2014, 04:21:24 pm »

On  the plus side, doing that will also be really good exercise if you're doing squats everytime you reach down.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68767 on: January 05, 2014, 07:11:04 pm »

Just do what I do. Stand in a doorway, put your feet against the frame, spread apart. Twist as far as you can by pushing on one side of the doorframe with both hands. Repeat for the other side. Now bend forward in a sweeping motion, creating a semicircle at waist height. I can crack my back over a dozen times in one go doing this. Hardcore realignment.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #68768 on: January 05, 2014, 07:12:16 pm »

Just do what I do. Stand in a doorway, put your feet against the frame, spread apart. Twist as far as you can by pushing on one side of the doorframe with both hands. Repeat for the other side. Now bend forward in a sweeping motion, creating a semicircle at waist height. I can crack my back over a dozen times in one go doing this. Hardcore realignment.
I do the same but with a chair and I also lean backwards.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #68769 on: January 05, 2014, 07:22:49 pm »

My spine is fine, it's the muscles
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68770 on: January 05, 2014, 07:27:57 pm »

Usually my Internet is pretty average, but when it gets grumpy it plummets to about 4 kb/s...

>.>

I usually get 1.4 mb/s...
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68771 on: January 05, 2014, 07:30:59 pm »

I don't even have internet. I post on these forums through sheer force of will.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68772 on: January 05, 2014, 07:34:44 pm »

19.5 Megabits per second.

Is that the units you're all using? I can't tell. I'm going to assume so.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #68773 on: January 05, 2014, 07:40:15 pm »

I don't even have internet. I post on these forums through sheer force of will.

I'm going to have to sig that. Just let me make some room here:

It's less of a gulf and more of a small pond, to be honest. Shipping cares not about reality, canon or cross-species borders.

Best be careful with that quote; it's been discontinued. In fact, maybe I need to archive it somewhere.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68774 on: January 05, 2014, 07:48:16 pm »

It's less of a gulf and more of a small pond, to be honest. Shipping cares not about reality, canon or cross-species borders.

Best be careful with that quote; it's been discontinued. In fact, maybe I need to archive it somewhere.
Where's it from? I can't think of many deleted threads.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 4583 4584 [4585] 4586 4587 ... 8156